Another week 43 trip report

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Another week 43 trip report

Postby shysdcouple » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:35 pm

Well, here we are, back in the real world. I know… sometimes it just doesn’t seem fair. Especially when you live where it SNOWS…
We’ve never written a trip report before, but after this trip, there are some things that need to be said. First off, let us say that we had an awesome time. It was our third trip and it was our best trip.

[Her] I want everyone to know how very kind and helpful you ALL were in consideration of my MS. There were hands and shoulders for guidance everywhere I went. This was the most healthy I have felt on any of the trips we have been on in the last 5 years. There is something to say for knowing what is wrong rather than wondering.
And a HUGE thanks to Valentina for being on top of the situation with my forgotten medications…She saved what could have been a disaster of a week for me with her quick thinking and willingness to "go the extra 1000 miles" to make sure I was good to go.

Our trip started on the Oct 23rd. We boarded our plane around 6:00am and it took off on time. Once we were in the air, B realized that she had forgotten her meds sitting on the counter in the kitchen. We didn't know what we were going to do. We had a couple of hours to think before we landed in Atlanta. Some of the thoughts going through my head are:
• Maybe we can change flights in Atlanta so we have time to call her doctor, get a prescription and have it filled there.
• Turn around and go back… maybe catch another flight?? (That one’s funny… another flight from Bum F#$%, SD??)
• I remembered that K and D wouldn’t be getting to the resort until Tuesday, so maybe we could have someone overnight her meds to them and they could bring them to the resort.
• Not on the subject, but "Ha, look at all these other people on our plane probably going on regular vacations."

Well, we decided we would at least wait to make any decisions when we arrived in Atlanta and met G1 there. He would know what to do. He's got Karma with doctor stuff.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but I should have just called J and K while we were in Atlanta, J would have probably had her meds sitting in our room when we arrived, you are the vacation Wizard J. Anyway, we decided to wait to get to Desire and figure something out from there. Long story short, we were too late to get her meds to K and D before they left on Tuesday. I worked with Valentina at the resort and she got everything we needed from the resorts designated doctor. He even did the shopping and brought it to us. It cost us a little bit of money, but it was well worth it to save our vacation. We arrived at the resort about 2:00pm and everything was taken care of by about 5:00pm. Valentina rocks.

That’s it, stress is over, on with our vacation. Hot tub, Pool, Beach Volleyball, Water Volleyball, Lunch, Dinner, Disco, Lobby Bar, Beach, Staff, Friends (old and new), Everything…. It was all great.

On Sunday, we had a week 43 welcome party. This was going to be in the gazebo oceanside and Valentina and her staff had everything setup for us out there, yet were prepared for a move. L & G2 and T & G1 were the party hosts for this event as B and I were hosting the Gift Exchange. I think L said it best:

“It takes three couples to do the job that J and K do by themselvesâ€
shysdcouple
Desire Convert

Postby tannaked » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:18 am

Great trip report - thanks for sharing. Another fine example of Desire staff going above and beyond for the guests.

Ritch
Couples T I 6 trips
C R C 7 trips
Hidden Beach 1 trip
Desire Riviera Maya 38 trips
still in love
tannaked
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 28 Oct 2020

Postby DoubleTrouble » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:02 am

Great Trip Report B and T!!! Loved the interjections in red from B!!
Love you guys!
DoubleTrouble
Desire Fan

4th 'WEEK43' GROUP

Postby DesireWeek43 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:41 pm

Hello Guys

Great report B and T and thanks again for hosting our gift exchange party this year for us. Our thanks as well to all those at the resort for all their help making it a great week for all. We have always said, the staff make the resort! This is why we will be back year after year with our group 'Week43'

Congrats to those couples that won our free nights :).

Looking forward to doing it all over again next October 15th OR 23rd for the 5th 'Week43' group. Once we have the date and booking info, we will post it on our site.

Anyway, thanks again to the 40 couples in the group. We hope everyone had a great time and will consider joining us again next year.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Have You Been 43'd Yet?
Apr/October
KIK ID: DRMApril17
DesireWeek43
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 0- 4-2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Apr. 2021

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya