Sept. 29 - Oct. 5 spectactular trip!!

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Sept. 29 - Oct. 5 spectactular trip!!

Postby camn73 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:18 pm

Wow!!!!! As most other reviews go where do we start..... :D

This was our 2nd trip back and it took us 4 long years to get there... Never again on that and we'll be back within 12 months this time!!

I've read these reports and they went a long ways in assistance the first time and found them great for the second round as well. Said I would type one up for our trip this time so here it goes and YES it was an amazing trip for this old boy's 40th Birthday!!

First off my wife is amazing and set it up with the resort to have a cake in the room on 10/2 for my bday and they tossed in champagne as well!!!!! As usual the staff and service is simply amazing at the resort.

Stayed in 1911 which is a Garden View room in the perfect location we thought next to the lobby bar. Worked great to pop down and up for drinks and food. The room's refrigerator was not working when we got there and they swapped it out immediately with a fridge that was already cold with new cold beverages!!! Service again is OUTSTANDING!!!!

Now on to the good stuff.......

We joined the October yahoo group, which I believe is a must, after we had the first visit and once again met up with great couples to get to know before arriving!!

For those that were at the resort you probably new myself and my wife as I was the 6'4" guy wearing a cowboy hat doing all the activities and contests!! :) I decided I was going to do everything possible this time and WOW did I ever..... Me on stage doing a chippendale contest in the disco, that was a new experience but in the end it was a truly amazing experience. Naked surfing in the middle of the pool was slightly embarrasing but all good fun and my better half kicked my butt in that event by doubling my measly 5 seconds........ :lol:

Vanessa and Hector, now gone, were the activity coordinators and am soooooooo glad we had them while they were still there. All I can say is they were simply amazing and we are glad to have become friends with them in only 6 days!!! Good luck to them on their next adventures. The activities were great with beach volleyball, horseshoes, water basketball, water volleyball and the other miscellaneous games.....

The disco and the pre-disco events were nice from the last time we were there. We really liked the lobby area pre-disco idea and then move it on up for primetime in the disco.

Rooftop hot tub..... well there is not much I can say here other than "yep" it is a GREAT time especially when you have a great crew there with you. The memories from this trip are etched into our minds forever...... Myself bent over the railing with a line of women to give me a birthday spanking and I believe some gave me some pity as I got a couple kisses back there as well when it was beat red!!! :)
The staff up there really knows how to keep the party rolling in the afternoon with the chocolate and body shots on the bar.. Of course that was after I got done running the margarita body shots.... :D Can't wait to do that one again!!!! :) I loved being the birthday boy for a week, did I say that already?? LOL :D

Food = amazing (Suki 3 times and twice at the hibachi grill!!!)
Friends = amazing (G&M, D&J, R&J, and all others......)
Atmosphere = amazing
Service = amazing
........ = amazing

Yes we liked it and the 2nd trip was better than the first and we can't wait for the 3rd and hope to meet back up with our new lifelong friends once again as well as making new ones!!!!

If we met up there and you want to stay in touch just private message us, thanks again Desire and to all of those who make it such a wonderful place.

oh and we used USA Transfers to/from the airport. Highly recommed them, flawless!!!!
camn73
camn73
Desire Convert

Postby anneag » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:42 pm

Vanessa and Hector gone?????? That's really a bummer. :( where did they go?
anneag
Desire Convert

Postby mfay » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:54 pm

At last word, Vanessa will likely be back at some point. She has a family issue to deal with- how long was uncertain.
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby camn73 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:56 pm

Yes Vanessa is back home for a bit but may be back. We hope she does and all turns out well at home!! Hector went to another resort in puerto vallarta.
camn73
camn73
Desire Convert

Postby tsking911 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:37 am

Damn i was looking forward to seeing Vanessa and Hector again. They were both so much fun and always looked for me to participate.
Great trip report. We have five weeks left and im soaking up these reorts like a sponge...great anticipation builders.
Camn73, you never mentioned the theme nights. We have heard that eyes wides shut has been changed or cancelled. Just wondering if you if have any info. thanks
Todd
tsking911
Desire Lover

theme nights

Postby camn73 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:10 am

Yes I did forget about them didn't I......

The theme nights were great. Most guys just dressed up a bit for them and a few of us actually dressed for them. The women were amazing as usual and most dressed for the themes unlike the guys.

We were not there for the Wednesday night so can't tell you about EWS but from the couples we met that were still there for the Wednseday night it was 5 senses and masks.... Seemed as it was like EWS but in a closed area.....

I liked how they did the pre-disco in the lobby with people dressed for the themes and then moved to the disco.

Writing this again makes me miss that place soooo much!!!!!!

- Craig
camn73
camn73
Desire Convert

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya