Newbies TR Feb. 28 to March 5th, 2013

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Newbies TR Feb. 28 to March 5th, 2013

Postby nefuncouple » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:40 pm

For anyone reading this trip report and have not been to Desire and are thinking about it? Stop reading this post right now and book it! :)

Our first trip was amazing and we are already talking about when to return. When we arrived the staff was very helpful and we were in our rooms in less than 15 min. Remember to pre register before you check in, it made the process go very smoothly. Just go to the Desire web site to do this.

Once in your room, drop everything, grab minimal clothing (or none) and head to the pool or ocean front. Remember to say hi to everyone they are all friendly at Desire, you will miss out on the experience if you keep to yourself.

The food was great! We always found something we both liked and never had an issue with this. They have three restaurants enjoy them all! They serve lunch pool side and it has plenty of variety. They have an early breakfast (5:00 am) at the main bar outside the lobby if you can get up that early! After the disco the main bar serves made to order pizza that is out of this world! We did this every night!

Pool side was good but the ocean front was the best for us. Meeting people was easy and the Jacuzzi was the happening place around 4 and again after 10 We met several people at the Jacuzzi and made dinner plans with them then. Conversation was easy and trust me when I say there is no pressure what so ever at Desire. As newbies this was most important to us. You will find all kinds of people at Desire. The crowd was mostly 40 to 5o ish but there were younger and older people too. Many people were from countries other than the USA, try to meet them all! We did and made friends for many years to come.

Disco was great don't feel pressure to dress up in theme, but it does add some fun to the night! I didn't dress up, but she did and it was great.

Room was nice but I'm telling you now, book the cheap one because you will never be in there more than to sleep and play.

Staff was the best I have ever encountered, you need something just ask! We stayed 5 nights and I brought 100.00 in singles and spent it all on tips, although you will get the same service if you don't tip I recommend it.

Grounds are well taken care of and they are updating the rooms one by one. Bug spray is needed if you are easily bitten. The place was scrubbed every night!

The only thing I didn't like at Desire was the noise our suitcase wheels made on the side walk when we were leaving! What a sad sound to hear.............. You will see what I mean now that you have booked your trip!
nefuncouple

We arrive on: 28 Feb 2013

Re: Newbies TR Feb. 28 to March 5th, 2013

Postby Johnny60 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:21 am

Nice trip report and you express a great frame of mind in which to approach the holiday.. glad you had such a blast!
Johnny60

Re: Newbies TR Feb. 28 to March 5th, 2013

Postby Cleavers » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:43 am

Trip reports like these make it a much easier decision to go and a relief that the decision to go was a good one.
Cleavers
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at:  
We arrive on: 16 Jul 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya