Todd and Arlene November 16th - November 23rd 2011

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Todd and Arlene November 16th - November 23rd 2011

Postby tsking911 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:32 pm

Hey everybody.Can't believe its over a month since we left paradise. Wish we could say we had our next trip booked already but unfortunitley thats not the case. Its been a crazy month and I'm finally sitting down and writting a trip report.

Arrival

We had an uneventful arrival. We arrived around 11:00 a.m. and managed to get through customs pretty quickly. The only issue we had was having to wait for our transport to the resort as they were waiting for one more couple. The other couple missed the shuttle so we were a little delayed there.
Check in was fast and painless. Unfortunitly our room wasnt ready for 2 hours. This was the longest 2 hours we had to endure in ages...lol... Before we meet in the airport to catch our flight from Toronto to Cancun we hadnt seen each other in two weeks. I was dying to get my hands on my wife. And the two of us lounging around the pool naked just intensified the urges.

The Room

We had asked for a gardenview close to the beach beds. We got room 1802. Close to the beach beds and the main bar. Last time we were there we had an Oceanview and loved the proximity to the beach beds and loved being able to quicky go from the room to the beach bed and vise versa. This room was close enough to still be able to do that. We were very surprised to find the gardenview room was bigger then the higher priced oceanview room. The bed was bigger, the bathroom was bigger, there was furniture...loved this room. The pillars at the end of the bed were great as well, if you know what I mean. We both decided the next time we went we were going to request this room or 1902. The only issue we had was the air conditioning stayed on regardless of how cool the room got, this resulted in us getting up in the middle of the night to turn off the air conditioning because we were froozen. That and we like everyone else would love to see drawers in all the rooms.

The Group, PleasureFest and Wild Turkey

The people who were there with this group were great. We were meet soon after getting to our room by a group representative, Gary, almost too soon. He almost got a really good show. He brought us some swag , towels, stickers etc... The group had a meet and greet which was nice. We went down only to find everyone was dressed and then turned around and went back to our room and put on some clothes.
We wish the group had done some other things to bring everyone together. there wasnt much cohesiveness. The great thing the group did was bring Courtney Cruz to the resort.

The Entertainment

Courtney Cruz was the living embodiment of my wifes and my fantazies. We both love corsets and tattoos. Her burlesque show truely was the highlight of the entertainment. We are considering a trip to hedo in june just to watch her and her entire troupe.
The rest of the week the entertainment was the standard fare. Pretty much the same entertainment we experienced the first time we were there. So even though we enjoyed the shows we would like to see them mix it up alil and bring in some new acts.
We never have any complaints about the music. this time it even better than last time. We even managed to get a couple requests played by the pool. My request wasnt anything most people would of heard of ; Spirit of the West, Home for a Rest. So I was happy.

The Themes

We love the themes and were happy that they had changed them up abit but they seem to have done a bad job letting people know rather people did a bad job checking the desire site to find out. It was Latin Fevor week and certain nights were differerent. This disappointed a few people because they had brought costumes for the usual themes. Im sure noone minded seeing them in either costume. The thing that irked us was they kept Eyes Wide Shut which we dont enjoy, but temporarily replaced school girl night and leather night which we enjoy.
Black tie night was my favorite this time because I won the chipendale contest and was crowned King of Desire. If only for a day the honor was great. I also got to do a special dance for my Miss Arley for her birthday

The Food and Restraurants

We really enjoyed the meals this time. Until this trip I wasnt really a fan of Sushi. I guess i just never had the right Sushi. We managed to sit at the main table and watch the sushi chef cook for us. That was awesome, absolutely delicious. We ate there 3 nights out of the seven. We also enjoyed a great meal in the white room. This was made especially enjoyable by the company. We managed to book the big table for my wife`s birthday celebration, which we celebrated the entire week. Thanks to the other couples that joined us and made the night. J & S, T & J, D & S, and E & K you guys were awesome.
We had good meals for the lunches by the pool as well. There seemed to be some variety and everything was delicious. The buffets were the same. The breakfasts were always great.

The Hot Tub and Playroom

We enjoyed the hot tub a bit more after the disco this time. The hot tub was nice , very crowded and the alcohol and body shots flowed too easily in the early evening..lol.. The late nights were abit less crowded yet there was more playing going on there then in the playroom.
We stuck our heads in the playroom a couple times and saw no one there and played in there twice and it was virtually deserted both times. Not as much fun as last time. Maybe it was timing, who knows. We were tired alot of the nights this time and chose to chill in the hot tub most nights.

The Staff

The thing that makes Desire the best resort for us is the people who go there and the people who work there. The staff is awesome. My wife had issues with her Gall Bladder and the staff went out of their way to try and help in any way they could. CC rocks. She was always there with a great big smile and a banana bj. Rene always tried to do his best to get us a good beach bed. The bar staff up at the hot tub were swamped as usual but still tried to serve us as fast as possible and were always willing to get us the fixings for body shots. From the minute we arrived and gave Geraldo our bags to Valentia running to get us a Courtney Cruz poster for a souvenire minutes before we left the staff was the best. There isnt enough room on the comment form to list all the staff that helped us. There isnt enough room here to list the staff that helped to make our vacation great.

The Catamaran Day Cruise

This time we decided to go on the day cruise so we could decide for ourselves whether it was worth the money. It truely depends on the group that goes. We went with two other couples and we all hit it off from the moment we meet outside the front lobby. We had two other couples who were in the van with us from another resort. We mistakenly thought they were going to be on the clothing optional cruise with us. They were ok with the clothing optional part of it as long as we didnt push them to be naked. They bailed when we started talking about lifestyle and having sex on the boat. One couple got out of the vann made their apologizes and then got a cab back to their resort. We soon found out they would have been on a different boat, we felt terrible but it was as funny as hell. There really wasnt any swingers on the cruise but that didnt stop each of us from enjoying the motion of the ocean with our partners.It was cool because this was the other couples first timemaking love in front of anyone else. Even though Miss Arley had an issue that day with her gall bladder acting up we still had a blast. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we paid the crew another couple hundred to keep us out for another couple hours. We turned a day time cruise into a sunset cruise. Thanks to the crew and to other two great couples for making it a great cruise.

The People

As usual its the friends you make the makes the trip. We meet some great people and hopefully we will see them all again. The before mentioned couples that joined us for dinner, the people who we partyed with us on the day cruise and the numerous couples we meet and enjoyed their company ( the faulkner`s, DQ, the couples we meet from the forumn or from the group and all the Canadians to mention a few) all were awesome. We really didnt get to play but that isnt necessarily why we go. We had some fun moments in the hot tub and we had a great time.
(If anyone has any contact information for the other Todd that was there and arrived around the 22nd of Nov, He was from Newfoundland and they lived in Northern Canada, could you please forward it to us, id like to send them an email.)

Our overall experience

We had a few shakey moments because of Arlene`s Gall Bladder. We cant express our gratitude for all the support that everyone gave us concerning her issues with her stomach. She spent about two days and nights miserable because of her stomach. She was a real trooper and tried her best to not bring me down or ruin my time. I love my Miss Arley.
Aside from this we still had a great time. I was abit over tired some nights and as a result the drinks may have got to me, or atleast thats what i am telling myself. We had to cancel out on the last night there because i had waaaaay too much to drink in the hot tub. My Bad and It wont happen again.
I think our first trip was still the best but in no way does that mean we didnt have a great time. Hopefully next time we will not have to deal with Arlenes Gall Bladder. She has had it removed since we have gotten home and she is hopefully on the mend. We know what room to get and I know now how great Sushi is. I could probably write for hours and mention a dozen great things and dozens of great people. Overall desire cancun is still our paradise!
tsking911
Desire Lover

Postby johnjeri417 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:18 am

Hey guys!! John and Jeri here, from the last trip (tattoo guy)..glad to hear you had another great trip!! sorry to hear about the gall bladder issues..unfortun i know all to well about the intense pain and problems that come with it. had mine removed and it was a blessing...any way we will be head to desire week in cabo, lucky for us it will be during the grand re opening of desire there along with cinco and jeris bday!!..hope to catch up with u guys in the future!!
johnjeri417
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 12 Aug 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: AFF..SLS

Postby BottomsUp » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:51 am

tsking911, thanks for taking the time to post a trip report.
Hope your spouse is feeling better.

Home For a Rest is a song we know very well. I have a feeling we'll be singing the lyrics loud and clear after our 10 nights at Desire, lol.

Mrs B
BottomsUp
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Jan 2022

Postby fun4us » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:47 pm

Thanks for taking the time to write a trip report Todd, sure hope Arlene is feeling better.
fun4us
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 03 Aug 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Cafe Desire

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya