Just returned 11/28

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Just returned 11/28

Postby speedways » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:40 am

:) After five great trips to Desire I have decided that it was time for a report.

We have always gone for two weeks and this trip was no different. Upon arriving at the airport and walking outside our Trans Beach driver was waiting with his sign. No problem, handed him our voucher and off to Desire.

We did the early check in so little time was lost in the lobby. We arrived around 1:00 PM so our room wasn't ready, so off to the lobby bar where others were waiting for their rooms. After a short wait and a few cocktails Argos arrived and gave us our keys and said our luggage was already in the room, perfect. Alberto continued to serve the drinks. Always too many the first day.

Both of us were bitten by various types of bugs so we did have some bites but with a little prep work in the morning and evening no more for the rest of the trip.

Heavy rains before we arrived to Desire so the pond and the streets were full of water. First full day the weather was perfect, blue sky, no clouds, next couple were overcast. The next eleven days coudn't have been any better, hot and sunny.

The hotel staff was great. We never ordered a drink on the beach, Africa took too good care of us. She just kept bringing them until we told her to stop. We never once felt that a tip was required, however we did tip the staff quite often for their service. I don't think it matters if you tip or not, the service is still great.

Carlos and Alberto at the lobby bar, Sylvia and Memo in the restaurant,
CC at the beach bar, and of course Leo, Emillio and Nickki were outstanding as usual.

They have added three new water craft for your enjoyment, all new pool furniture and maybe 15 beach beds. We never had any problem reserving beds as Rene worked it out perfectly. Granted we only reserved the new beds a couple of days as they were closer to the pool,
but we are beach bums so that really isn't a big concern for us. Only a few of the new beds are reserved for the passion suites, as they should be.

We felt the food service was quite good, plenty of selections at each restaurant and the buffet was fine if you were in a hurry to do something else. On a couple of occasions, I ordered only sushi and was no problem to do so.

After diner, off to the lobby bar for some cocktails, always the place to meet others. The entertainment wasn't great but company of new friends was great and that is why we go. You meet so many different people from around the world and we enjoy the diverse conversation.

All in all, we will be back again, same time same place next year.
speedways
Desire Convert

Postby rick&dee » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:57 pm

Thank you for your report. I do have a question since we are beach bums too- where the lounge chairs on the beach readily available or did they have to go out and safe them early in the morning? I really dislike that!
rick&dee
Desire Convert

Postby speedways » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:01 am

:D I have a habit of getting up early, 6:00 AM, so it is no problem to get two lounges for the beach. Just save a couple towels from the day before. Lounges were easily available until 9:00 AM. Many of the lounges were taken as Rene assigned beach beds, but still plenty to choose from. After a week or so of our two week stay the guys who raked the beach started saving two lounges for us, nice.
speedways
Desire Convert

Postby oldseadog » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:41 am

We have never had a problem getting loungers at any time of day.
Just because each beach bed has a couple of loungers in front of it doesn't mean they are part of the beach bed equipment - they're just put like that to look tidy.
oldseadog
Desire Addict

We are from: UK

going down next week

Postby kush.mohan » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:00 pm

It was great to see some positive feedback. My husband and I are traveling to Desire for the first time and were a bit worried based on some of the messages on tripadvisor etc.
Can't wait to relax and meet some nice people.
kush.mohan

Postby rick&dee » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:09 am

Kush.mohan you will have a blast. This forum is where you get the truth about Desire! Enjoy!
rick&dee
Desire Convert

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya