Another newbie trip report

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Another newbie trip report

Postby mikeinnj » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:27 pm

We just returned last night from our first trip to desire.

A bit about us - both 50, done the nude beach thing, non-swingers, and never went on a CO vacation.

Our arrival was smooth (12 pm on a Saturday I guess just beats the rush). Got our bags and headed to our transfers. A guy whisked us past all the people hawking stuff, straight to our transfers (or so he said). He was just the last desk of the hawkers - time shares or some such garbage. Once he started the sell we walked out the door and found our transfers. By 1:15 we were already at Desire.

Room was not yet ready when we arrived so we got lunch by the pool. By the time we finished, our room was ready. As soon as we could unpack, we were naked at the pool.

Rooms - they are fine - nothing special but clean. Mattress and pillows could be a bit softer but that would be my only complaint with the rooms. The low lighting we heard so much about was a non-issue for us. We were in the last building, ocean front. The walk from there to the farthest reaches took no more than 5 minutes if that. We ended up loving the location.

Meals - most meals were okay. Probably was the part we were least impressed with. The staff was fantastic and very friendly. Breakfast was the best meal of the day in our opinion. We did go to Suki one night for the Benihana like dinner - again was okay but the dessert was the best we had all week.

Pool chairs - as long as we arrived by 10 am, we had no issue getting a chair. Pretty much the same story for the beach beds. The only thing we saw that we did not remember reading about was the 15 minute vacancy rule at the pool before 10 am (2 hours for the rest of the day). we also never saw it enforced but were given a slip of paper the first time explaining the policy. Maybe if there is a big demand they will enforce it?

Shows - some were fun, some were good, some we missed. EWS was a large let down and found it fairly dull.

Disco - loud and most nights not anything I wanted to listen to for too long. My wife also was losing her voice the first few days which means we couldn't talk at all as she could not yell over the music.

Hot tub - suffice it to say there is nothing better than hanging out with 40 or so of your newest friends. Was fun both in the afternoon and evening.

Activities - was very impressed that most times there was something going on but it was not so disruptive that it would interfere with whatever you might be doing at the pool if you were not participating. A great combination of activity but at a reasonable volume. The activities people always asked you to join but you weren't hassled if you gave them a no - again we really liked this. Highlight of the activities to me was when my normally conservative wife agreed to take the pole dancing lessons in front of everyone at the pool! Then I was forced to submit to going up with her for the lap dance lesson! And she did a wonderful job with both, only wished I had a video of it!

Catamaran trip - the only time we left for the resort was for this trip. The boat voted to sail the whole time and we had a great time. We left at 11 (not 10 like most have said) and got back after 4. There were 4 couples onboard but they require a min of 3 and a max of 6 - 4 is a good number though.

We did not make it to the playroom this trip - other things kept getting in the way - be it a great conversation, too much to drink, etc but we will save this for the next trip.

As for theme nights, it was a mixed bag. Some nights it was 20-30% and some nights the ladies made it to 70%.

Body types - that was where I had the normal worries I think most first timers have. My wife is in great shape - me not so much and yes I have body hair. Over the week I saw ALL body types, was not the only one with hair on my body, some bigger and some smaller, older and younger and, as said so many times here, it was all good. We had great times with all age groups, body types, etc, and that was great.

Summary - not a "normal" vacation we would take but it is one we will take again there.
Kik: mikeinnj1
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby happyeastend36 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:13 pm

We also had our virgin voyage the first week of April . The resort exceeded our expectations on almost every level ! We are already planing our return later this year :) we agree that the hot tub experience was the most fun for evening meeting and greeting :wink:...the music at the disco needs help food was ok , rooms more than adequate , the drinks flowed and flowed ... But above all the best part beside the great staff are the fantastic new friends we met ! We continue to talk about our return ! Kris and Gina
happyeastend36

Postby miranda » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:55 pm

"Pool chairs - as long as we arrived by 10 am, we had no issue getting a chair. Pretty much the same story for the beach beds. The only thing we saw that we did not remember reading about was the 15 minute vacancy rule at the pool before 10 am (2 hours for the rest of the day). we also never saw it enforced but were given a slip of paper the first time explaining the policy. Maybe if there is a big demand they will enforce it? "

Not sure what you are talking about here? :? What's this all about? What 15 minute vacancy rule? 2 hours for the rest of the day?
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

another newbie trip report

Postby hookandslice » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:28 pm

My wife and I are NOT swingers at all but are VERY happy with each other.
I have been looking at this forum for a while and am a little concerned with the reaction that my sweetie will have when she sees a BJ in the lobby as we check in..
The trip report that mikeinnj gave was good to rest some fears that we have ( yes , we are newbies !! ) . We are not afraid of nude life as we live it at home and we love nude vacations.
I know that this may be off-topic a bit but I feel that the majority of you are a live-and-let-live bunch.
My wife is a knock-out and I am , let us say , less than knock-out LOL.
Are we the severe minority ?
Sorry if I am intruding.
I admit that I am envious of people that are completely free-spirited.
hookandslice

Postby BottomsUp » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:20 am

hookandslice,
I am very confident that your wife will not see a BJ in the lobby as you check in. Desire rules state that PDS is limited to the playroom and jacquzzi beds. However, we have seen a BJ around the pool during our stay and quite honestly hubby & I enjoyed a little PDS on the beach beds (which is a no-no) but we would be discrete if someone walked by.

Mrs BU
BottomsUp
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 28 Jan 2022

Re: another newbie trip report

Postby mfay » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:55 am

hookandslice wrote:My wife and I are NOT swingers at all but are VERY happy with each other.
I have been looking at this forum for a while and am a little concerned with the reaction that my sweetie will have when she sees a BJ in the lobby as we check in..
The trip report that mikeinnj gave was good to rest some fears that we have ( yes , we are newbies !! ) . We are not afraid of nude life as we live it at home and we love nude vacations.
I know that this may be off-topic a bit but I feel that the majority of you are a live-and-let-live bunch.
My wife is a knock-out and I am , let us say , less than knock-out LOL.
Are we the severe minority ?
Sorry if I am intruding.
I admit that I am envious of people that are completely free-spirited.

Not too worry- you definitely won't see a BJ in the lobby. And generally speaking the public sex at Desire is not "in your face" . During the daytime hours it is less so than you might sometimes see at Hedo for example. Late night can be a different story, besides the designated areas of the playroom and hot tub area you might also run across people engaging on the lobby bar area beds and hanging beds and a few other places. But generally if it is a problem it is not hard to avoid.
Don't worry about being in a minority at all. There are a huge number of people with concerns just like yours who visit Desire. Often, after the first visit, people's attitudes change and thing that they at first found offensive become natural and even appreciated. But whether it changes for you or not- everyone is free to enjoy Desire "their way" without pressure. All you need to do is keep in mind that the other guests are free to enjoy it their way too. No judgements, no pressure, no embarrassment, no guilt- everyone is happy !
Mike
mfay

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby mikeinnj » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:30 pm

Clarification on the 15 minute rule.

Pool chairs (or beach beds) are allowed to be unoccupied for up to 2 hours at all times of the day except for the early morning till 10 am during which time the rule is 15 minutes it can be unoccupied. So putting your stuff down on a chair and heading back to bed or for a long breakfast may cost you your seat. Once 10 am rolled around the rule went back to 2 hours.

We were handed a "rule sheet" one morning when we arrived around 9 am to claim our seat.

Hope that is clearer.
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

Postby mikeinnj » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:34 pm

hookandslice -

My wife is the looker and I am not the looker so no worries there - there are many folks in all sorts of combinations and no one really seems to care.

We did see some discreet PDA's on beach beds during the day, once in the pool during the late afternoon, and some at night. But nothing in your face. As I said earlier, my wife is the more conservative of the two of us and saw nothing that offended her.

She is ready to go back to if that is any indication of how great the place is. Although I doubt we will be the 2X/year folks like some are, I hope this is at least a once a year trip for us from here on out.
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

Postby miranda » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:48 pm

Thanks, mikeinnj, for the clarification. I think those are great rules and I hope they use them during the Desire Week at Cabo, where I understand that the pool loungers are at a premium there.

Daniel does a wonderful job at the pool at Desire Cancun -maybe they will send him to Cabo for the May Desire Week! One can only hope. :lol:
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby mikeinnj » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:18 pm

Glad to have supplied some useful information since everyone else had supplied so much before we left on our trip. Can't believe I've only been back 2 days and already overdue for going back!
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya