Great Vacation July 29th-Aug 3rd.

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Postby R/S » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:16 pm

What a great trip!!!! We were there July 29th-August 3rd. I will save all the boring details of the flight. However, I will say Continental Airline had us to the gate just about on time.

While at the airport, ran into a couple that we had been talking to on the Yahoo July group. We had no problem getting through Customs and Immigration. We both were using the same transfer company (Trans Beach), so we were all put into the same van. The couple we were with and been to Desire several times. This was our first time at this resort. We had been to Desire Cabo twice before it changed. It was nice to quiz the veterans about the resort.

Got to the resort, had a glass of champagne and cold cloth waiting for us. Check in was fast and painless. The room was ready so we got right in.

The room was small but we thought it had plenty of closet and drawer space. The bathroom was big enough and had a walk in shower. There was plenty of hot water and pressure that could take a couple of layers of skin off. We checked out some other rooms during our stay. Those rooms seemed bigger with a couple of love seats in them. However, the bathroom was not as nice. Really, we were not in the room that much, so it worked out good.

We were down by the pool on the first day at 1pm. Then it started to rain so we went and had lunch. Sit next to a nice couple from Mexico City. He told us that they were calling for rain for the next several days. This concerned me, but nothing I could do about but enjoy vacation. About one hour later the rain stopped and the sun came out. That was the last of rain during the day for the remainder of the trip.

The pool was nice. We did miss the swim up bar like they had at Cabo. However, with Silvia taking drink orders, there was no need for a swim up bar. The Jacuzzi was a social point in the late afternoon and late night. Just wish management could get the water at a constant temp. The first night it was perfect. The next few nights it was so hot could hardly stay in it. The last night it was perfect again.

We are always a little concerned with food at an all-inclusive. However, the food was out of this world. We only made it to breakfast one morning. It was good. We are not big breakfast people, but everyone told us that it was outstanding. Lunch at the pool bar was great. You could get the normal, chicken and hamburgers. Or they would grill up some fish, chicken, or pork tacos. The guacamole was to die for. We had that everyday for lunch. Also they had some other hot items for lunch.

We never did make it to any of the buffets while we were there. However, Il Piacere was great. We ate there three times and each time was outstanding. The salad, soups, and entrees were fresh and presented nicely. One night we spent extra money and ordered the lobster. Glad we did, because it was delicious!! We ate at Suki twice. The sushi was so fresh and tasted wonderful.

I know there had been a lot of talk about the pool chairs. We usually got down to the pool about 11am. We usually got the recliners in front of the towel hut. Really, in July it is to hot to be sitting in a chair. We spent most of the time in the pool, so we had no issue with the chairs.

The theme nights and the disco was fun. It appeared that most of the females dressed up for theme nights. The disco was always happening and seemed to go a lot longer then the disco at Cabo ever did.

I can not say enough about the staff at the resort. Everyone was so friendly and would always talk to you. There is not one staff member that we had any negative contact with.

The clients at the resort were very friendly and fun. What a great group of people! We met so many people it is hard to remember everyone. We met a lot of neat people from Texas, New Orleans, upper New York, and Indy.

While we were there a big group did arrive. The first night they took over the pool, disco and Jacuzzi. Everything seemed in your face action. However, after the first night everything turned calm again. I think there were all just excited to start their vacations also. Visited with some of the couples and they were just there to relax and have a good time also.

Overall, you can make what you want to out of Desire. You can relax, reconnect with the one you brought, visit with other couples from all over, stay up to all hours of the night/morning and eat pizza at 4am. I am proud to say we did all of them.

We will be returning………
R/S
Desire Convert

Postby R/S » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:16 pm

What a great trip!!!! We were there July 29th-August 3rd. I will save all the boring details of the flight. However, I will say Continental Airline had us to the gate just about on time.

While at the airport, ran into a couple that we had been talking to on the Yahoo July group. We had no problem getting through Customs and Immigration. We both were using the same transfer company (Trans Beach), so we were all put into the same van. The couple we were with and been to Desire several times. This was our first time at this resort. We had been to Desire Cabo twice before it changed. It was nice to quiz the veterans about the resort.

Got to the resort, had a glass of champagne and cold cloth waiting for us. Check in was fast and painless. The room was ready so we got right in.

The room was small but we thought it had plenty of closet and drawer space. The bathroom was big enough and had a walk in shower. There was plenty of hot water and pressure that could take a couple of layers of skin off. We checked out some other rooms during our stay. Those rooms seemed bigger with a couple of love seats in them. However, the bathroom was not as nice. Really, we were not in the room that much, so it worked out good.

We were down by the pool on the first day at 1pm. Then it started to rain so we went and had lunch. Sit next to a nice couple from Mexico City. He told us that they were calling for rain for the next several days. This concerned me, but nothing I could do about but enjoy vacation. About one hour later the rain stopped and the sun came out. That was the last of rain during the day for the remainder of the trip.

The pool was nice. We did miss the swim up bar like they had at Cabo. However, with Silvia taking drink orders, there was no need for a swim up bar. The Jacuzzi was a social point in the late afternoon and late night. Just wish management could get the water at a constant temp. The first night it was perfect. The next few nights it was so hot could hardly stay in it. The last night it was perfect again.

We are always a little concerned with food at an all-inclusive. However, the food was out of this world. We only made it to breakfast one morning. It was good. We are not big breakfast people, but everyone told us that it was outstanding. Lunch at the pool bar was great. You could get the normal, chicken and hamburgers. Or they would grill up some fish, chicken, or pork tacos. The guacamole was to die for. We had that everyday for lunch. Also they had some other hot items for lunch.

We never did make it to any of the buffets while we were there. However, Il Piacere was great. We ate there three times and each time was outstanding. The salad, soups, and entrees were fresh and presented nicely. One night we spent extra money and ordered the lobster. Glad we did, because it was delicious!! We ate at Suki twice. The sushi was so fresh and tasted wonderful.

I know there had been a lot of talk about the pool chairs. We usually got down to the pool about 11am. We usually got the recliners in front of the towel hut. Really, in July it is to hot to be sitting in a chair. We spent most of the time in the pool, so we had no issue with the chairs.

The theme nights and the disco was fun. It appeared that most of the females dressed up for theme nights. The disco was always happening and seemed to go a lot longer then the disco at Cabo ever did.

I can not say enough about the staff at the resort. Everyone was so friendly and would always talk to you. There is not one staff member that we had any negative contact with.

The clients at the resort were very friendly and fun. What a great group of people! We met so many people it is hard to remember everyone. We met a lot of neat people from Texas, New Orleans, upper New York, and Indy.

While we were there a big group did arrive. The first night they took over the pool, disco and Jacuzzi. Everything seemed in your face action. However, after the first night everything turned calm again. I think there were all just excited to start their vacations also. Visited with some of the couples and they were just there to relax and have a good time also.

Overall, you can make what you want to out of Desire. You can relax, reconnect with the one you brought, visit with other couples from all over, stay up to all hours of the night/morning and eat pizza at 4am. I am proud to say we did all of them.

We will be returning………
R/S
Desire Convert

Postby pelagiccouple » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:25 am

I can not wait!!!!!! Can you tell I am excited????
5 days to go
pelagiccouple
Desire Lover

Postby pelagiccouple » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:25 am

I can not wait!!!!!! Can you tell I am excited????
5 days to go
pelagiccouple
Desire Lover

Re: Great Vacation July 29th-Aug 3rd.

Postby Powderfinger » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:22 am

R/S wrote:

We will be returning………

Words of wisdom, it was a great trip!

Just pick a date.....
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: Great Vacation July 29th-Aug 3rd.

Postby Powderfinger » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:22 am

R/S wrote:

We will be returning………

Words of wisdom, it was a great trip!

Just pick a date.....
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

Postby eddieandjojo » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:16 pm

....as long as the dates are 7/28 to 8/2 in 2011.....LOL!
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby eddieandjojo » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:16 pm

....as long as the dates are 7/28 to 8/2 in 2011.....LOL!
eddieandjojo

Postby eddieandjojo » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:28 pm

Pelagiccouple - based on your profile name, I assume you're into deep sea fishing! Any plans to head out one day? Great sailfish and white marlin fishing off of Isla Mujeres. Hard to leave the resort but the only time we do is to either get the Claudia massage or go marlin fishing.

Have fun.....which I know you will.

E&J
eddieandjojo

Postby eddieandjojo » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:28 pm

Pelagiccouple - based on your profile name, I assume you're into deep sea fishing! Any plans to head out one day? Great sailfish and white marlin fishing off of Isla Mujeres. Hard to leave the resort but the only time we do is to either get the Claudia massage or go marlin fishing.

Have fun.....which I know you will.

E&J
eddieandjojo

Postby R/S » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:40 pm

I know "S" liked the time we went this year, so next year will be pretty close if not the same dates...
R/S
Desire Convert

Postby R/S » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:40 pm

I know "S" liked the time we went this year, so next year will be pretty close if not the same dates...
R/S
Desire Convert

Postby Powderfinger » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:07 pm

Ahhhh, Da Man has spoken, we have our dates! LOL.....

All we know is we're not going to be the last to leave next time......
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

Postby Powderfinger » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:07 pm

Ahhhh, Da Man has spoken, we have our dates! LOL.....

All we know is we're not going to be the last to leave next time......
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

Postby R/S » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:14 pm

I remember hearing that as we were getting ready to leave....
R/S
Desire Convert

Next

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya