Our first trip was July.. Headed back in March

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Our first trip was July.. Headed back in March

Postby cple_bythebay » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:02 pm

Well, we weren't sure exactly what to expect for our first trip to Desire and afterwards, it was the greatest vacation my wife of 16 years and I have ever experienced.

I am going to try and give you a play by play of our entire experience... Here goes:

We arrived on a Tuesday and a storm was setting in. Everyone was huddled up beneath the front bar by the lobby. Having a bladder like a chipmunk, after a few beers, I had to pee BAD!!!! (Up at the front bar, everyone was dressed.) It was pouring and I didn't wanna get soaked so my lovely wife coaxed me into removing my shorts and running through the rain, across the courtyard to the restroom. "No one will see you" (She said.) I took two steps out from under that palapa and she began to holler and wolf whistle as did all of the other women. I was totally busted.

That night, the storm got worse. Our room was directly beneath the jacuzzi bar on the second floor, over looking the pool. The next morning, my wife stepped out of the bed into about 2" of water. The rain had been blowing beneath the balcony door all night. We got that cleaned up, showered and headed to breakfast. The food was absolutely as awesome as the service. After breakfast (everyday), we would reserve our loungers by the pool. For the remainder of the day, we laid by the pool and participated in games.

(Okay, this is turning out to be longer than I imagined, I am going to start summarizing now).

Our experience at the jacuzzi was awesome everytime. There were BJ contests and Taco eating contests as well as conga lines. People were very friendly. We went to the disco one night and slipped into the playroom. We were the only ones there at the time but within a little bit, there were six other couples surrounding us. Nice experience. One night after dinner, we decided to go down to the beach and lay on one of the beds. It wasn't long before we started having sex. After we finished, we slipped off to sleep only to be woke up by a slow cold rain. It was very romantic. We grabbed our clothes and went back to our room.

Back to the wait staff, they make it a point to get to know the guests. I held off on tipping them until our third day and they still made us feel like the most important guests at the resort. On that third day, I took a handful of $20 bills and let them know how much we appreciated them.

It was an awesome experience and we can not wait to return! Like I said, BEST VACATION SHE AND I HAVE EVER HAD!!!
cple_bythebay

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya