FINE FIFTIETH - April 12-18, 2011

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

FINE FIFTIETH - April 12-18, 2011

Postby Whoneedssunscreencpl » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:38 pm

It was time to return.

We began to crave Desire in spite of the fact that after our last visit we posted a trip report which expressed some frustration with the exclusion/rudeness we had experienced at the hands of some of the members of the one swinger group who ever behaved that way toward us. After that trip, we both sensed that we had had our fill of Desire for a little while.

We were correct. Our hiatus lasted eleven months.

But let’s all just admit it. Once you get the Desire Bug it probably never leaves. We scheduled our trip to begin a few weeks after my fiftieth birthday. We planned the trip about five months in advance. The wait as always, became more excruciating with each passing day. It helped to join the April Yahoo Group and review/post E-mails and photos with hopelessly hooked Desire fanatics and nervous newbies.

The wife and I always request a Garden View room in part, because we are rarely in our room. Being nudists (well exhibitionists/voyeurs too) it is not as if we have other couples in our room. Our time is spent at the pool, the beach, the Jacuzzi, the restaurants, the disco, the Playroom, and the Jacuzzi beds, usually in that order. We don’t need a large room or an in-room Jacuzzi or a great view. We therefore don’t want to pay for such amenities. Two weeks before our arrival I did lose some composure, though. While barely maintaining dignity, I found myself essentially begging for a room near the pool. During my on-line check in I found myself E-mailing the staff explaining that, “Gee, we’ve been to Desire Cabo once and Desire Cancun twice and gosh, this trip is for my fiftieth birthday. May we please get a room near the pool?â€
Whoneedssunscreencpl
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Jan 2022

Postby mfay » Sun May 01, 2011 9:46 am

It is good to hear that you did get back to Desire- and that your experience was better this time than the last. The birthday surprise was a nice touch and it it not at all unusual- when you let them know in advance they are great about doing that kind of thing.
A note about the gastrointestinal problems. Of course this can be a common problem in Mexico and other areas in the Caribbean. Contrary to what most people think, when you are a reputable resort like Desire the problem is rarely with the food or water. From the moment you arrive your body is bombarded with bacteria that are totally foreign to you. Every surface you touch and person you come into direct contact with is a potential source. Just like wherever it is you live, bacteria are everywhere. You just aren't used to the ones you get in Mexico. After you have gone enough times is usually ceases to be a problem, but for you newbies it is a good idea to have your doctor give you a prescription for Cipro to take along with you on your trip. At the first hint of any problem you can take them and avoid wasting any of your valuable Desire time being sick !
Mike
mfay

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby kjc » Mon May 02, 2011 11:23 am

Hey guys,it was nice meeting up with you two,its always fun to put the faces online with the actual meeting in person,again thanks for the loaner collar at the disco,I must get one.Didn't realize you fell ill ,thats too bad. Again nice meeting you two. J and K
SLS: Monroe6969
kjc
Desire Lover

Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Alabama » Mon May 02, 2011 12:51 pm

Rob,

Except for the stomach distraction, sounds like you guys had a great time. I agree 100% w/ your comment about overlap with fellow guests. I think the answer for us next time is start sooner and stay longer. I know that will not cure the problem but at least it helps!

With the recent beating our state took w/ the tornadoes, it is nice to reflect on the fun we had on our trip a couple weeks ago. Kelly and I are fine but it will be a long recovery for a lot of people. The damage is just unbelievable.

It appears our spring break will be in March next year. We like the April trip as we were able to see some familar faces from our April 2010 trip. The upside is that our wait will not be as long until our return. Maybe we can see you guys again sometime.

John
Alabama

Postby Whoneedssunscreencpl » Wed May 11, 2011 5:33 pm

J and K from NY: It was great meeting you two too!
Whoneedssunscreencpl
Desire Addict

Postby Whoneedssunscreencpl » Wed May 11, 2011 5:34 pm

John and Kelly:

Yeah, we will definitely keep March, 2012 in mind. It was nice meeting you two even if it was so brief!
Whoneedssunscreencpl
Desire Addict

Postby ethicalsluts77 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:24 pm

hey guys, we were there at the same time and met all of you (i think).
we were the pale people, remember?

it was great to meet you all, we will be back for sure, sometime next spring.

-luke and lisa (washington)
ethicalsluts77

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya