Sept.6 to 11- Comparison to Hedo III

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Sept.6 to 11- Comparison to Hedo III

Postby Domsubcpl » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:45 am

This was our first trip to Desire; we have been to Hedonism 3 three times. We’ll do it backwards and put the conclusion first!

CONCLUSION: If you are traveling with a group which plans on making most of its own fun, then Desire is a little more upscale than Hedo 3 with a beautiful setting and grounds. Also, we spent some enjoyable time crocodile-spotting and watching in the area just outside the resort.. If you want to swim naked in the Caribbean, Desire has a bigger nicer nude beach than Hedo 3. Those are the only advantages I can see to Desire.
However, if you are looking for an “anything goesâ€
Domsubcpl

Postby El Flaco » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:57 pm

Thank you for your comparison report. It is interesting because we also fly out of BTV. We also feel similarly about Desire. We have been twice and it has been fun, but we are looking for something a little different. Our only issue with going to Hedo is the fact that it is not couples only. My wife would feel very odd being gawked at by some day pass pervert. What is your opinion on this???
El Flaco

Postby mfay » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:36 am

Well, as Patrick Swaze said in that great American movie classis ROAD HOUSE:

"opinions vary"

Thats why both the Hedo resorts and Desire continue to be successful. Neither trys to be the same as the other and each has strengths that make it more attractive to different people based on their own priorities. No one would argue the point that the hedo resorts offer a higher energy- kind of "frat party" atmosphere not found at Desire. And there is certainly nothing wrong with that.
You make a good point in your opening though about attending Desire with a group. Desire is much more laid back. They promote a much more relaxing, classy atmosphere. That atmosphere combined with the smaller crowd tends to promote series of smaller more private parties rather than one large one. And even though everyone tends to be very friendly and accepting, its so much easier to get involved if you do come with a group where you have had a chance to get to know some people ahead of time and have had some sort of welcome party to start off the trip. At Desire especially its all about the people !
So we strongly recommend coming with a group (even more important for 1st timers) of some kind. Regardless of what kind of group it is they almost always increase the energy level of the resort as a whole and provide you with a lot of instant new friends to get the fun strarted off quickly.
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby nekkidcouple1964 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:02 pm

Thanks for the comparison. This is spot on. It gives people all the info they need. We've heard about Hedo and it didn't sound like our kind of place. This makes me sure of it.

We go on vacation as a couple to relax, reconnect and get in that quality sex time that a couple with kids just never has. We don't like to get pressed into games and such especially ones with sexual overtones. Don't mind watching that once in a while, but not our thing.

Sleeping and reading on the beach beds is just about our favorite activity. We don't disco and the lobby bar music is nice every couple of nights. Love to people watch at the jacuzzi and there is plenty of sexual stuff going on there for us.

Though it didn't mention it, Desire has couples only (no singles) that is a big winner for us. Not interested in chatty single guys hanging out nude with us.

The greatest thing for us is almost total resort nudity. We really don't care what others do. I can walk from my room to the pool, to the spa, to the beach and never be dressed. That is so relaxing. I only carry a wrap to cover up at the lunch tables and get dressed for breakfast and dinner. I lose those clothes almost as soon as I leave the restaurant. No prude side at Desire, but some prudes. Not many. But, I don't mind what they do.

There could be more "included" activities. (Snorkeling tours that you don't pay for. Boat trips. Town trips. Crafts. Tattoos and Body painting for free.) If they did more of that for free it would almost be perfect.

We've been three times now and will surely go back as soon as we can.

This is a great comparison and will give plenty of people the opportunity to see what each place is like and decide what they like. Thanks for the post.
nekkidcouple1964
Desire Fan

El Flaco/gawking

Postby Domsubcpl » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:03 pm

You messaged,
"My wife would feel very odd being gawked at by some day pass pervert. What is your opinion on this???"
Greetings,
We have talked about this part of your post and there was never in our three trips to Hedo any time where she or I felt that any gawking happened. One of the reasons the rule is ALL NUDE at the nude pool is to keep this from happening. The day-pass people from Breezes I noted were there to be nude with the rest of us. Otherwise they just do not show up untill late for the shows and very few of those.
Sir and his

P. S. Thanks to the others who responded to our trip report and, as you said so eloquently, to each his own! Desire was beautiful in many ways and we enjoyed our vacation, but not as much as hoped.
Domsubcpl

Postby Yankeefan » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:16 pm

the entertainment at the pool and jacuzzi is boring at best now. in the "old days" (a few years ago) and on our 1st ever visit, they actually had kissing contests up at the jacuzzi which turned out to be a sucking contest which was fantastic to say the least. we will never forget those days and believe me, the place was PACKED and ROCKING. they even had a toga contest which went away because it was a "hedo" thing but it was fun also.

of course, when the famouse Arturo was bartending, since canned for throwing up on a guest, he was the height of perversion and it was the best ever....body shots like you would not believe and things going on up there that we havent seen since.

it could be the weeks we go now, but it does seem like the place has mellowed.

comments?
YF
SLS: Yankeefans
Yankeefan
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Aug 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby mfay » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:17 am

YF- definately agree with that. Back in 04- with Silvina and JJ on the EC staff- things like the BJ contest around the pool were common. Remember the list of dirty words in spanish they used to give you when you checked in ?
But over time time they decided to try to appeal to a broader section of the public- and so they became more and more carefull not to offend. Obviously that worked pretty well since they have
have had such a history of high occupancy.
But to be fair, if you go during a full group takeover- where the group is allowed to set the tone- you will see a lot more of the raunchy games and themes. We've done a couple of those and they do get interesting.
Mike
mfay

BJ Contest

Postby pghfunseekers » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:26 pm

Ok, we gotta ask ... how is there ever one winner of a BJ contest? It seems like everyone wins!! What are the rules? :D
pghfunseekers
Desire Convert

Postby Yankeefan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:39 pm

Who won? I'll tell you who won...this one guy, "MR. Holland" as dubbed by Mrs Yankeefan, was what you would call, the King of the Beach. His dutiful girlfriend, "swallowed" up the competition, if you get my drift.

By the way, he was 66 years old and his GF was 44. He was and still is, my hero.

The other finalists were very strong also. I want to say it was all done in good taste...but I wont! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

In our opinion, Desire was a ton of fun back then and we wish it was still like that...it just aint.

YF
SLS: Yankeefans
Yankeefan
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Aug 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Denver Duo » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:05 pm

Wow! Talk about getting the guests "into" the fun! We've seen some wild times but they were always initiated by the guests and not the Desire staff. The good old days now have a new meaning for some of you.
Denver Duo
Desire Lover

Postby CokeMann » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:38 pm

Mike - we used to be avid pool people because of exactly what you said about the ECs - JJ in particular (we always called him the Mexican version of Robin Williams - LOL !! ).

I think I still have a copy of the phrase sheet you mentioned - JJ used to use it to give pronunciation lessons on the mic around the pool deck - sometime with visual aids....... :D :D :D

Sigh.... yes, things have changed - after the destruction and rebuild from Hurricane Wilma not only was the dock gone for good but the raunchy stuff (which generally had me laughing until the tears flowed) seemed to depart at about the same time
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby 2batdesire » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:37 pm

The best year was 2003, when Omar and Hector were there. Desire was new, there weren't any traditions and every minute was very entertaining! :twisted: :mrgreen:
2batdesire
Desire Lover

Postby Ron » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:21 pm

Yea! I agree with Coke. Bring back some of the raunchy stuff. What a fun year that was. Just seems that being politically correct is now more important than laughing one's arse off. JJ should have been on Saturday Night Live. Oh well, nothing ever stays the same. Improvise and adapt.
Ron
Desire Devotee

Postby mfay » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:32 am

Ah the good old days !
Can't bring back those great people, but maybe we CAN bring back the attitude ?
Lets make that a new mission- work on those EC's
and get them to ramp it up a little.
I don't know if "Lazaro" has an e-mail address but if nothing else we can send suggestions for poolside activities with details to "pr@desireresort.com" and ask for them to be passed on.
Mike
mfay

Postby Ron » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:51 am

Got a great idea. Why not suggest to the PR director that the EC's and herself take a company paid "blind" trip to Hedo II for a couple days. Ya know just like a blind shopper in Macy's. That is unless management really believes the activities at pool side and after dinner are OK.
Ron
Desire Devotee

Next

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya