another one in the books! 8/18-8/24

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Postby nicenycpl » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:39 pm

TRIP REPORT

We have finally reached that point where when we are asked “how many times have you been hereâ€
nicenycpl on Kik
nicenycpl
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya

Postby nicenycpl » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:39 pm

TRIP REPORT

We have finally reached that point where when we are asked “how many times have you been here” we now respond “several”! Because, frankly, I’ve lost count! Does that make me a bad person? :o

So we just got home last night from another spectacular week in paradise! Desire veterans can relate to that feeling in the pit of my gut sitting here at work recalling where I was and what I was doing a short 24 hours ago!

Arrived on Wednesday the 18th. Flights were great, got out of the airport in record time and used USA to get to the resort…(see other posting for great review!) We arrived at the resort to the always warm welcome by Arcos, of “Welcome home!”

Breezed though check in….amused the staff by practically checking ourselves in without their assistance…(helped ourselves to a seat and champagne, reached for forms….signed in the 2 spots, grabbed wrist bands popped em on….scissors cut off excess, ).

Word of advice…use the early check in option! Our requested room was ready for us and we were heading to the pool 20 minutes after we got out of the shuttle!

Now here’s what makes this place so awesome….not 10 minutes later….we were sitting in the pool surrounded by folks we’ve never met before, and talking and laughing like we were old friends.

This trip’s entertainment staff was fantastic! Brenda, Diana and Vanessa with their trusty Wheeeeeesles…can’t wait to see the pictures of the blessed event!!! (HEY I MEANT THE IMPENDING WEDDING NOT THE RESULTS OF THE “ENHANCEMENT FUND”!!!) :roll:

Mexican Rules Pool Volleyball (go ahead and hit the ball as many times as you need to, Carl) and Full Contact Pool Basketball (touching the girls is the exception! So they make great forwards!) continues, …although the scorekeeping remains kinda suspect….(line of the trip – “you guys gonna get your eyes fixed at the same time that you get the boobies done?” :lol:

The pool scene was always friendly and fun….…..just keep an eye out for wayward crabs…not that type…the ones that should be on the buffet instead of running around under it! :shock: ….never saw so many crabs just walkin around the joint…must be mating season…(they came to the right place-rimshot)

There was no problem getting a beach bed or a pool chair at any time during our entire stay!!! Sure, there are a limited number of shady spots and umbrellas, and if you need to get a break from the sun for a bit…. just ask that friendly couple with the umbrella if you can share their shade for a bit….another great way to meet ppl! Rene and Daniel are the masters of their domain! It was funny to watch on one particular day at the pool when the weather couldn’t make up its mind and switched between pouring rain and blazing sun every 15 minutes… we perfected the 2-minute drill….stowing umbrellas and pool, mattresses like a drill team!

Usual props to C.C. and Africa at the beach and Sylvia (mi Amore) at the pool….you really do notice when they take a day off!

Then there’s Carlos at the disco….who on the night after we ordered several Lemon Drop shots…came to work completely prepared with a 2 liter bottle of premixed and nearly frozen Lemon Drop shots, ready to go……(perhaps he was motivated by the performance on the first night!)

On a positive note……THE RUMORS ARE TRUE!!!! They have mint! No more sideways looks at customs…”I swear its mint sir!” at one point I thought my skin was turning green from the frozen mojitos…turns out it was just the sunscreen! :wink:

THE NEW DISCO IS AMAZING!!!!!!!! We had read about it, seen the pictures, and still were blown away when we finally saw it….(if they had only renovated the playlist as well!). How about some formal Latin dance instruction….if the DJ at the Disco is gonna play the music, why not take an hour or two during the day to teach us city slicker gringos some Salsa moves. (Not that it would help me…I was born rhythmically challenged)

The theme nights were well attended….one guy totally stole “naughty school girl night” and made it his!!! (still my fave!)

The DJ was actually much more receptive to requests so I guess that’s gonna get better eventually….I still think they should just get XM radio

And the playroom????? OMG!!! Sure it might be a bit bright, and the door needs an auto closer on it….but this is galaxies better then the old version!!

Ok that’s enough typing….time to schedule another trip…… it’s been too long already! Who's with me?????

If you were there between 8/18 and 8/24, drop us an e mail – nicenycpl@aol.com we’d love to hear from ya!
nicenycpl on Kik
nicenycpl
Desire Addict

Postby landedesire » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:58 am

Thanks so much for taking the time...we will be there in a little over a month and reading these reports keeps us going....sounds like Desire is still paradise!!!
landedesire
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby landedesire » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:58 am

Thanks so much for taking the time...we will be there in a little over a month and reading these reports keeps us going....sounds like Desire is still paradise!!!
landedesire
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: another one in the books! 8/18-8/24

Postby Headstone » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:58 pm

[quote="nicenycpl"]TRIP REPORT

Mexican Rules Pool Volleyball (go ahead and hit the ball as many times as you need to, Carl) and Full Contact Pool Basketball (touching the girls is the exception! So they make great forwards!) continues, …although the scorekeeping remains kinda suspect….(line of the trip – “you guys gonna get your eyes fixed at the same time that you get the boobies done?â€
TTR May 28-June 4 2022
DRM June 4-June 11 2022

DRM Oct22-29 2022
TTR Oct29-Nvv 4 2022
Headstone
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 04 Jun 2022

Postby Headstone » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:58 pm

nicenycpl wrote:TRIP REPORT

Mexican Rules Pool Volleyball (go ahead and hit the ball as many times as you need to, Carl) and Full Contact Pool Basketball (touching the girls is the exception! So they make great forwards!) continues, …although the scorekeeping remains kinda suspect….(line of the trip – “you guys gonna get your eyes fixed at the same time that you get the boobies done?” :lol:

The exception or the expectation? LOL
TTR May 28-June 4 2022
DRM June 4-June 11 2022

DRM Oct22-29 2022
TTR Oct29-Nvv 4 2022
Headstone
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 04 Jun 2022

Postby scotsinco » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:39 pm

[quote="nicenycpl"]The theme nights were well attended….one guy totally stole “naughty school girl nightâ€
scotsinco

Postby scotsinco » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:39 pm

nicenycpl wrote:The theme nights were well attended….one guy totally stole “naughty school girl night” and made it his!!! (still my fave!)

Thanks - I had SO much fun playing the part :D
scotsinco

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya