Just got back!!

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Just got back!!

Postby Kari_and_Sid » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:55 am

Hi Everyone!!

We flew back into Atlanta on Monday evening and wanted to give a quick trip report!! The Cancun airport is improving every time we visit! It was very easy to get through customs and arrive at the resort. It was less than 45 minutes from the time we stepped off of the plane until we stepped into the lobby at the resort! We have traveled between Desire and Hedo III for the past few years and every time we come back to Desire, we wonder why we have even gone back to Jamaica. *III isn't even an option anymore anyway* Desire from now on!!

This was the best group of vacationers we have ever met!! (now we call friends.) The staff is remarkable and make you feel like the Queen/King of England. We were there Sept '09 and since then there have been several changes....The disco has been completely redone! It is amazing to say the least! Our very favorite bartender in the entire world is now working up there~Carlos, which made it even better!! The DJ's there were great as well. On previous visits, we didn't visit the disco much due to the music....everyone has their favorite type of music, but for some reason it suited me wonderfully this visit!! There was such a variety and not just Techno *not my fav* It was so much fun that I am still sore from all the dancing!!! The playroom looked amazing, but not our thing or place to play...it WAS fully utilized though :lol:

The food is always wonderful at Desire!! We went to the Hibachi twice and Juan was incredible preparing our feast! Breakfast in the morning is great with Matilda at the grill preparing all of your favorites and Leonardo (Leo) our favorite waiter ever pampering us daily!! If you find a waiter that you love, ask for him daily....they remember all of your little requests!

The girls at the pool (We love you)....the entertainment was so much better than our last 5 visits and we had so much fun participating in all the activities!! *We did NOT participate in chips in the bucket* LOLOL You'll understand when you watch!! LOL You girls are wonderful!! xoxo

Sylvia, Condido, Africa at the pool and beach were wonderful servers too!! We could go on and on and I am sure are missing so many people~We had the best time and made some wonderful friends!! We so look forward to meeting up with you again in May!

We had Jeff and Terri (personal trainers) there for the week, and they were great at keeping us in shape during our stay and genuinely interested in discussing health with anybody that wished to talk! We can't wait to visit again when you guys are there~Make sure you post your schedule so we know!! I could write so much more, but don't want to bore anybody!! Thanks to everyone at Desire -Louis and Gustavo, you are the best!! B & B....couldn't have gone without you!! Hugs and kisses to all and let's keep in touch!!

Kari and Sid
XOXO
Kari_and_Sid

Postby miranda » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:23 am

Thanks for the trip report - and you weren't boring anyone! :lol:

Good to hear about the disco music. Will have to check it out. And I am looking forward to meeting Jeff and Terri.

Only two more weeks for us! Thanks again.
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby tout.prest » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:51 pm

Great report Guys. Thx for taking the time to write it.

That "chips in the bucket" is pretty disturbing to watch eh? LOL . Similar to watching a train wreck though, where you just can't seem to look away no matter how much you want to ...

Cheers

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Re: Just got back!!

Postby Headstone » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:23 am

Kari_and_Sid wrote:Hi Everyone!!

The girls at the pool (We love you)....the entertainment was so much better than our last 5 visits and we had so much fun participating in all the activities!! *We did NOT participate in chips in the bucket* LOLOL You'll understand when you watch!! LOL You girls are wonderful!! xoxo

Kari and Sid
XOXO

We did not either and I am glad I did not see it after hearing who the winner was LOFL. Even to think about it :shock:
TTR May 28-June 4 2022
DRM June 4-June 11 2022

DRM Oct22-29 2022
TTR Oct29-Nvv 4 2022
Headstone
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jun 2022

Postby Kari_and_Sid » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:27 am

Headstone....who are you guys? These initials are killing me!!! LOLOL
Kari_and_Sid

Postby BriCin » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:47 am

Great trip report, it was a first time at Desire for us.
It was great meeting you two. We will be back in May with the Knots.

Brian and Cindy
BriCin
Desire Convert

Postby Headstone » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:34 am

I was the Egyptian for Halloween and was one of the contestants for the chippendales. My wife was entered in the booty shake contest. :)

We are also in the November Yahoo group under the name furureman
TTR May 28-June 4 2022
DRM June 4-June 11 2022

DRM Oct22-29 2022
TTR Oct29-Nvv 4 2022
Headstone
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jun 2022

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya