Trip Report July 18-25th 2008 !!!

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Trip Report July 18-25th 2008 !!!

Postby Islandgirl » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:18 pm

Ahhhh, another wonderful trip to Desire & I've been thinking about writing my trip report for a few days now but I knew I would have to wait until I had completed "Re-entry" as I call it!

To help the newbie out I'll give a brief run down of some more familiar things to the veterans.

We arrived in Cancun without a problem. Had pre-book & paid online for transport thru TransBeach (Desire's prefered transport company) for $80 per couple round trip. The only thing different this year is the man holding the sign was not in the yellow and blue uniform, so locating him outside was a tad bit stressful. We had to weave our way through crowds of people yelling over each other to get our attention to take us where we wanted. Finally we followed someone that kept saying TransBeach in broken English & yep, there he was- thank goodness. The drivers were dressed in yellow & blue- just couldn't see them right away like the year before. Note to self- they are there- ignore all the people yelling at us and just find TransBeach!
We arrived after 3pm, so our room was ready- bags taken directly up & we quickly flipped thru what we needed and ran (didn't walk) to the pool---all the while taking in deep breaths as we knew it was time to relax!

The pool was fantastic. The new pool beds are SO COMFORTABLE - LOVED THEM! You can easily fall asleep on them. If you are going to bring your own beach towel- bring a big one because these beds are wider and longer than a regular beach lounge chair. Plently of unbrellas to go around- same as the year before. The food was fantastic, again...same as last year. I've never understood the few postings of guests that complained about the food. It's always left me wondering if they are gormet cooks because we are mostly fish eaters at home and no matter how hard I try, I can't come close to Desires lunches & dinners. They are wonderful!

I suggest to everyone that doesn't drink much in their home life to eat every 3 hours - even if you are not hungry & to keep a full soda or water at all times. It's really helped us from getting "loopy" and not ruining an entire evening by drinking too much during the day.... Note to newbies---pace yourself the first day!!!!! We learned that the hard way our first year!

The roof top jacuzzi was fantastic. The bartenders seemed a bit overwhelmed at times, but that's to be expected when a slew of guest all come up at once. No one seemed to mind waiting a bit here & there. There was a new employee and I can not for the life of me remember his name, but he is deaf and he mostly worked int he jacuzzi area each afternoon/ evening and he is the nicest man! If I needed my bag up high on the shelf, he would get it for me. If I needed a towel, he had one ready for me. One time I got out of the hot tub & was quite chilly (I'm ALWAYS cold! :) ) and I was fidgetting with my towel while trying to get my robe out of my pool bag. My husband was in the rest room & this gentleman came over, pulled out my robe, set my bag aside and held my robe upen and when I went to remove my towel, he looked the other way! When I folded my robe around me he patted my shoulder as if to say, "You'll warm up now, honey." It was an amazingly sweet and caring gesture...almost fatherly. THIS is the kind of service that you can expect at Desire. He was just so sweet and nice to me. (Anyone know his name, please let me know as I would like to send a nice email to mgmnt.).

Okay, Islandgirl...get to the good stuff....... alright--gheesch :D !!!

I was surprised that upon check in we were speciafically told no more PDS on the beach. I'm thinking she meant during the day. I can understand if you are on a beach palapa during the day trying to get a little rest & hearing wild sex next to you may ruin your beachy Zen moment! We did not make it out to the beach during the evenings this trip thankxs to a little hussy named "Hurricaine Dolly"- so I'll have to report on that next time.... but the jacuzzi was all the same.... definetly a sexy place from time to time. Nothing like looking over your shoulder and seeing something "over there" that makes you grin- Gotta love it! Everyone was very respectful and I never noticed anyone gawking- which is not cool-- a glance here & there is fine, but gawking is not classy (info for the newbies). We enjoyed a little time to ourselves up there as well & I loved the curtains on the beds as it gave some privacy, so you were private, yet not private at the same time. Definetly a high point of this trip!

Side note regarding rain--- the outside tile is not very textured. when it gets wet or it's raining- people are dropping like flies! :shock: Be CAREFUL! The day after Dolly came through, half of the guests, me included, looked like we'de been in a bar brawl! Purple elbows, bruised hips and one poor lady had a black eye!

The nightclub was intoxicatingly hot as before. But just as wild and sexy. We tried something new this year- every 10 minutes we went outside, went to the Lobby bar, cooled off & then returned. One time I went to my room and blew my hair dry! We did this over and over & found we ended up staying in the club for much longer because we were not about to drop from heat exhaustion in 30 minutes. Let me know how it works for you if you go that route too. Just another quick note..... if you can hang on... the nightclub cools WAY DOWN late. If you love to dance, hang on to later in the night & you'll have the dance floor almost to yourself & it'll be so much cooler!

The late night pizza at the Lobby bar was perfect as always. Get a couple of them hand made & take them up to your room for a nice wind down to your day.

Can I think of anything negative? Not really. I'm in love with the place- the service was excellent- the surroundings were maintained beautifully and we were made to feel special- again. If I forgot anything it's only because I have not completed "Re-entry" as yet here a week later! Just post what I forgot & I'll type away!
Islandgirl

I agree

Postby MH110 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:47 pm

I agree. The late night pizza is the best. Great trip report. Thanks for posting.

Mike
MH110
Desire Convert

Postby JCnBadboy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:48 am

Oscar.... his name is Oscar. Isnt he just wonderful.. He is so nice. Dont you just love the way...he plays coy, and looks the other way. ha ha.
JCnBadboy
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada

Postby Islandgirl » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:13 am

OSCAR!!! That's right! What a nice man. He was so sweet. I need to send a little note to mgmnt. about him. I hope he still there next summer. Thankxs! :wink:
Islandgirl

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya