Our 1st trip (but definitely not last!)

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Our 1st trip (but definitely not last!)

Postby Houston_Hammah » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:08 pm

Just got back from a vacation where we spent 2 nights at Desire (10/23 & 10/24) followed by 4 at Sun Palace. Next time, we'll definitely stay longer at Desire, although as my girlfriend pointed out, we were almost worn out after just the 2 days/nights!

We are pretty open people as-is (we go to the unofficial nude beach in South Padre Island, for example), but Desire was an awesome experience. For anybody worried about being pressured into anything, I could not see that happening. If anything, I would have welcomed a couple advances for playing with other couples (especially one from Belgium)!

Best things about the resort:
- Room was small, but very cute, and we didn't spend time there except for sleeping anyway
- The main restaurant and Japanese place were both great. Didn't try Il Piacere
- The lobby bar is a great social area, both before and after the disco (and the pizza is perfection at 2am!)
- The disco was SO much fun. My girlfriend and I loved dancing the night away
- The swinging beach beds are a great alternative to the pool.
- The attitudes of all the guests - so much fun to hang out with so many open minded and fun people
- The PLAYROOM! Whatever it is about having sex in front of other people, count me in. We were both pretty drunk, and usually that means no big O for my girlfriend, but she was exploding, which lead to a nice O for me soon after.

Disappointing things:
- Would be nice if the pool area was bigger and could accommodate when the resort is at high occupancy
- Would be even nicer if the pool chairs weren't all reserved by 8am. We got there Sunday morning and not a single chair was being used but were were told there was no availability - guess that keeps people buying memberships!

We'll definitely be back. It was an incredible experience.
Houston_Hammah
Desire Fan

Postby miranda » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:28 pm

Finally - a trip report! We were going through Desire Withdrawals! Thanks for posting and glad you had a great time!

Too bad about the pool chair situation. We thought this had been rectified. Not sure if "membership" has anything to do with it - greasing palms, maybe?

How was the temperature of the pool water?
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby Houston_Hammah » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:36 pm

miranda wrote:Finally - a trip report! We were going through Desire Withdrawals! Thanks for posting and glad you had a great time!

Too bad about the pool chair situation. We thought this had been rectified. Not sure if "membership" has anything to do with it - greasing palms, maybe?

How was the temperature of the pool water?

We didn't go into the pool due to getting there in the afternoon Saturday (just hit the pool area for a couple hours and headed back to the room to get rested up for nighttime activities) and being at the beach Sunday.
Houston_Hammah
Desire Fan

Postby DoubleTrouble » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:09 am

We just got back from our 5th trip to Desire (Oct 23-30) and are working on a trip report...but to answer a few questions posed from the other trip report.....

Pool water temp was PERFECT!!! Ocean water was PERFECT too, by the way!

Pool chair situation- I do beleive they DO have this rectified. Actually I was the biggest whiner :cry: when they first came out with this policy and was very skeptical as to how all this was going to work. Yes, by 8 am they were all reserved.....you DID have to get up by 7-730 (latest) to get your name on the list to reserve. By 8 am they WERE all reserved. Empty yes, because people were at breakfast, etc.......but they were definitly filled immediately after breakfast and by 10 am.

I was impressed that as guest left, the pool area, they actually went up to the pool chair guy and told them they were leaving (very considerate ) so there was no question as to wether or not they were coming back. Which freed up chairs much quicker. The staff even made it a point to go over to couples that werent pleased with their original placemnet by the pool and offered to move them to other chairs as chairs opened up. Nice touch! But why would you expect anything less at DESIRE!!

There were even a few days where the staff was moving chairs from the beach up to the pool area for guests that were looking for a place by the pool.

All in all, I would say that they have done a good job in managing the pool chair situation and have gone above and beyond to make it as unimposing as you possibly can.

By the way- occupancy was near or at capacity, from what I understand, while we were there.
DoubleTrouble
Desire Fan

Postby miranda » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:36 am

That's a big job monitoring the pool chairs like that! And you're right, we wouldn't expect anything less from the Desire Resort. The staff there are phenomenal.

Thanks for the info on the pool temp (it was very cold last year!) We're looking forward to spending some time in it this year! Can't wait. 8)
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby Houston_Hammah » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:07 pm

Ahhhhh...wish they told about the pool reservation starting at 7am when you check in. That would have been useful info.
Houston_Hammah
Desire Fan

Postby landedesire » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:22 pm

We totally agree that the pool guy, we love him btw, should ask the guests to come up to the desk if they know that they will not be back that day. We saw so many times that chairs/loungers stayed empty for hours and hours. We feel that there is enough for everyone between the beach beds and the pool but that maybe some don't want to give up their chairs incase they decide to come back. If we could all just take turns, lol :lol:
landedesire
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby miranda » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:11 pm

We're just wondering who the heck gets up at 7-7:30 a.m. to reserve a chair?

Didn't a lot of them just call it quits and hit the hay? What with all the party-ing and carrying-on - it's no wonder the chairs stay empty for so long.

We don't party til the wee hours but even WE don't get up at 7 - not even to reserve a chair. Just seems ridiculous to us. We're on vacation!

This reservation system just doesn't pass the smell test.
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby allovatan » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:51 am

We are up at 7AM pretty much every day - just our natural alarm clock and we have learned its pointless to fight it. Besides, we want to enjoy every possible minute we are there - we'd rather catch up on our sleep on our return flight!!
allovatan
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA

Postby bryanandjo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:26 pm

We were there in August and would most times go to the pool and all of the chairs were taken. It wasn't a big deal for us since it is usually way to hot to sit in a chair anyway.

We would get to the pool about 10 or 11 eat lunch around 12 or 1 hang out mingling in the water and drinking for a few hours.

The jacuzzi is happening at around 4 pm so the pool thins out around then anyway.

Worst case if you get tired of standing in the water you can sit on a pool float.

For us it was never an issue not having a chair. I guess because we never sit in them anyway. Plus, I am not a work and I am surrounded by naked women who are drinking. Who has time to stress over a chair with that atmosphere??
bryanandjo
Desire Convert

Postby miranda » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:16 pm

Yours sounds like a great schedule to be on, bryanandjo. Sounds much like us. We aren't pool people anyway so the chair situation really won't be an issue for us. We would rather be at the beach and you're right - we aren't at work, and we get to chat with some of the friendliest, sexiest, naked, (or not) women AND MEN! on the planet.

We have never had a problem getting a chair at the pool when we have ever wanted one.
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby bandits4747 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:38 pm

We were also impressed by the way the pool chairs were handled. Got there about 8:15 one morning, and they were almost all "full". We were assigned 2 off in a corner near the beach. A while later, I came back, and my wife had 2 prime chairs by the pool. She told me that the pool guy came over and asked her if she wanted a better spot (she hadn't complained about what we had). Very nice touch!
bandits4747
Desire Convert

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya