Desire Trip Report - January 22nd to February 1st 2012

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Desire Trip Report - January 22nd to February 1st 2012

Postby BottomsUp » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:18 pm

This was our third trip to Desire Cancun. Our first was in 2006 and again in 2009. We will definitely be back!

We emailed the resort in advance to request a room in either blocks 13, 19 or 14 top floor. We were pleased to be assigned room 1911 top floor which is where we stayed in '09.
The palm trees have obstructed the ocean view over the past three years, not the same beautiful view as in '09 but still a great room with a king size bed. Yes, the drawer space is limited
and shower space is limited for amenities. Friends of ours were joining us in a couple of days so we contacted them and they brought down a "shower caddy" to hang over the shower
head to hold shampoo, razor, toys, body wash, etc. I highly recommend taking one.
Our maid did a fantastic job at keeping our room fresh and clean, we tipped her daily. The fridge was stocked everyday with Dos Equis, water and cola. We ordered room service one evening
just after 10:30pm and were very pleased that we could still order off the dinner menu (not late night snack menu) even though we were just past the cut off time. Our food arrived within 30 minutes
and was served under stainless steel domes to keep it hot. We had an issue with our air conditioner not cooling properly but within 20 minutes, after my husband went to the front desk, a maintenance
employee was already working on it and by the time we got back from breakfast it was fixed.

We ate at Il Piacere on three occasions and ordered a lobster off the special menu. It was a nice size around 350g and prepared very nicely, I believe the cost was $45 US which I feel was definitely
worth the price. I didn't care for the house red or white wine, but they do offer a great selection of wines to order at cost which we also enjoyed.
We had breakfast at the El Arrecife which has a nice buffet, fresh fruit, yogurts, cereal and omelette station. We had one evening buffet on Friday for the Tropical theme night, they had a good selection
of food such as Jamaican ribs (not like Jamaica but good), seafood and steaks. Service was awesome.
We enjoyed the show at the Suki teppanyaki grill, the chef did a great job but I personally don't care for the food since it's all cooked together it all tastes the same.
On another evening the four of us we went to Suki but it was full, so we attempted to go back the next evening and again it was full but the server recognized us from the evening prior and asked us to come
back in 20 minutes, when we arrived he had moved the podium by the front entrance and set up a table for us. Fantastic service! This is just one example of the excellent service we received at Desire.
The staff really does go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. It is evident the employees really take pride in their work.

The weather was nice with the exception of the wind. We only spent two days on the beach beds because it was very windy, other guests didn't seem to mind. The resort has done a great job with
widening the beach and it was groomed everyday. You can walk in the ocean as it's quite shallow. My hubby went snorkelling during a couple of afternoons as well. It rained only one day, it was late
afternoon and into the evening so we found something else to do....picked up a bottle of champagne, went to our room and watched a couple of movies, Busta A Nut Sista! LOL. Gotta make the best of
those rainy days, what a crazy afternoon/evening :wink: .

The pool temperature was perfect, just enough to cool you down and not shock your system, lol. We were usually around the pool by 9am and were able to get a couple of loungers from Daniel.
Sylvia does a great job to ensure you don't go thirsty. We enjoyed lunch daily at the buffet where the selection is changed everyday. There is also a salad bar, a grill to order and little ice cream station.
They set up a barbeque on Friday afternoon for the Tropical theme and also entertained the guests with two very attractive dancers and drums players. The ECs co-ordinate daily fun activities around the pool,
if you don't want to play they don't hound you like some other resorts.
One afternoon while lying in the hot sun around the pool, I noticed our travelling companion needed some sunscreen on a sensitive area (a man should never have to self apply) so I offered my assistance,
he seemed to be enjoying the application but I was asked to stop by an employee :roll: However, there are other areas to play at the resort, which were very active, such as the jacuzzi area and the playroom
in which we did partake. I never did get to try the swing and it's on my "to do list" for our next trip.

Approximately half of the guests were dressed for theme nights. Not sure if this is the norm or if it was due to the short notice change in theme nights. There was always some type of entertainment in the
Lounge area until around 10-11:00pm, I really enjoyed the Mother Funkers on Tuesday night, then it was off to the disco to continue the party. There is a discrete security guard in the disco, we didn't notice
him until I (and another lady) were performing oral on our spouses on a bed in the disco 8), since the playroom was completely packed that night, he just politely asked us to stop and gave us a smile. We found
out the hot tub swim-up bar closes at 3:00am and the jacuzzi shower is nothing but cold water. It would be nice if there was an option of a warm shower to freshen up after using the beds and prior to entering
the hot tub.

Overall, we had a fantastic trip! We have been very fortunate to have taken thirteen trips together, my hubby & I both agree this is number two on our list! (it's very difficult to top one's first vacation experience)
The atmosphere is wonderful, the food is good, the service is freaking AMAZING and we met some really great friends that we plan to stay connected with. Looking forward to our next trip to Desire!

Mrs BottomsUp
BottomsUp
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Jan 2022

Postby Play_Dough » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:37 pm

Great trip report Mrs. Bottomsup. I conquer with the experience and staff of the resort. It was also our number two trip...like you said, nothing can beat your first travel experience (AN). I just wish we wouldn't have waited so long to try Desire.
Play_Dough
Desire Fan

Postby goodwitch » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:30 pm

Thanks for the great trip report! "Sounds" like you guys were having fun... :)
goodwitch

Postby Takes2toTango » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:20 am

Thanks so much for the review, two weeks until the four of us arrive. Thanks for tips on PDAs and the disco, wife hates to get scolded!
Desire RM April 2010,
Desire Pearl Jan 2016, Oct 2016, Nov 2019
Takes2toTango
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 15 Jul 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby Dick Cherry » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:55 am

Mrs. Bottomsup (AKA P & P),

(a man should never have to self apply) gave it away. 8)
A & S (GL Braco) Great trip report. I am sure the wife will be contacting you soon by direct email with questions on the theme nights. Glad to hear you guys (including C & T) had a good time. We can hardly wait for our May trip.
Dick Cherry
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2018

Postby daytonswing » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:27 pm

Did you bring your own snorkel equipment?

Thanks for sharing your report!
daytonswing
Desire Convert

Postby Tree_Frogs » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:43 pm

A&S wrote:We can hardly wait for our May trip.

Great trip report Mrs. BottomsUp. :)

Hey A, Chad here... You're going in May, you guys are going to love Desire. It honestly beats what Braco had become in every possible way. We love the friends we meet at Braco but even if we could, we wouldn’t go back! We’re totally hooked on Desire. You walk through those doors and something happens to you. T and I stayed up and partied until 6 am our last night. 6 am never happens... ever! Sex three times a day! :wink:

We’ve been home less than a week and we’re already planning our next trip.
Tree_Frogs
Desire Convert

Postby BottomsUp » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:48 pm

In response to "do you take your own snorkel stuff"... yes I do.

There isnt a whole lot to see inside the sand bagged area, but there are a few fish to entertain your brain. I mostly snorkel to get my butt off the lounger and burn a few calories since the food is soooooo good.

Mr. Bottoms up

P.S

Ya busted us A & S..... lol :wink:
BottomsUp
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 28 Jan 2022

Postby Dick Cherry » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:02 am

Tree_Frogs / BottomsUp

I guess A&S is kind of lame. Need to come up with a better call sign. Maybe on the next trip to Desire we could all travel together. Start our own travel group.
Dick Cherry
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2018

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya