Trip #2: Nov. 8-14

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Trip #2: Nov. 8-14

Postby Piqued » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:05 pm

We just returned from another amazing week at Desire. Our first trip was exactly a year ago, so I figured I'd share some of the main differences that stuck out to us:

1) The new disco is AMAZING. Yes, the climate control needs some work (way too cold when you first walk in, and way too hot when it's packed), but the decor is much improved, and the new playroom is tremendous. The swing is a little too low, which makes it difficult to manage, but the new elevated beds are a nice addition.

2) The heated pool is a BIG plus. The water was a little too cold most days last year, but it was just about perfect this year.

3) The beach is now non-existent. It wasn't much last year (shortly after the hurricane hit), but it's eroded even more over the past year. I can only imagine what it'll look like in another year.

4) We were able to get a decent beach bed or pool chair at any time of day this year, and the resort was at full capacity. I'm not sure how they solved that problem, but it was a pleasant change from our first trip.

5) They've added a new tableside grill to the Tepanyaki place, and if you go early enough (6:30-7:00ish), you can easily sit at the bar and get a really great meal.

6) The music in the disco is a bit better than last year. Although, if I had to hear that Kid Rock song one more time...

I envy those of you whose trips have not yet begun. We had an absolutely incredible week.

I'll leave you with one story. On our very last night at Desire, the wife and I were dancing in the disco when I realized that we had yet to play in the playroom. So we headed in for what we thought would be a "quickie." We ended up staying in the room far longer than we had planned, and were the last to leave. (Poor Carlos was outside putting the chairs on the bar, evidently waiting for us.) I gathered my belongings, and began to get dressed, when I noticed that the only pair of pants left in the playroom weren't mine!

Somebody was walking around the resort wearing my pants, with my money in one pocket and my room key in the other!

At this point, it was around 4:00am, and we had to get up early the next morning to leave for the airport. Needless to say, the wife wasn't happy with me for dragging her into the room, and then keeping her there for so long.

Anyway...I had to go to the front desk -- in my underwear -- to get a new room key. I found a key in the pocket of the other guy's pants, so I handed it to them and asked if they could give me the room number. But they claimed it had been de-magnetized, so I simply began the "Walk of Shame" in my underwear past a bar full of people to our room.

The next morning I went back to the front desk to see if anyone had dropped off my pants, and for some reason they were now willing to share with me the room number of the people who had my pants. So, I knocked on their door at around 7:30am. A woman came to the door, looking like death, and I said, "I'm SO sorry to wake you up so early...but do you have my pants?"

"Ah, yes...the mystery pants," she croaked. We then exchanged pants and went on our way.

Only at Desire!
Piqued
Desire Fan

Postby Headstone » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:06 am

I know the feeling about missing key cards lol. We lost one of ours and had to have a new one made. A day later a couple we had met had a problem with their key (wouldnt work) and went to have it checked. Guess whose key it turned out to be lofl
TTR May 28-June 4 2022
DRM June 4-June 11 2022

DRM Oct22-29 2022
TTR Oct29-Nvv 4 2022
Headstone
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Jun 2022

Postby oldseadog » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:30 pm

About the beach, or lack of it, I seem to remember something recently about putting in beach protection a bit like at HBR and then importing sand.
Anything happening about that yet?
oldseadog
Desire Addict

We are from: UK

Postby Piqued » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:57 pm

I didn't see any work being done on the beach, other than the usual raking, etc..
Piqued
Desire Fan

Postby TnG » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:02 pm

You actually had underwear on?? :P At Desire? :o
TnG
Desire Convert

Postby miranda » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:22 pm

TnG wrote:You actually had underwear on?? :P At Desire? :o

That's exactly what I was thinking! :wink:
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby chrisandgeorgia » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:27 pm

Piqued,

Did not realize that was you. It was nice to meet you both. PM me if you wish. All was okay leaving the disco that one night.

Chris
chrisandgeorgia
Desire Convert

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya