Wife: I didn't want to like it, now I cant wait to go back!

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Wife: I didn't want to like it, now I cant wait to go back!

Postby sixmonkeyes » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:18 pm

Trip Report - December 27-30, 2010

Background: We are 40 years old and married. My wife and I are not swingers. We had never been to a lifestyle resort. We had never been to a clothing optional resort. In fact, the closest thing to this trip was when once, on a secluded Caribbean beach, with nobody looking, my wife took off her top and spent a nervous 10 minutes looking around to see if anybody was looking. Obviously, I was the one who wanted to try Desire. To her credit my wife was supportive and open-minded and calmed by the idea that nobody would know us there and if it got too uncomfortable we could hide in the room. Believing that it was a resort for perverts and dirty old men, she reluctantly agreed to a very short 3-night “let’s just see if we like it” trip. With only three nights to enjoy we resolved that we would go all out and sleep when we got home. Our goal was to come back exhausted and we did!

Like no vacation before we spent hours pouring over all of the reviews of Desire and now feeling like we need to pay it forward, and in thanks to all the people who have provided information on this forum that convinced us to take a chance on Desire we offer this account:

First, almost everything you read on this forum is absolutely accurate and we don’t need to repeat. The service is spectacular. The grounds are lush and well kept. The resort is very secluded but safe. The rooms are simple but clean (we didn’t spend that much time in them anyway) although, as often reported, in need of a little more storage room and a little more light. The bed was very firm and comfortable and while the toilet ran all night long we were too exhausted to get up and jiggle the handle, so we let it run. The food is good but not amazing as others have completely and accurately described.
Our schedule was not typical, but we describe it here to show some of the great things that can go into a full day at Desire:

5:30 Can’t sleep. Too excited about the upcoming day and still buzzing from last night.
6:00 Walk the resort. It’s very quiet but the bartender who makes our morning cappuccinos says that in the busiest seasons there would still be people at the lobby bar finishing their drinks before the sun rises.
6:30 Sunrise. You can watch the sun come up over the ocean from one of the swinging beach beds. It was a great way to start the day.
7:00 Stroll over to reserve a set of pool chairs right in the full sun. The pool had ample space and most of the wide comfortable beds have plenty of shade. Our trip is short we want the full effect. There were always 3-4 men playing the same reservation game with me at 7:00, but you could easily get a pool chair well past 9:00. I never saw anyone who couldn’t find a place at any time.
7:30 Exercise in the gym. Some free weights and nice new fitness equipment. My wife ran on the treadmill or the elliptical. Usually there were 2-3 others working off their hangovers, never busy.
8:00 Breakfast. Everything is very fresh. Not the best fruit we’ve ever had and the coffee in Mexico has a unique flavor that is not our favorite, but there are plenty of alternatives from smoothies and juices to mimosas and Bloody Marys. It’s traditional and safe with a few local Mexican dishes for authenticity.
9:00 Back to the room to shower and put on our bathing suits (they won’t be on for long).
9:30 Out to the pool to enjoy the sun. Now, at this point we should be clear that the description oft repeated about the no-pressure environment to get naked is absolutely accurate. What happens is that you just feel like everybody else is naked so you might as well just join in. There are a full range of body types and ages present and all are so uninhibited that you really can’t stand out no matter how you look. So we lay out. After 10 minutes my wife’s top comes off. Then 10 minutes later, my suit. After about an hour we were both totally naked, although a little self conscious. It gets easier, and by the end of the trip you’re discussing your intimate body parts with strangers. It shocked us how understanding and supportive people were about how fast or slow (if at all) you choose to take your clothes off. What becomes obvious fast is that in the end everybody is there for the same reason; a fun vacation.
11:00 Beach Volleyball. It was a great way to meet new people in a casual fun activity.
12:30 Lunch. While tasty and fresh, if we had spent more than 3 days here the limited lunch selection would have gotten old. Burgers, chicken, and ice cream are good stand-bys but not exactly exotic. However sitting next to the pool in the shade sipping beer and watching the “Desire Time” games never gets old.
2:00 Work on our tan and fruitlessly try to take a nap in the sun. Who can sleep when there is that kind of scenery to watch? This resort is a people watcher’s dream. I’d enjoy a cigar and we would have a few cocktails which were available from the bar or from the very attentive pool service staff. Here let me make a comment about our tipping experience. I was fully prepared to tip as I understood I would need to do in order to receive good service. This assertion is all wrong. The staff here was fantastic whether tipped or not. I could tell no difference. They seem to be very proud of their position with this unique resort. I never once had that awkward moment with someone’s hand out after he moved our bags or heard a bartender complaining about his pay scale. Just the opposite, I occasionally had to chase down a speedy server to slip a few dollars into his hand. While nobody ever refused a tip from me, I can confidently say that tipping is unnecessary at Desire. This IS an all inclusive experience and the service is superb.
4:00 It’s time for the Jacuzzi. Everything you’ve read about this scene is true (and then some). It ranges from polite conversation over casual (although naked) glasses of wine to girl-on-girl body shots on top of the bar. Before we came my wife swore she would absolutely not get into that tub, but the atmosphere is so fun and the people are so genuine and supportive that we were rubbing shoulders with everybody else in the water on the first afternoon. It was here that I could feel my wife’s resistance melt as she realized that these are just fun people on vacation looking for something they can’t do at home, nothing more sinister than that. Here you learn there that most of the guests aren’t swingers. They, like us, just enjoy the sexually charged atmosphere. Oh, and you learn that implants are definitely the norm. Having never had any plastic surgery we were definitely in the small minority; incidentally, that’s another point about which nobody really cares.
6:00 Back to the room for a nap (or other bedroom activities). Let’s be honest, with all the booze and sexy bodies at the Jacuzzi; let’s call it a “Fiesta then Siesta” session.
8:00 Dinner. Food is described in great detail on other reports all very accurately. It is good and the service is spectacular but hardly the fanciest meals we have ever eaten. One noteworthy point is that nobody eats before 8:00 if you do the meal is a little creepy as you are the only ones in the restaurant.
9:30 Lobby Bar. Every evening I enjoyed a cigar and a cocktail as we listened to the bands or watched the entertainment (dancing, style show, etc.) but this is where the real entertainment started… watching the other guests! These people go all out. Some of them brought whole suitcases full of sexy evening wear and it shows! We definitely felt way overdressed. Many of these outfits we had only seen in magazines. We didn’t know real people actually wore them! It was awesome entertainment.
10:30 The Disco. It’s everything you can imagine. The music is thumping and the partially clothed people on the dance floor are too. Now here, let me explain that when we came to Desire we heard that we MIGHT see some sex in a few discreet areas but let me tell you that the only way you wouldn’t see sex at Desire is if you went to bed at 10:00 every night because it was everywhere. On the dance floor, around the Jacuzzi, on the beds in the disco, in the playroom, even at the lobby bar! It’s spectacular! My wife’s’ eyes were ready to pop out of her head. If you like sex at all (and who doesn’t) you couldn’t possibly avoid vibrating with the energy. Never were we propositioned. People can tell by your body language that you are only into each other but of course if you were into that it’s completely available.
12:30 Back to the Jacuzzi. After the disco quiets many people go back to the Jacuzzi to swim and to play. The beds were in regular use by couples and groups. The pool was active with erotic conversation.
2:00 Stop by the Lobby Bar for a slice of pizza and one more drink. There are still many people here very alive awake and active.
2:30 Stumble back into bed exhausted. Sleep.
5:30 Can’t sleep. Too excited about the upcoming day and still buzzing from last night…REPEAT!

After talking about our trip on the airplane ride home, we were so keyed up we had to stop the car on the way home from the airport to have a quickie. For 3 days after we got home it was all my wife could think about. If you are on the fence, get off! It’s amazing. MY WIFE booked the return trip. It’s THAT good!
Listen to our Swinger Diaries Podcast where we recount how Desire and this forum changed our lives
Find our blog at Swinger Diaries
sixmonkeyes
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 10 Nov 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie and SLS

Postby softplayfriends » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:09 pm

Thanks so much for the trip report...you had EXACTLY the same experience we had on our first trip--also last December. So when are you returning?

"Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure."
softplayfriends
Desire Convert

Postby nwright2181 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:42 pm

Pretty awesome report that I kinda...I mean REALLY...like. We have been "on the fence", but are closer and closer to jumping in the jacuzzi! :wink:
nwright2181
Desire Fan

Postby tannaked » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:27 am

Great trip report!!! Welcome to the club.

Ritch
Couples T I 6 trips
C R C 7 trips
Hidden Beach 1 trip
Desire Riviera Maya 38 trips
still in love
tannaked
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 28 Oct 2020

Postby nurse6 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:58 am

I am so excited I can't stand it!!! I've been really nervous about being naked and with the terrible self esteem I have, been very cautious to never put myself into situations where I would constantly be comparing myself (or husband comparing me) to other women. I feel alot better now. I hope I can just enjoy being me instead of thinking I need to be perfect.

Thanks for the report...I will leave mine in about 30 days!
nurse6
Desire Fan

Postby miranda » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:43 pm

We've been fortunate enough to have had 4 Desire Resort experiences and we STILL feel the way you do. We coulda written that same report!

The excitement, the apprehension, the "what if's", etc. It's all good. If we didn't feel that way, I think there would something wrong with us.

Oh, and we REALLY like the food at Desire. I dunno what it is but the food tastes sooo much better there - maybe cuz we're at Desire, we don't have to make it and we don't have to do the dishes? LOL!
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby shore128 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:01 pm

Thanks for the trip report. I really enjoyed reading it! I remember how apprehensive we were before our first trip to Desire in April 07. We can't wait for our next trip (#5) which is this June.
shore128
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 21 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby simster » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:33 pm

what did your wife say when you FIRST approached her with the idea of going????????
simster

Postby sixmonkeyes » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:26 pm

simster wrote:what did your wife say when you FIRST approached her with the idea of going????????

Great question. The way it started was we were talking one day about our ultimate fantasy vacation. She described hers (some trip to the wine county or something) and I described Desire. We sort of made a tennative agreement that if she would try mine. I'd try hers. I still owe her but we both know now it wont be as good as mine!
The most inportant part of the months leading up to the trip was the conversations in which we agreed that we would both go with the right attitude. Adventurous, open-minded and excited. My wife was true to her plan and really had a good attitude from the start. Although I have to confess that when we got in the car provided by USA Transfers (excellent service by the way. They were waiting for us with our name and quick with the private transfer as arranged), and the driver looked at his paper work and said "SO, Going to...Desire?!" and we embarrasingly said "Uh...yea?", his response was "Ooooo...Thats a very "special" resort!" and I thought my wife was going to melt into the seat with shame. As I said though, once you're there its so easy to fit in and so exciting to see all the action that she couldnt help but have a great time.
Listen to our Swinger Diaries Podcast where we recount how Desire and this forum changed our lives
Find our blog at Swinger Diaries
sixmonkeyes
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 10 Nov 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie and SLS

Postby oldseadog » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:02 am

Six,
We've all had that reponse from drivers; but they don't know you, probably will never meet you again and they don't know anyone that knows you.
So no need to be embarrased.
oldseadog
Desire Addict

We are from: UK

Postby ddawn » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:21 pm

What a coincidence, had pretty much the same conversation with the wife before we went to Hedo a couple years ago, went to Napa Valley last year for the pay back.....this year to desires and she is looking forwards to it as much as me

sixmonkeyes wrote:
simster wrote:what did your wife say when you FIRST approached her with the idea of going????????

Great question. The way it started was we were talking one day about our ultimate fantasy vacation. She described hers (some trip to the wine county or something) and I described Desire. We sort of made a tennative agreement that if she would try mine. I'd try hers. I still owe her but we both know now it wont be as good as mine!
The most inportant part of the months leading up to the trip was the conversations in which we agreed that we would both go with the right attitude. Adventurous, open-minded and excited. My wife was true to her plan and really had a good attitude from the start. Although I have to confess that when we got in the car provided by USA Transfers (excellent service by the way. They were waiting for us with our name and quick with the private transfer as arranged), and the driver looked at his paper work and said "SO, Going to...Desire?!" and we embarrasingly said "Uh...yea?", his response was "Ooooo...Thats a very "special" resort!" and I thought my wife was going to melt into the seat with shame. As I said though, once you're there its so easy to fit in and so exciting to see all the action that she couldnt help but have a great time.
ddawn
Desire Convert

CLAUSTROPHOBIC

Postby FRANCODOA » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:26 am

My wife is always hesitant at first for every trip (even though we've been to over 30 A/N or C/O destinations, but tonight she says that she is tired of being tied down and claustrophobic in clothes.......and needs a sunshine break!
Don't you thinks that's my opening for another Desire vacation?????
WHOO HOO!!
FRANCODOA
Desire Devotee

Postby nukesul » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:48 pm

This is simply the best and most useful report I have read. Thanks
nukesul
Desire Lover

Postby Luv4life » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:34 pm

Well said sixmonkeyes! When we go, I often wear a Desire shirt on the plane, or when we go into Playa Del Carmen or Puerto Morelos just to see what if any reaction folks have when they see the logo. One time when we got into a cab and told him our destination was Desire he said, oh, coohcie coochie hotel? We just laughed our asses off.
Glad you had such a great time!

Stop Thinking, Start Living!
Luv4life
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 14 Dec 2014

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya