Trip Report Jan 25th- 29th 2013

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Trip Report Jan 25th- 29th 2013

Postby Txbkrcpl » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:58 am

We're on the frequent repeaters list to Desire, honestly have lost count of the number of times we've been. The decision to go this time was a bit short notice but this is how I decided I wanted to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and after a really rough year defeating breast cancer my husband was more than happy to oblige. :-)

Airport- nice changes to make things flow a litle smoother. We weren't even hassled on the walk out to meet Transbeach.

Transbeach- The coordinator met us right away (even with our flight arriving 20 mins early and breezing thru customs). Our driver was there within 10 minutes and was very pleasant and helpful.

Check-in was a breeze and the room we requested was ready right away and I love how Jorge and Gustav always remember which room is my favorite. We had made arrangements to renew our vows on the 27th so Daniela had a few details to review with us but that was quick and we quickly out on the beach.

Room: first off I love the remodel details. More storage and more modern feel very nice. The staff had a very nice cake and champagne waiting for us for our anniversary.

Disco: love the new dance floor, much safer, however the dance pole is not safe. Easily tips over and the flooring actually snaps apart. Music choices were great.

Food: everything was good as always but would like a few more options in the Italian restaurant.

Bars: service was great at all. Of course Africa, CeCe, Sylvia. Edwardo and so many more were great as always. My only recommendation would be to always have 2 bartenders in hot tub bar during the evening hours before dinner as the line for drinks could get quite long some evenings.

Ok the reason we went, our vow renewal ceremony. I can not say enough about how ALL of the staff went out of their way to make it so beautiful and special. Daniela had her sister come in and take the photos. We did a photo session prior to the ceremony and she took photos during the ceremony and they are all perfect. The DJ was great, the waiter, etc..there's just too many to name and I know I'd still forget someone. We had dinner on the gazebo after the ceremony and the food, service and attention to detail of all our favorites was incredible.
After dinner we returned to our roon to find a beautiful trail of rose petals with hearts, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, just beautiful and I can't think of a better way for us to celebrate our anniversary.

We met some great people this trip as always but a special thanks to those that helped us celebrate this special occasion. You know who you are. :-)
Now the hard part, the count down to our return on May 11th!!
Txbkrcpl
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 07 May 2014

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya