Sept 4-11, 2010 with the YNOT'S

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Sept 4-11, 2010 with the YNOT'S

Postby mfay » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:52 pm

[size=109]Ah- what a fine week it was ! This was the first Ynot’s group event to be held over Labor day week- but if it says anything about how well it went- we already have group reservations for Sept 2-10, 2011.

We had 43 great couples (2/3 of them new) in the group. Even though arrivals were spread out between Sept 1st and the 9th we still had a great group atmosphere. With our yahoo group, picture cheat sheets, and group events everyone got to know each other quickly. We made a lot of new friends, and it was amazing how many people have already promised to come back next year.

Here are some of our highlights from the week- and the latest Desire news:

After 17 previous trips you would think we would have known better, but we arrived at the Cancun airport on Saturday at noon. Longest lines we have ever seen to get the bags thru customs. To their credit they did a good job of moving us thru quickly. Then of course we just happened to get the “red lightâ€
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby tout.prest » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Hey Mike !

Wouldn't you know.... its been months since I've had time to look in on the forum and as soon as i get the chance to, there you are telling me about the great trip you just had . And us without our next trip booked.........Your killing me my friend !!!! :lol:

Just FYI, Edmundo has actually been at the resort now for about a year. He is a fantastic man and we hope he stays there for along time yet. If you want to see him beam with pride, just ask him about his baby boy, Derek (Just born last spring). He's one proud father !

The trip sounds great. Nice to hear that the EC staff hasnt changed up since when we saw you in May.

Great news about the beach plans !! Hope it happens soon. There cant be much beach left at all by now. :(

Talk soon, :wink:

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby mfay » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:30 pm

Steve- there must have been a language barrier there...ahem- my spanish skills are a bit lacking. He must have been trying to say 12 months. No matter- I don't know how we missed him in May- but he is great !
I shouldn't have to tell you this- but it simply isn't healthy to go so long without at least having a Desire trip planned !! You have to be careful or you could turn into "normal people ". to help out, we'd like to invite you join us either Feb 18- 25, or May 7-15. Or both !
Mike
mfay

Postby tout.prest » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:18 pm

Or..... It coulda been the tequila. Thats an odds on favorite for why I usually misunderstand things :lol: :lol:

May simply doesnt work for us next year at all , But my wifes eyes just lit up to the idea of February :idea: . Sadly,The only time we have had potential with, is the first week of December coming, but unfortunately SDC has it sold out for that week. Oh well, we'll keep trying. We have also given thought to "swingtopia" at Caliente Caribe in January , but no plans yet, because Desire is ,by far, our destination of choice.. I don't know how you manage to find the time, but good for ya ! I'm envious :roll:

BTW, I've never been referred to as " Normal people" , so you need not worry on that !

Say Hi to Barbara for us !

Steve :wink:
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby Sharon and David » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:14 pm

Mike and Barbara, Great trip report. Thank you! We are beach people and are glad they are fixing the beach! Just wondering if they are working on it now. We are going to be there in 18 days and wonder what we will find?
Sharon and David
Desire Superstar

Postby Denver Duo » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:50 am

Thanks for the report Mike! The resort keeps making improvements on improvements which is great to hear. Now just to make it back again.
Denver Duo
Desire Lover

Postby rdjustice6 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:57 am

Great trip report guys. We loved Edmundo, and enjoyed speaking with him every morning over coffee. We hope he is a mainstay employee for years to come!
rdjustice6
Desire Fan

Postby mfay » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:01 am

Steve- if anything changes we'd love to see you guys in February. You only go around once.......
Sharon & David- they had not started on the beach last week. I got the info from the GM at a party and didn't really have a chance to pin him down any further. My guess is they may wait till later in november to get past the hurricane season to do the job. Wouldn't be good to move sand to the beach one day and then have it carried away a couple days later before they can get the barriers in place.
Denver- we still have room in May- get yourselves signed up ! You won't believe how different everything looks since your last trip.
Mike
mfay

Postby mfay » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:20 am

P.S. about the new catamaran. I just noticed that Desire already has a new link on their site advertising a daily 1/2 day cruise (weather permitting) leaving from Desire for 8 Desire couples. Apparently the boat has arrived in the past week ?
Mike
mfay

Postby it's all good! » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:05 am

Well, as I am starting to feel human again after my surgery and it's complications, all I can say is, " what a great flippin trip report!"

It's great to see that in the last year of reading this forum, and experiencing Desire twice, the resort is once again addressing positive changes to enhance its property. Getting the pier back and the beach expanded, are you kidding me, Fantastic! A catamaran direct from Desire for half day nude cruises, Outstanding. Throw in the reason why we all go back, the people, the service, and the fun. My oh my!

Mike, thanks for the update, glad the Y-nots once again stirred the pot. Look forward to perhaps meeting and joining you all in May or September. My wife and I are going to focus first on getting me healthy enough to make our planned trip Jan. 13th.

Thanks, once again to all of the contributors to this forum, it's been a great way for my wife and I to dream of getting back.

Remember," It's all good, we'll see you in the hot tub!"
Don
it's all good!
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 08 Jan 2017

Postby mfay » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:09 pm

We are counting on you making it to one of those two Ynot trips Don so keep that recovery going !
Mike
mfay

Postby Yankeefan » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:55 am

now all they need to do is put a golf course where the swamp is and we'll be down once a month instead of once a year.
SLS: Yankeefans
Yankeefan
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Aug 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby mfay » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:28 am

Nude couples golf ? That has possibilities. I can see where the "strokes per hole" would be very high, and the number of hole in ones would probably be staggering.

The golf itself could be fun too............
Mike
mfay

Catamaran

Postby DesireWeek43 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:07 am

mfay wrote:P.S. about the new catamaran. I just noticed that Desire already has a new link on their site advertising a daily 1/2 day cruise (weather permitting) leaving from Desire for 8 Desire couples. Apparently the boat has arrived in the past week ?

Hello Mfav

Sounds like your group had a great trip. Just a note, after speaking to the resort yesterday, the Cat will be arriving soon. To my understanding the pick up/drop off point will be just down the beach (short walk) for now. The sailing tour is approximately three hours, and departs about 10:00 am, depending on the weather. It includes open bar and snorkeling in Puerto Morelos reef park. I can not recall the exact cost but in the lines of about $170 per couple plus a Reef charge of about $3.

Have a great day all.
Have You Been 43'd Yet?
Apr/October
KIK ID: DRMApril17
DesireWeek43
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 0- 4-2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Apr. 2021

Postby mfay » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:13 am

Can't forget that Reef charge and the accompanying paper wrist band- that nobody has ever looked at !
I have asked Valentina to write up something to post here in the forum once they get more details firmed up about cost, itinerary, etc.
Regardless though- the half day trip is what most of us are looking for and the $150 range cost is in line so it looks like a very good thing !
If your group takes advantage- let us know how it goes.
Mike
mfay

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya