January 21-28/2011 - some updates

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

January 21-28/2011 - some updates

Postby coolio » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:05 pm

Hello evrybody! While staying in the resort I wanted to do the day to day real time report (I thought it would be cool), but for some reason I could not post nor pm anybody - and I found out about this after writing long report about our first day!
Anyway, here it goes (hopefully I will be able to post at the end).
We arrived Friday night straight into the langerie parade and... power outage. There was no power at the resort! No AC, no lights - nothing! But nobody seemed to care, we were at the lobby lounge with candles and music (emergency generator), it was hot and humid and the beer tasted the best. Around midnight the power was back on (loud cheering) and everybody moved to the disco.
We didn't get the room I asked for in my express check-in, but it was close: instead of 1911 we got 1901, and we didn't get second floor, but again it was close - we got the first floor. :lol:
We loved the room - it was next to the bar, clean, spaceous and oferred everything we needed.
This was our first time at Desire Cancun ( we did the Cabos two years ago), so we had to find our way to everything ( the playroom at the disco we found only a minute before leaving the resort - I didn't know there was one as I assumed the beds around the dance floor was IT), but we wouldn't use it anyway - we are the nature people :lol: and like it in the open under the stars.
Everything was just great: food, weather, people. If the star grading of resort would be based on The personel at the resort - Desire would get the highest grade! It is jusr amazing how they remember you after seeing you only once! The entertainment team is amazing - Diana darling, Daniela, Wanessa, David - you guys are the best ever!!!
The EWS... I don't even know what to say about this lame game... but the show before that was very impressive Vegas style show.
There was an incident - money was stolen from our friend. He didn't lock the safe, but was found and all is good. Do not forget to close your safe, although the person that did it was fired on the spot, but you never know.
Now, to the outfits: women were at their best, guys showed up at the disco in shorts and whatever - it was a wierd mix of sofisticated women and men that looked like they just came home from gym or something, maybe that's why women played with each other on the dance floor ignoring the guys?
The ages varied from 21 to 70 and everybody were beautful (slim, overweight, tall, short)
On wednesday we went to Claudia - first time too. It was very good. Do not take the couple's massage at the resort (not good), go to Claudia instead - much, much better (I have not had 4 hands massage before), very sensual and you also pay much less.
I probably forgot lots of things to mention. The best time of the day for me was at around 3 a.m. laying down on those beds at the hot tub after busy day, great sex with a good drink, smoking and watching the stars! After that some crispy pizza.. oh my god, I want to go back!!! We probably will sooner than later.
To those that are going for the first time: do not worry about anything, just be yourself, do whatever you want - nobody will judge you, nobody will do anything to you (unless you want to). Just go and enjoy.
If anybody has any questions, please ask, otherwise I don't remember what else I wanted to share with you.

The update:

just wanted to tell you that if you would like the music they put at the pool before noon (or any other time), you can ask for a copy - I did, gave the guy $10 for 4 hours of great relaxing music.
Also wanted to add that I would recommend to dine at the International - white restaurant (can't remember the name) - try their escargo, lobster bisque and the duck - yum!!
We went to the buffet one night - didn't like it at all, the asian - we booked the cooking table and didn't enjoy it as we were large group and we were sitting in a row (up to 6 people can fit in there, so the night we went we were only 6 people) - we like the round table where you can see each other and talk.
Oh, and ladies be very carfull on the disco dance floor (the circle) - it is uneven and very slippery and I almost fell couple of times - so we just danced on the better surface besides the circle
coolio
Desire Convert

Postby tannaked » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:04 am

Great trip report, thanks for posting. Need a little Desire fix by way of these trip reports every once and a while.

Ritch
Couples T I 6 trips
C R C 7 trips
Hidden Beach 1 trip
Desire Riviera Maya 38 trips
still in love
tannaked
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 28 Oct 2020

Postby nurse6 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:47 pm

I was there at the same time! My motto for the hole trip...which I drunkenly informed all the newbies I met....HAVE THE DUCK, DONT GET FUCKED, AND WATCH OUT FOR THE RUSSIANS. hahaha!
nurse6
Desire Fan

Postby coolio » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:13 pm

nurse6 wrote:I was there at the same time! My motto for the hole trip...which I drunkenly informed all the newbies I met....HAVE THE DUCK, DONT GET FUCKED, AND WATCH OUT FOR THE RUSSIANS. hahaha!

Loooooooooool
You mean that blonde girl? Oh my god she was something else! But when she stopped drinking she was actually very nice. Those guys are all married and brought 3 girls with them (not their wives). We got to know them because they don't know a word in English (the blonde does) and since we speak russian we helped them all the time. Before they left they bought us a huge Don Julio 1942 as a thank you gift.
So who are you "nurse6"? We are that couple that on the last day won the baby bottle competition. I also did the belly dancing thingy (purple short hair) and my hubby is the big bold guy - he played water volleyball all the time.
coolio
Desire Convert

Postby nicenycpl » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:10 am

hey nurse...

how bout a trip report?
nicenycpl on Kik
nicenycpl
Desire Addict

We are from: USA

Postby nurse6 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:14 pm

Naaahhhh. ...... don't want to offend anyone.....and my trip might not be as good as everyone elses was. Will just keep it to myself. Lesson learned.
nurse6
Desire Fan

Postby CokeMann » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:07 am

nurse6 wrote:Naaahhhh. ...... don't want to offend anyone.....and my trip might not be as good as everyone elses was. Will just keep it to myself. Lesson learned.

I think everyone, especially newbies would be interested in your experiences as a Desire first timer - a trip report doesn't have to be sweet and candy coated - just your honest recollections and feelings.

Looking forward to what ever you would like to share, thx !
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:08 pm

CokeMann wrote:
nurse6 wrote:Naaahhhh. ...... don't want to offend anyone.....and my trip might not be as good as everyone elses was. Will just keep it to myself. Lesson learned.

I think everyone, especially newbies would be interested in your experiences as a Desire first timer - a trip report doesn't have to be sweet and candy coated - just your honest recollections and feelings.

Looking forward to what ever you would like to share, thx
!

Good point Coke! We have been to Desire 8 times and not every trip has been perfect. I think people should give true, unbiased trip reports...both the good and bad....so people can get a real perspective about the resort. If all people hear is the candy coated stuff, I think they expect perfection and if there are bumps in their trip the are more disappointed.

Terry
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Postby miranda » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:12 pm

nurse6 wrote:Lesson learned.

Does this mean you won't go back? What lesson did you learn?

I agree with the others. No resort and/or vacation is without 'blemish'. We truly would like to hear of your experiences. It may save others from choosing Desire over another vacation destination (and save them a lot of grief and disappointment). Desire is not for everyone.

Please, do share.
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby memechelle » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:34 pm

do tell nurse6! curious of the good for sure. LOL no need to hear about the sea sickness.
memechelle

Postby CokeMann » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:51 pm

I have split the nurse6 trip report to a new thread rather than thread jacking the original trip report
- Site Admin -
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya