Ynot’s & Hot Tamales- May 7-14, 2011

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Ynot’s & Hot Tamales- May 7-14, 2011

Postby mfay » Fri May 20, 2011 8:26 pm

We’ve been home for a week now, struggling to catch up with real life like we all do after a trip to Desire, and we wanted to get his report out earlier. This was our 20th Desire visit and we don’t always post trip reports but this one was just too special not to write about it.
We arrived on Friday along with several others but a day ahead of the biggest part of the group. As usual we were greeted with hugs and smiles by all the Desire staff from the moment we got out of the van. It really is amazing how these folks remember all the details about all our lives and how we always feel like we are returning home to family. All week long the Desire staff proved once again that they are the best anywhere. Check in was speedy and efficient as always. It was early afternoon and we were told our room would be ready in 5 minutes. It was. After unpacking we grabbed a bite and walked around to say hello to everyone and take a look around. We were amazed at how lush and grown up everything was, and at all the new additions to the grounds in the few months since we had been there. There has been a very nice little reflection pond added near the lobby bar with a walking bridge over it. Very classy ! And all over the grounds were little new decorations. Rock gardens, flowers, etc, etc everywhere. The effect is stunning. Desire has never looked better. After the tour we settled in for another “typicalâ€
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby eddieandjojo » Sat May 21, 2011 8:44 am

Glad you two had a great time! Nice to hear that the resort is looking better than ever and you saw improvements in such a short time since your last visit. Of course we are counting down the days until our late July visit and despite how many times we've been the anticipation kicks into high gear in the next month or so.

Maybe one of these days our trips will overlap again so we can say hello in person!

E&J
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby mfay » Sun May 22, 2011 8:17 am

Hi E & J. It is amazing how they keep improving things- and how fast they get it done.
Have a great time in July (as if there was any doubt-lol) and you know we'll end up at Desire again with you guys again one of these days !
Mike
mfay

Postby DnB » Sun May 22, 2011 2:11 pm

Mike & Barb

Great report, we had such a great time once again this year. We've already got our booking in with Char. Bob & I happened upon the group, or maybe they happened upon us since we always booked the second week in May. Either way we're very glad about it!

The only thing I might not agree with being an improvement on the grounds is the the pond with the bridge. It's a bit steep and has spaces which makes it difficult for those of us in CFMs and we sure don't want to get rid of them!! :D Also, it's difficult for Arco's with the luggage. LOL he says he never thought there would be so much luggage for people who are naked most of the time!

We'll be on a cruise in Sept so we won't be going back with the group then. Hope it's as good as this trip!

Darla and Bob
DnB
Desire Convert

Postby mfay » Mon May 23, 2011 6:20 am

Ye Darla & Bob- the little bridge LOOKS nice, but Barbara said the same thing about it being too steep and hard to walk on in heels.
Of course all of us men know that NOTHING is more important than shoes- especially those CFM heels !
Mike
mfay

Postby tout.prest » Mon May 23, 2011 9:44 am

Too funny ! These sound like the same conversation my wife and I had... The going up the hill was fine, but the downhill run was a bitch ! There was no way she would do it with out holding on to my hand. However, As I am a personal fan of the CFM footwear , I ALWAYS made sure that I was there to help. :D

Small price to pay though,for the beautiful landscaping that they have done recently. It was much nicer than on on our previous visit. My only question is about those new beds by the pizza bar. In our 8 day stay, I only ever saw 1 person on them, and they were just checking their email. I dont know if guests really understand the intent of them. Are they for napping ? for sex ? for checking email ? purely for landscaping ? for feeding the coons ?
They are obviously too far away to lounge on , to watch the lobby entertainment.

Steve :wink:
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby tikihutguy » Mon May 23, 2011 1:29 pm

You can never have too many beds. It may take a while to adjust, but build them and they will cum ah come...
:D
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby mfay » Tue May 24, 2011 6:37 am

Re the bar area beds- it could be that weather has some effect. In February we did see those beds get a lot of use although we didn't use them ourselves. It was a little too chilly for many to use the hot tub area beds late at night but much warmer without the wind down near the bar. Of course last week it was very comfy at night and you can't beat the atmosphere at the hot tub beds when it is like that.
Suppose sometimes it just takes one couple to start in, and then others see and think it's a great idea.
Mike
mfay

Postby tsking911 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:54 am

Hi ... we have to say you guys are a blast. This was our first trip to Desire, in fact our first trip to Mexico and to a lifestyle, C/O resort. We meet the ynots and Hot Tamales rigght away. We stopped some of your members on the beach and got the entire laydown on the days activities right there. We were made to feel extremly welcome and relaxed by your groups. We were at the jacuzzi our first night and my wife was initiated with a hood inspection, tatoo, and body shots....its was the best reception we had ever had anywhere. We spent half our trip with your group and were terribly sad to see you guys leaving...saturday and sunday were rough reminders of what we had coming for our departure on thursday. Must say you guys set the tone for the rest of our trip thanks. We would love to do the same next year but in order to spend half of our trip with your groups and still be there for my birthday we would have to miss mothers day...cant see that happening...ohhhh well again thanks for a great time. Ohhhh and the fountain ceremony....WOOOOOOO HO...lol.

Todd and Arlene
tsking911
Desire Lover

Postby vsc5011 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:26 am

"hood inspection, tattoo, and body shots" ... "fountain ceremony" ... Please elaborate ... Thanks

Della
vsc5011
Desire Convert

Postby mfay » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:47 am

Todd & Arlene- it was great meeting you guys ! Hope you will come back and join us again next year. Don't worry about that "official" birthday- we are very easy- we'll let you celebrate it a few days early ! I do it all the time- mine is in September and we always go to Desire with the group around that date but not always on it. Thats never stopped me from celebrating it while we are there.
Mike
mfay

Postby tsking911 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:20 pm

My wife had a gentleman who does Piercings inspect her clit to see if her hood would be able to accomidate (and it should...i agree...lol...) One of the ladys there...betty i believe was her name, put temperary tattoos on us with the group names, and well body shots are when they pour liquor all over you and everyone licks it off.
Mike and Barbara...we are still considering it. We know we will be booking it just not sure when, but thanks for the encouragement.
tsking911
Desire Lover

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya