April 16-24, 2011 Trip Report from some first timers

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

April 16-24, 2011 Trip Report from some first timers

Postby 2naked » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:19 pm

Background...
We are first timers at Desire or any C/O resort and we were there April 16-24, 2011 (8 nights). We are voyeurs and exhibitionists but not in the lifestyle. My wife has gone topless before and then a few years ago we went to a resort in Jamaica (not Hedo) that had a nude section of their beach. We contemplated it for a while but quickly found ourselves spending half of each day nude. It was not very popular, only about 10 people at the busiest at a place that probably held 2500 or so guests, so it was a little intimidating to strip in front of a just a few people but we both enjoyed it very much. This past Christmas, my wife started looking into places to go for the week before Easter since she is off work that week. She started looking at C/O places since she knew I had enjoyed being nude also. She can be topless almost anywhere in the Caribbean, but not so for men to be nude. So, of course, we came across most of the same resorts that many of you are probably familiar with, but our conversations kept going back to Desire because it seemed to be the best combination of everything we were looking for and only a few things we were apprehensive about. Since we are not in the lifestyle at all, this was the one aspect that caused the most anxiety in our decision. It seemed most of the true Nudism places were more rustic and for those that enjoy camping outdoors. Not us, the finer the better. Anyway, the more we read, the more we would inevitably come across a review talking about pushy swingers or stories of touching without asking permission. This was the case no matter which resort reviews we read. But like I said, for some reason we kept coming back to Desire. Yes, it is a little more expensive than the places we normally go (not C/O), but we figured that we are paying to be able to be nude and also you get what you pay for. How true we discovered that to be. I think that was one of the reasons we chose Desire, the pictures, amenities, reviews, service, etc... were all great. Everything appeared to be top notch and dare I say Classy? Of course the theme nights freaked us out a little. So much so that at first we decided not to take part in any nightly activities and just enjoy being naked on the beach and at the pool. The more we read and the closer it got, we started gaining the attitude of going for it, so we got outfits for every night (except leather) and decided to do just that... go for it. And even though we are not in the lifestyle we decided to consider it flattery if approached. I also made my wife feel at ease by letting her know I would handle any advances so there was no pressure on her. We had also discussed our boundaries beforehand so we both knew what to expect.

Arrival...
We took an early flight and made it from touchdown, through customs, and to the cab/pickup area in only 30 mins. We had a little trouble locating our shuttle driver for 5-10 mins but were on our way soon enough and got to Desire well before check-in time, about 12:30ish. The first words we heard were "Welcome home." We were seated at the check in desk and given a glass of champagne (actually Spanish sparkling wine, but very good and popular at the beach bed area). We had booked an ocean view room and we had done the pre-check in thing on line and requested a king bed, upstairs, and far away from all the action if possible. We realized no request can be expected but we were happy to discover that almost all were met. We could have either a ground floor king in the building furthest from the disco or a 2nd floor queen in the building next to the furthest away. They let us check out the view (a deal breaker for my wife) from each beforehand and we decided on the ground floor king (room 2503). After our bags were delivered, we decided to grab a bite for lunch first since that required clothing anyway before diving in. We headed over to the pool area where the open air lunch buffet area is and were quickly engulfed with total nudity everywhere. Not shocking since this is what we expected, but it is always an initial breathtaking scene when it’s suddenly everywhere. We grabbed a quick bite then headed back to the room to lather up with sunscreen (FYI… SPF 30 is not enough for areas of little to no sun exposure). I didn’t burn bad, but got a little pink in a couple of places. It is obvious that most people tan before coming which is probably what I should have done. We went back to the pool and easily got 2 chairs with the help of the towel hut concierge. Got a couple of drinks and were in the pool soon after and our 9 days, 8 nights had begun.

The Room…
It was great! The view was outstanding. The interior was modest and clean with a simple sexy decor. My wife did say the amount of light was OK in the bathroom, but the angles and shadows were a bit troublesome when putting on makeup. We had some ants in our luggage when we unpacked. I assume they got in while sitting outside the lobby before getting them delivered to our room. We had brought some Off, so we quickly disposed of them. The maid service was great, a few days we had some type of decoration on the bed which was a nice touch. They seemed to clean the room at sporadic times though, sometimes by 11, sometimes not until after 3. No bother to us either way though. All in all, we were very satisfied.

Beach Beds…
We decided to pay to reserve a beach bed for the week. We went down to the beach concierge and spoke to Rene to reserve a bed for the week. We opted for this since we love being in and near the ocean and didn’t want any pressure of getting up early each day to secure a bed. There are 3 sets of beds, the all white ones are for the passion suites only (about 8 of them), there are another set just north with orange sheets that are for members only (about 6 beds). These first 2 sets are more like real beds with thick mattresses and thick fabric hanging between each one to give it more of a private feel. The 3rd set which are available for daily or weekly reservations are all on elevated platforms and most mattresses are right next to each other with no fabric separating each one. There are a few in a second row that are suspended swinging type beds and are separate from each other. These are all more rustic looking with a painted drift wood look to them. Just a warning, if you get the one on the southern most end (number 17), the sun will be all over you by about 2pm as the sun goes over your right shoulder and there is no shade on the end. Some of the beds have thatched roofs so allow no sun in; the others are stick beams so allow about 40% of the sun through. It actually helps to give you a good tan if you spend a lot of time on them as the shadows from the sticks move with the sun and help even out the exposure.

Grounds…
The place is gorgeous… everything was clean and immaculate. The groundskeepers are always doing something to keep the place looking great. The swinging beds around the lobby bar area and at the beach and Jacuzzi area are always made up and pillows arranged. The trees, landscaping, pool area, lobby, Jacuzzi area etc… are always kept in presentation condition. Walking around the pond near the entrance bridge we even saw a crocodile… very cool! From what I have read, the beach is in good shape. The giant sandbags seem to be working. I did some snorkeling also. Not the best I’ve seen, but some sea life to look at and you can do it naked! There is lots of seaweed but the groundskeepers do a good job of raking it at least once a day to help keep it to a minimum. One day we saw some workers harvesting cocoanuts and later saw people with drinks that they had been made into. The wi-fi is sufficient most places except maybe inside your room if on the ground floor. Our bathroom had the best reception of anywhere in our room. There are very few outlets, so if you have room and need multiple electronics, pack an expander or even a small power strip for additional outlets. With a CPAP, digital camera, iphones, ipad, ipod, rechargeable radio, etc.. you may need it.

Restaurants…
There are 4 places to eat. The general buffet is open for breakfast and dinner. There is a different theme for dinner each night and is on the activity schedule they give you at check in. Things like, Oriental, Mexican, Italian, International, etc… There are 2 other restaurants to go to for dinner. Suki is a Japanese/Oriental restaurant with a few community grill tables where the chef prepares the food in front of you like at a Japanese steakhouse, some tables for 2, and 1 long table in the middle that people share when the others are full. The other restaurant is Italian (can’t remember the name) and has a modern elegant feel to it. The best thing is that unlike other all inclusive resorts, you do not have to make reservations for these two restaurants. It is first come first served and there seemed to be no problem with this set up. Suki is closed one night each week though so plan accordingly. The 4th place is the open air grill where lunch is served each day around the pool. Overall, the food here is better than any other all inclusive resort we have ever been to (about 5). Some of the dishes were actually outstanding and others were average. We were very pleased overall. Well, I guess there are 5 places… the pizza at the lobby bar. Handmade and hits the spot at 1am. The raccoons or Coati are cute if you like wild animals. I fed a couple by hand. The big one was a bit aggressive and would snap it from my fingers while the smaller one would take it from your hand with its own hands. Some others don’t prefer seeing this “big rats” around, but I enjoy nature and animals. I guess I will include this complaint here. As far as the drinks go, they are very obviously watered down. Many I doubt had any alcohol at all. When I did shots of Tequila, I didn’t even really need the lime or a chaser. One afternoon within 3 hrs I did 5 shots and 5 beers and was still fully functional with only what I would call a decent buzz. Basically the same thing I get with 2 martini’s with dinner back at home. One night I ordered a dirty martini and it tasted like water and olive juice. Didn’t order any more of those. I understand though that it is in their best interest monetarily and probably also to help them curtail raging drunkenness everywhere. Drinking all day just because you can, I’m sure, is a recipe for a lot of hassles they don’t want. It just sucks when you want a good stiff drink occasionally. The beer and champagne seemed legit though.

Massage…
We decided to do the erotic massage at the resort. Unfortunately I didn’t see the posts on here about the other erotic massage in Puerto Morales or we probably would have chosen that one. The one we did at the resort was very nice. There are some other posts that I did read that give all the details about it and they were spot on. Nice arousing, teasing, rubbing, then they push you together and help you get started on your own then leave you alone for your own happy ending. You shower and go to the Jacuzzi room to relax and have some champagne. It was very nice. First time a woman other than my wife has touched me like that and so was very arousing. So we are glad we did it, but probably not something to do every time. I would definitely be interested in the other one, at least once.

Entertainment…
There is a lot to do each day. From games at the pool to yoga, sailing, snorkeling, and contests. I won 1st place in the Rock your Tunes contest where you make a playlist that they play around the pool for an hour in the afternoon and the guests then rate it. At night after dinner there is usually some type of live music and then either a contest based on the theme that night or some other type of entertainment. We enjoyed it all except the one band (I think it was on Sunday night). Their actual music was ok, but they had a lot of dead time between songs, talked to the crowd to much and just didn’t seem “with it.” There were even a few nights with live piano or sax at the buffet. The entertainment staff was great! Fun, perky, great with people, good personalities and very attractive!

Attire…
There seems to be many questions on here about attire. Obviously during the day everywhere is C/O except the lobby and around the lunch buffet. I’m referring to the evenings. In general anything goes as long as it is not t-shirts and cut offs. Most people dressed up for dinner and then the women who wanted to, changed for the theme but some came to dinner already dressed in theme. Men mostly wore slacks or dark jeans but there were a few pairs of short but all were paired nicely with appropriate shirts and nice shoes or sandals. As is everywhere, women’s fashion is a broad spectrum, but the women I thought were most appropriate were wearing what I would called sexy stripper chic. Low-cut, strappy, see-through, tight, etc… Stuff you would never wear anywhere else but always wanted to… that’s what you should wear. Although anything that meets the dress code is fine.

Themes…
The theme nights were interesting. As I said earlier we decided to jump in on the themes and both of us took something for every night except leather. My wife and I even competed in the sexy school girl competition together. If you were there you will remember me as the nerdy principal that was slapping my wife’s ass with my ruler that I pulled from my pocket protector as she shook it down the aisle. It was fun but probably not something we’ll do again. White night was probably the most popular as most women wore something white and spectacular (lots of lingerie actually) and it was easy for men to fit in on this one too by wearing white shirts or pants. Lingerie night was very popular also. I actually took scrubs to wear, but none of the other men seemed to be wearing anything like silk boxers or Heffner smoking jackets or anything like that so I didn’t bother. In General the majority of men did not participate in most of the theme nights although some did (Chippendale night). Eyes wide shut was very interesting. We brought our own masks and cloaks that we got from a local cheap costume store and most people had them on in the disco too. The ceremony was very cool. We only watched since we are not lifestylers and we definitely wanted to check it out at least once first. I won’t go into all the details as other posts here have already done that but it was a good audience that for the most part kept the ambiance appropriate to the scene. This is the only thing the entire week that you may feel pressure to do something you are not comfortable with since you may not know what you are getting into. We noticed one couple just stayed together and let others go around them and that was a good solution but I’m glad others are comfortable with the ceremony so that it gives us something to watch.

Body Paining…
Again, we jumped in feet first and my wife got painted for white night and went to dinner that way (the only time you are allowed to be exposed at dinner). There were probably about 8 or so women that got painted each night (white night and lingerie night). I expected more, but I know many of the guests are repeaters and so have probably done it before. It is also one of those things that we are glad we did, but not something to do every time.

Disco…
We went 5 of the 8 nights. The disco is about what I expected. Current top 40 club music and a small dance floor, bar, beds and a few chairs/tables. Mostly, people kept their clothes on but depending on the theme, there might be some nudity or see through stuff. One night the music was kind of weird, but all the others that we went to were typical. We never lasted till it closed, but usually stayed until after midnight. We broke in the sin room on the first night. It was very similar to the Jacuzzi beds but harder to see and be seen since it is darker and the round beds are hard to see into and out of. We only saw couple action, but I could imagine some wild group scenes.

Jacuzzi…
The first afternoon we decided to go up to the Jacuzzi area. We had read what to expect, but it doesn’t quite prepare you for topping the stairs, looking over to your right and seeing 4 couples having sex on the beds. The shock quickly wore off and my wife and I grabbed the first open bed we could and joined in. That was the most exhilarating thing I have ever done, and I’ve done some exhilarating things in my life. I know everyone has different things that get them going, but watching and being watched is definitely one for me. There were about 75 people either at the bar, in the Jacuzzi, or on the beds while we were there and more or less the same scene every afternoon.

PDAs…
I know on their site, you get the feeling that nothing really goes on in public except at the Jacuzzi, the sin room, or in your own room. Well… that’s not really accurate. It is everywhere. Almost everywhere you are on any day you can look around and see deep kissing, breast fondling or sucking, penis or vaginal rubbing, oral acts, girls touching or sucking on girls, girls switching around sucking on different guys, etc… Now, most of the acts that are considered sex did only occur in the Jacuzzi area or sin rooms, but there were several times we saw couples having sex in the ocean, rubbing each other on the beach beds or pool chairs, oral sex on the beach beds etc… I’m no prude and enjoy being a voyeur, so I don’t have a problem with the PDAs at all but there is one that bothers me for a different reason. The sex acts in the ocean in plain view of the public walking by should be a no-no. I did notice that if an act was noticeable, security would come out and stand on the beach near the couple to make a non verbal presence until they stopped. I know it is a fantasy for most to have sex in the ocean but what some don’t understand is that if someone not staying at Desire walks by with their kids (which this did happen many times each day) and they see you doing a sex act in public, they will be offended and probably complain to someone. They may complain to Desire or to their hotel. If their hotel gets enough complaints or gets tired of all the complaints, then they will probably eventually contact the authorities and that will just mess it up for the rest of us. As I described, there are plenty of places for PDAs throughout the resort, just don’t do it at the beach.

Service…
As I said earlier we discovered you get what you pay for. We have never been anywhere whether it is an all inclusive place or not that caters to your every need, many times even before you know you need it. We never heard the word no from anyone. It is a very laid back environment where most anything goes and the staff helps create that vibe. There were even a few times we saw one or more people that had a little too much to drink and the staff would assist them while trying not to draw attention. All of the staff are also very good at not gawking at all the naked people. I would think this would be tough to do (for me it would be) so I applaud their ability. Many of the staff would remember your name, or more importantly your drink order, after only dealing with you once. I’m not good with names for the rest of the hard working staff, but I do remember Africa. She is by far the hardest worker I have ever seen in the service industry.

Etiquette…
Just some words of advice for others… USE TOWELS!!! Very often I saw people sit on beds, chairs, etc… without putting a towel down first. This place has definitely invested in towels for this purpose and they are everywhere, for which I am very grateful, so please use them every chance you get. Next, when you are done playing on a bed, please take your stuff away. It is not your private pool chair. Others are waiting to play on the beds too. There were several times when people would play, then go to the shower or Jacuzzi for an hour and leave their towels and personal belongings on a bed. Also many would nap on them. I’m not trying to be the bed police and I’m not saying that you can’t do this, but it was annoying when you are waiting to use a bed and there are 3 couples sleeping on them. Go to your room or down to the pool or beach if you want to sleep. It’s not really a napping type of vibe at the Jacuzzi anyway. I know every guy likes a few winks after a good roll in the hay, but the suspended beds down at the beach are great for this (which is what we would do).

Body types…
I saw a few troubling responses to a post here about bodies and I know we are all secretly concerned about our appearance but I won’t even try to be politically correct here and say no one is looking. Yes you get used to it, but you are still looking. If you were blind, you wouldn’t go to a C/O resort. So we are all looking and know we are being looked at. That being said, there are all types of bodies. I saw men from 150 to 450 lbs and women from 100 to 300 lbs. and people from early 20’s to late 60’s. I know some people are still shallow enough to place a high standard on what bodies are appropriate for C/O places but I’m not one of them. I enjoy seeing them all. There were beautiful young thin bodies and ugly old fat ones. I applaud them all. We will all most likely end up toward the latter at some point anyway. Will you feel different on the inside when you are 60, fat and ugly than you do today when you are young, thin, and beautiful? I think not. Another reason I don’t judge or like to be judged is that you don’t know where that person is in their life. You are just seeing a snapshot. A woman might have just had a baby or someone be bald because of chemo or just gained weight because of medication or have some other physical malady for any other reason. My wife and I have lost over 90 pounds in the last 18 months but we still have more to lose. We were enjoying our new bodies but I’m sure some looked at us with judgment. There was also the spectrum of normal to wild as far as other aspects of appearance. Tattoos, piercings, penis size, fake boobs, real boobs, shaved, waxed, natural, Botox, etc… you will see it all and that is really cool too. The first part of our week I would say it was an older more natural laid back crowd, but the further into the week we went there were a lot more young, thin, pretty and surgically altered people. Probably about half were from the US and the other half from everywhere else.

Lifestyle…
We did not see a whole lot of full blown swinging going on. Any afternoon while at the Jacuzzi you could see some girls kissing and several times there were oral acts going on around the edge of the Jacuzzi. Once we even saw a woman with her husband and another man on a bed and once we walked by a room that had their window open where a foursome was playing on their bed. Definitely many soft swingers there but many that were just nudists also. We were only approached by 2 couples that I thought were probing for possible soft swinging action but both respected our boundaries and even hung around with us several times without pushing further. I know that everyone says it is a different mix every time you go, so I am glad we had the low key week we did. It was a great way to be there for the first time.

Conclusion…
Overall we loved Desire. It met all of our expectations and none of our fears were realized. It was very upscale and the service outstanding. We loved it so much that we became members and plan to be back very often. My wife has already warned me that we may have to make a long weekend trip before next year in order for her to get her fix. Someone did call this place a drug right? Anyway, if you are on the fence or read some questionable reviews somewhere, don’t worry. If you are comfortable with the C/O part then that is enough and you can take or leave the rest based on your personal preferences.
25 Desire trips since Apr-2011
2 Hedo trips
SLS: WeR2Naked
KIK: Heis2naked
2naked
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 01 Sep 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS-SZC-KIK

Postby miranda » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:54 pm

What a great trip report! Thanks for sharing your week with us. We agree with pretty much everything you wrote.
Please, no PDS's at the beach.
Please, use a towel at all times.
Please, take your towels and belongings with you off the beds (that goes for the play room also) when you are done.
Please don't nap on the jacuzzi beds - there are usually people waiting to use them for other activities.

I have to say, though, that I enjoy a martini and have yet to have a good one at Desire - so I switch to something else. And there definitely has been alcohol in all of my drinks - maybe it's a gender thing? :lol:

Thanks again!
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby Piglet&Porky » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:05 am

A great report - Thanks

I particularly liked your comment on body types:
Another reason I don’t judge or like to be judged is that you don’t know where that person is in their life. You are just seeing a snapshot. A woman might have just had a baby or someone be bald because of chemo or just gained weight because of medication or have some other physical malady for any other reason. My wife and I have lost over 90 pounds in the last 18 months but we still have more to lose. We were enjoying our new bodies but I’m sure some looked at us with judgment

A really good philosophy and hopefully typical of those at Desire
Piglet&Porky
Desire Lover

Postby tannaked » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:56 am

Absolutely fabulous trip report. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us. Welcome to the club :D

Ritch
Couples T I 6 trips
C R C 7 trips
Hidden Beach 1 trip
Desire Riviera Maya 38 trips
still in love
tannaked
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 28 Oct 2020

Postby BottomsUp » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:27 am

Usually if I see a trip report of this length, I will only skim over it. Your detail got me hooked right from the start.
Excellent trip report!!

Mrs B
BottomsUp
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Jan 2022

Postby it's all good! » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:15 am

As we've said before on this forum, "what the heck just happened?" Great report, just like you, we were hooked after our 1st visit.

Don
it's all good!
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 08 Jan 2017

Postby 2naked » Mon May 02, 2011 9:07 am

Thanks for everyones comments. Just hope it helps others like all the posts here helped us.
25 Desire trips since Apr-2011
2 Hedo trips
SLS: WeR2Naked
KIK: Heis2naked
2naked
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 01 Sep 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS-SZC-KIK

Great Report

Postby sailm8 » Sun May 08, 2011 7:51 pm

My wife and I have visited Desire at least 7 times. We are getting older and thought that this might be our last trip. After this visit we know we will be back for years to come. We are not lifestylers but look to Desire to refresh our sexuality. We go to Desire for each other and look to the intimacy and closeness that comes from the pampering that Desire provides.

I can think of no reason that would keep a couple from experiencing what Desire has to offer other than their own misconceptions. For us Desire is almost like a religious retreat that renews mind body and sexuality. We realized that we come to Desire for each other and not what others may think.

Great trip report.
sailm8
Desire Convert

Postby Lee & Kerri » Mon May 09, 2011 12:14 am

Thanks for bringing back the memories. We went for our first Desire trip last August. Would've loved to go back this year, but we're expecting our first little one in a few weeks.

Cheers,

Lee.
Lee & Kerri
Desire Fan

First Timers

Postby ctryfok » Mon May 09, 2011 3:38 pm

Interesting first time trip in Aug. Baby in May, must have be a good vacation.
ctryfok
Desire Convert

Postby kjc » Mon May 09, 2011 3:44 pm

HUMM,desire in Aug, baby in May, 9months later,good for you guys
SLS: Monroe6969
kjc
Desire Lover

Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Lee & Kerri » Tue May 10, 2011 10:56 pm

Haha...ya, I joke about something in the water...(hopefully not the hottub).

It was an incredible vacation that I still think about quite often. Maybe we can sneak out for a quick getaway in August. It's our 1st, so I have no clue if that's even possible. Maybe next year is a better bet.
Lee & Kerri
Desire Fan

Postby FRANCODOA » Wed May 11, 2011 11:15 pm

Lee & Kerri wrote:Haha...ya, I joke about something in the water...(hopefully not the hottub).

It was an incredible vacation that I still think about quite often. Maybe we can sneak out for a quick getaway in August. It's our 1st, so I have no clue if that's even possible. Maybe next year is a better bet.

My wife would never have considered leaving her 3-month old baby home alone for a week. MAYBE next year......

GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT 1st TIME EXPERIENCE.
FRANCODOA
Desire Devotee

Postby shore128 » Fri May 13, 2011 7:53 am

We'll join the chorus in complementing you on a very well written, excellent trip report. You should post it on Trip Advisor. Some of the reviews of Desire on that site are so negative and biased. We're going back for our fifth trip at the end of May and can't wait. Its been 18 months since we were last there - much too long! Really looking forward to seeing the new nightclub and playroom.
shore128
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 21 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby desires4me » Fri May 13, 2011 9:44 pm

question about the jacuzzi area,is it always busy? or is there a time for just relaxing getting sun? when is that area open early morning?
desires4me
Desire Fan

Next

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya