Trip Report 12/12 to 12/19

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Trip Report 12/12 to 12/19

Postby softplayfriends » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:34 pm

TRIP REPORT: 12/12-12/19

Well, it is about time to write one of these things, if only as a payback for the many, many trip reports we have read over the past 6 months as we prepared for our very first Desire experience. So...here goes:

First of all, perhaps a little background. We are in our early 60's, married 44 years. Prior to this year, our only "clothing optional" experience was a one hour swim and stroll along the beach at "Little Beach" on the island of Maui in Hawaii. That was about 10 years ago. So what happened this year? Well, we both seem to have had an amazing revelation at about the same time: We are getting older and LIFE IS SHORT!! It is time to stretch our wings a little bit, time to try new things, time to grab onto life, and wring out of it everything we can, while we are still strong and healthy! And so we booked our week at Desire to celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary.
And what a week it was!!

On 12/12 we arrived at the resort at about 4:30 PM...and sat down with champagne in hand to pick a room. We had pre-registered, and while we did not get the exact room we wanted, we were given several to choose from, and we got one very close to the one we had wanted, and it turned out to be perfect! And here we had our first experience with how wonderful the service is at Desire, and how much they try to make your stay special. Months before this (without my spouses knowledge) I had arranged for the resort to deliver to our room a flower arrangement of 44 long stemmed red roses. Since I knew we would not have a room assigned until we got there, I set up for them to be delivered on the evening of 12/12 or on 12/13 (which seemed the more likely delivery date). After we chose the room we wanted, finished the registration, and got our ankle bands attached, we walked up immediately to the room. When I opened the door and my wife stepped in....there they were--already delivered!! There could not have been more than ten minutes from the time we picked the room to the time I opened that door! No one said a word to me or her about all this...I had actually forgotten all about the flowers, and I had not spoken to anyone at Desire about them for a week, at least.
And that turned out to be typical of the service we received from everyone on staff, for the entire week. As one lovely case in point---Valentina, the Guest Services Director, was just amazingly helpful, gracious, and hospitable...what a joy to work with!

We quickly got into our robes and headed for the hot tub...and within minutes had introduced ourselves to a couple whom we recognized from the December Yahoo Group. Note to any newbies: be SURE to sign up for the appropriate monthly Desire Yahoo group, and post a picture. You will be amazed at how easy that will make it to establish new friendships quickly. Over the course of the next week we had several couples come up to us to introduce themselves by saying "Hi...you're C and P, right?". We also did the same for couples we recognized.

The theme in the disco that first night was "Naughty School Girls". Wow! What a fun theme! P had decided months before that if we were going to Desire, she was going to participate in the theme nights, and did she ever!! They had a "best school girl costume" competition, with six or seven contestants, and there she was, "competing" with many very lovely young ladies...ALL of whom were quite a bit younger than our own daughter! She won third place!
Who says sextagenarians* are too old to have fun?!
(*a person between the ages of 60 and 69)
We had such a good time that first evening...and ended the night together enjoying each other in the playroom, lovemaking all around us.

That first day was representative of our entire week...full of relaxing days around the pool, and walks along the beach, good conversations with so many lovely couples, and lots of fun and laughter in the hot tub. Evenings filled with good food, great entertainment, and a disco scene and playroom just throbbing with the sights and sounds of couples enjoying life and each other.

We experienced absolutely NO pressure by anyone to participate in anything we were not comfortable with, and had lots of fun conversations with couples across the whole spectrum of the clothing optional scene...from nudists to soft swing couples to full lifestylers. We were also some of the oldest people at Desire when we were there...but found everyone friendly and accepting.

Like so many others we read about on this forum, we were already talking about when we might make our next trip to Desire before we even boarded the plane to go home. We will be back!

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
softplayfriends
Desire Convert

Postby miranda » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:14 pm

Great trip report. Thanks so much for taking the time to write it.
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby Sharon and David » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:00 pm

So heart felt! Loved your report. Thank you. We have been there four times and can not wait to go back again. (we are working on the dates) We would be so happy to find you there at the same time. Life is a wonderful ride. :)
Sharon and David
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA

Postby Powderfinger » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:08 am

Great to finally see another trip report, thanks!

Oh, perfect line:

"Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

C & P Trip Report ..

Postby theLUSTs » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:29 pm

Hello and thanks for the nice... no....wonderful report!

My wife and I truly love the resort and never want to quit going!
We especially enjoyed the fact that in your 60s, you had a great time. I'm not far off being in my 60s with a younger wife (in her mid 40s) and my wife keeps bugging me that my time might be coming up that I may not feel comfortable there anymore!

I'll enjoy showing your review to her!

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
theLUSTs
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 01 Feb 2018

Great to meet you

Postby Luv4life » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:41 pm

C & P,

It was a pleasure meeting both of you and glad you had as good of a time as we did. Hopefully our paths will cross again on future trips to Desire!

Your cruise buddies,

J and L
Luv4life
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 14 Dec 2014

Postby Sharon and David » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:57 pm

Our hope after finding Desire only 4years ago, and being in our mid 50,s is that there are enough of us that we will keep on going till we can't! No one is getting younger but we are all enjoying life. And for us at least we are not going to let a few things like wrinkles run our lives. We have been 4 times and hope to make it at least 20 more.
Sharon and David
Desire Superstar

Postby softplayfriends » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:44 pm

Well said, Sharon and David!

"I'd rather have a moment of excitement than a lifetime of nothing special"
softplayfriends
Desire Convert

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya