Oct 30- Nov 6 2010

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Oct 30- Nov 6 2010

Postby Headstone » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:13 pm

So now that we have finally settled back in to our daily routine I can finally sit down and recount our stay:

I booked this trip for my wife and myself way back in May of this year (through expedia) and is was a long time in coming and so the nerves and excitement barely left us with any sleep the night before. All of our travel was uneventful and in fact we had a perfect touch down in Houston. Did not feel either set of wheels hit the tarmac. The Cancun airport was really quiet for our late afternoon arrival and there were only 2 people ahead of us at customs. A few quick questions and we were through to security were again no problems. And a green light :) . From there we stopped by the taxi stand and booked our rides. A shuttle to and prebooked taxi coming back. No issues here either. Then the 100 yard dash to the exit.

When we finally arrived at Desire were were on pins and needles. Not fully knowing what to expect but ready to get in and get naked none the less. My wife was very quick to finish her glass of champagne :wink: . Once the wrist straps were on we were led to our room which was just what I had asked for. Second floor king. We were assigned room 1212 which as it turns out was what I thougth the perfect room Half the way between the disco and hot tub, mid point for pool and beach bed reservations and the proximity to the lobby bar for early morning cappucinos was great. Now for any one who thinks it may be too noisy that close to the disco we heard almost no noise.

Once we got to our rooms we quickly changed to just shorts and tshirts to do a quick run around the resort. We got no further than the pool when we were stopped and rightly identified as noobies by a fine man from Toronto. It was here we realized how close we were to the hot tub and judging how empty the pool was we knew where everyone was. 2 minutes later we were naked and soaking with a drink in hand :).

Almost instanly we found out how friendly every one is, with hellos and general conversation as soon as we sat down. About 10 minutes later we met scorpiocouple from here on the forum. He had recognized my picture from the yahoo group. They were a wonderful couple and we became fast friend and were together the rest of our trips.

From our first night we had dinner with them and a few other couples every night. All the food was awesome. Most nights we were at the buffet but as they change the menu each night this was no problem at all and you never tired of the food. We did get to eat at both the hibachi table in Suki and one night at Il Piacere. I cannot complain of either and was full the whole trip. Even the lunch buffet was of great standards.

Now on to the fun stuff. We did our best to become involved in as many theme nights as we could other than leather night the day we arrived (we dont have outfits yet) but still tried to do what we could. After that we dressed (or at least the wife did) for all the evenings. All I can say is WOW. Most of the women looked :shock: :wink: . I most certainly have to get a few things for my next trip. Maybe more stripper style clothes so I can win the Chippendales contest the next time. Ahh but it was all in fun. The wife also was a contestent in the booty shake :D .

Halloween night though was a blast. 50% of guests (resort was sold out) had some form of costume and most were great especially the couple that dressed up in Watchman outfits (big blue guy and he did the full nude body paint and his black and yellow dress gf). My Egyptian pharoah had no chance LOL (note to self next time show MORE STAFF :wink: )

Disco was a great time as well. Most nights stayed full for a good couple of hours with some good beats ad for the most part not too repetative over the week. If only the kids knew how we really danced :oops: . From there each night it was back to the hot tub for a good "relaxing soak".

For the daytime I was never up quite early enough (8 am for me) to reserve a pool chair with the resort at full capacity so I usually wandered over to the lobby bar to order my Baileys cappucinos and then walked over to the beach to reserve a bed for the day. I never had any problems getting one.

Things we did/saw for our week:
Had a red flag day in the ocean due to a crocodile deciding to take a swim
Won the dirty minds contest :)
Quick day trip to Puerto Morelos
Followed a fellow posters suggestion of a steam after the beach. That was great until we were asked to leave due to excessive noise (thanks B+S :twisted: )

Just a shout out to all the great couples we met. D+R, D+K, H+K, B+S, B+B, D+E P+C J+T and the list goes on.

The whole week is like a blur as it flew by too quickly and we wish we had more time but I guess that is what next year is for.

I know that my wife will want to add more later but that is it for me now.

B+C
TTR May 28-June 4 2022
DRM June 4-June 11 2022

DRM Oct22-29 2022
TTR Oct29-Nvv 4 2022
Headstone
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Jun 2022

Postby DoubleTrouble » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:01 am

Great Trip Report! Glad you had a great time! Knew you would! :lol:
DoubleTrouble
Desire Fan

Postby LaVieEnRose » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:32 pm

I have never met such unjudgemental people in my life. I was worried ,but upon our arrival we didn't get 10 feet from our room before we were directed to the hot tub. Once we got to the hot tub I was very self conscience about seeing all the nudies in the tub and joining them but my hubby says "what the hell ,lets go" we drop our robes and walk over to the bar. we immediately met the nicest couple and had dinner with them and became good fast friends. It felt like the entire resort was old friends. I think it took 15 minutes before I completely, well just about, let go and relaxed. In fact after a few days we were so relaxed we took Jessicas " instructional" classes in the disco. Now that is something you don't see every day!
LaVieEnRose

Postby LaVieEnRose » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:34 pm

Hi DoubleTrouble

We have never had a time like that before and can't wait to go back!!
LaVieEnRose

Postby Headstone » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:17 am

Yes how could I forget Jessica's classes. Now that was something really different :D
Too bad that we missed class 3 about putting things all together :(

I also forgot to mention the great service and friendly staff at Desire. Afrika never let me down. I always had a full drink in hand. We loved her specialty the Conga mmmmm.

And what can you say about Diana, Daniela and Vanessa. The entertainment staff is just awesome, super friendly and got to know your names.

Time to go back...

ps Doubletrouble are you J+T?
TTR May 28-June 4 2022
DRM June 4-June 11 2022

DRM Oct22-29 2022
TTR Oct29-Nvv 4 2022
Headstone
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Jun 2022

Postby DoubleTrouble » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:53 am

Headstone-
Nope not J and T (and I am trying to figure out who that is! LOL
We are L and G. or as referred to during week 43 - CL and G2
not to be confused with T and G1......does that help? LOL :?
DoubleTrouble
Desire Fan

Postby shysdcouple » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:24 pm

L, you may have not met headstone as we all left on the day they arrived unfortunately.

T
shysdcouple
Desire Convert

Postby Kari_and_Sid » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:28 am

Great Trip report!! "Oh the memories" :)
Kari_and_Sid

Postby slyones » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:38 pm

We were there Halloween weekend, great people, good times, good weather. Would like to see some pictures from Halloween night, we did not have a camera to get some pics of some of the costumes. Thanks for the trip report Headstone
slyones

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya