July 9th to 16th

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

July 9th to 16th

Postby TwoDV8s » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:57 pm

July 9th to 16th, 2011

This was our 8th annual visit during the second week of July with the same group of about 20 couples. There was another group of about 30 couples there during our stay and resort was 90 percent plus occupied during the week.

Random thoughts in no particular order...

The glass enclosed papala in the lobby area seems to be a waste of space. The only time we saw it used was to hand out masks and capes for Eyes Wide Shut, which we did not attend.

Aaron and Mario are no longer at Desire.

Arcos and his wife Sylvia are our favorite employees. They both work there butts off. We miss Sylvia at the pool on her day off. I have no idea how she remembers what everyone drinks.

Carlos, a 7 year employee, is our favorite bartender.

We never made it to the pool before 10am and never had a problem getting a lounger or bed by the pool. We never saw them remove items because the spot was not occupied.

The beach is much larger, probably 40 or so feet out from the beach beds and no rocks.

Try the chrizo and jalapeno pizza at lunch, it rocks.

Pizza and BLTs are still great a 3am. (no chirzo or jalapeno though)

The playroom was sauna hot, need a little more ac in there.

The lunch buffet seemed to have the same choice everyday. Whats up with the Asian style rice; it was not only on the lunch buffet everyday but seemed to be moved to the dining room for dinner every night. Mexican night with Asian rice, Desire you can do better than that.

We got the exact room that we requested. Thanks Valentina.

Hector and Venessa are the new EC's since our last visit and do a great job. And then there is Diana. What a smok'in hot body...

Some of the rooms we visited had new drawers installed in the closet area. Maybe they are working there way through the resort as they renovate rooms. Don't know, didn't ask but its a plus.

I know this was short, any questions just ask and I'll do my best to answer them. 8)
TwoDV8s
Desire Lover

We are from: USA

Postby Eskimojoe » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:30 pm

We agree strongly with your comments regarding Arcos and Sylvia!!!! ...and I strongly agree with your comment about Diana!!!!

Thanks for your trip report.
Eskimojoe
Desire Fan

Postby tout.prest » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:00 am

New drawers ??? My better half will be ecstatic :D !! yahoo !

Sound like the beach just keeps getting bigger and bigger....... That is very good news as well. Let just hope the upcoming storm season doesn't prove harmful to it.

Thanks for the report !

Steve :wink:
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby TwoDV8s » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:23 pm

One other new change I noticed. If you settle your room charges with US cash at check out they make a copy of your US Passport. I'm guessing this has something to do with the law change last Sept.
TwoDV8s
Desire Lover

We are from: USA

Postby olderII » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:09 am

Desire is lucky to have Diana! She is the best.
olderII
Desire Devotee

Postby dnchavnfun » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:36 pm

Dittos on Diana! We saw her last year in her chaps outfit... BOTH our jaws dropped!.... Nice... :shock: :D
dnchavnfun
Desire Convert

Glad to hear about the beach!

Postby chonobob » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Last year we went in Aug. as we will this year and there was almost no beach left.
We'll check out the chorizo jalapeno pizza for sure.
Sylvia and Arcos rock and so does Afrika on the beach!
Thanks for your post.
chonobob
Desire Fan

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya