Captain Ron's 1st "Clothing Optional" Vacation

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Captain Ron's 1st "Clothing Optional" Vacation

Postby Beachside » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:29 pm

Another Great Adventure - Desire Resort
September 2012

When Captain Ron and Clarise made the decision to visit Desire’s Resort it was a mutual one. With 26 years of marriage behind us, the time was right to explore a new chapter in our lives. For 6 years we have visited the same resort (TTR) in Mexico. Don’t misunderstand, we really enjoy the resort and friends we made there, but we wanted a change. As an average looking couple that eats healthy and stays fit, we were still more than just a little concerned about a “Clothing Optional” vacation.

We do not consider ourselves prudes, nor do we want to be the center of attention, but those who know us would agree that we like to have fun. The thought crossed our minds that “dropping ones pants” in front of a group of people, just might draw attention. This and countless other thoughts raced through our minds as we planned this Great Adventure.

After cautiously sharing our plans with a few friends we received responses that ranged from a quiet “that’s nice”, to a loud “you’re going to the swingers resort!” We can’t even imagine what people were saying behind our backs. While still embarrassed, this was not the first bridge we crossed together and hopefully not the last.

On Our Way

The resort is located south of Cancun and it took about 30 minutes. It was a quiet trip, not by choice. The driver seemed to know as much English as I know Spanish, which would get us food, drinks and a bathroom. He did know “Desire” which he said with a big smile when we first got into the van. Desire Resort is located on a very long private gated road which travels through a marshy area and is shared by several other resorts. You are required to precede through two security check points prior to arriving at the resort. We had the impression that security was not only there to keep people from entering, but to insure that you were not leaving against your will.

At the “Desire” gate, security checked our paperwork and had to “clear” our entrance into the resort. While I waited for them to do their thing, I noticed a list of posted “rules”. I do not recall what they all said, but the first one stuck out, “Do not feed the crocodiles” and I am thinking “really…no shit”. We received the “all clear” and crossed the Desire’ bridge (literally) into the resort.

The Resort

The front entrance appears more like an expensive home than a resort. An attendant took our bags inside the lobby which looked like a large living room. While registering, you are seated in comfortable chairs, drinking Champagne in front of two connected desks. The inside circular stairway to the upstairs “disco” was also accessed from this room. A small cigar and jewelry shop was located in the next room. During registration we were informed that our room was not “ready” so we were invited to use the resort while we waited.

A staff member provided us a quick tour of the grounds. When you walk out lobby patio doors you find yourself standing in the “outside” lobby. This area is the “center” of entertainment in the evening. There is a bar (with pizza and sandwiches) bathrooms, cigar salesman, mini store and a large amount of chairs, tables, and bed swings. This is also the location for entertainment like the band, DJ or any games played.

The resort is really kind of small once you got use to it, but on the first day we were lost. Our tour included a visit to the gym, directions to the upstairs disco, roof top Jacuzzi, three restaurant (all connected) the pool, and the patio lunch area and connecting pool bar area. The resort is set up as a little village with cement walking paths winding around the buildings in a jungle setting. Each guest building has 4 units/rooms, two upper and two lower.

After being accustom to the “hustle and bustle” of other resorts I was beginning to wonder if there was anyone staying here. We had been here for about 30 minutes so far and only seen about 20 guests. Of that, there was only one topless gal sitting at the lobby bar. We figured out later that being completely “nude” is frowned upon in food areas and the lobby, and some type of “cover up” should be used.

The Patio, Pool, and Beach

After our “tour” we had lunch adjacent to the pool on the patio. Lunch is buffet style with waiters who assist with drinks and certain menu items. While “cover ups” are the norm on the food side, not so much at the connecting bar or pool side. I now figured out were a fair number of the guests were occupying their time. Very few had any concerns about getting tanning lotion on their swimming suits.

After lunch we “toured” the beach and discovered it was definitely the “high” rent district. Rooms along this area obviously had great views of the ocean and other amenities. We are not sure that paying the extra is worth it, unless you plan on spending a considerable amount of time in your room. The beach was lined with covered “beds”. Some of these beds can be “reserved” for an extra charge; others come with the rental of certain rooms. We did not inquire on the cost to reserve a beach bed. While walking on the beach at this time we were still in our street clothes, so it made us feel like “creepers” roaming walking past other guests who many were in their birthday suits. Captain Ron also happened to noticed that most people lie on the beds with their feet towards the ocean, which allows for unique views if you happen to glance towards land.

The Cool Breeze

After walking on the beach we were really “hot” now and proceeded directly to the lobby to check on our air conditioned room. The room however was still not yet ready. Clarise decided that it was time for a swim. It was suggested by the staff that we could change into our swimming suits using the bathroom next to the pool. We walked down to the pool and found a place to sit. Pool attendants provide towels and arrange seating for you. Clarise rationed that it was ridiculous to change into swimming suits at a “nude pool”. Captain Ron countered with “What, are you going to do, just strip right here in front of everyone?” Next thing you know, off came Clarise’s top and with a “here goes nothing” her shorts too! There Caption Ron stood, with his shirt, pants, backpack and of course his hat still firmly on.

I realized that we have been in similar types of situations before and it is important that man support his wife with her decisions. So along with the dropping of the backpack, my clothes shared the same fate. I looked around, over the view of my now naked wife. There were about 40 people in the pool area. There were all paired up like waiting for Noah to show up with the Arc. None were pointing, staring, and most importantly laughing. In fact, it appeared as they hardly noticed us. As I stood there for the first time, I felt this strange cool breeze on an area of my body that breezes are not normally felt. As we moved to the pool Clarise asked if I was bringing my hat, “of course” I responded, “a man has his limitations”.

Being naked under these circumstances was definitely a new experience for us. We realized that we were more concerned about us being naked than anyone at that pool. It is not that Captain Ron does not appreciate seeing a naked woman, it is just somehow different. The pool was much less “wild” than our other resort we frequent, both in activity and music. In no time we both found ourselves swimming, relaxing and even reading, all while working on a full body tan.

Pool/Beach Activity

The resort does have an ‘Entertainment Group” that “leads” activities like volley ball (pool and beach), pool side contests, and for some reason “ping pong” is a hot topic. This might be because it seemed that everyone who played, was naked. As I mentioned previously, the interaction between the guests was a lot less “wild” and more reserved than we were accustom too. We have been told that this could be different depending on the week and if a “group” was occupying the resort. Captain Ron did find himself “distracted” from his book on a few occasion. My recommendation for the ladies is not to bend over at the waist to look for items in your beach bag or when approaching another guest who is sitting on a lounger, sit down next to them for the purpose of engaging in a conversation. These situations tend to cause one to lose their place in the book one might be reading.

Evening Activities

At night, everyone gets nicely dress up for dinner. Elegant resort dress is expected when dining at ll Piacere and Suki which includes slacks, shirts and shoes for men, dresses or pantsuits for women. It is at this time that many of the women are wearing very sexy outfits. It was not uncommon to see some people change clothes (dinner, theme night, and casual) three times in a night. The resort has some form of entertainment each night by the lobby bar. This might include a DJ, live music or in one case a very large (riding bull style) blow up “penis” that Clarise handled quite well I might add.

The resort also has “other” entertainment displays depending on the night’s theme. For example there was Tequila tasting one night, Fruity rum drinks made from scratch, vendors selling everything from Cigars to jewelry and clothing wear. Each night there is a “theme” night that about 50% of the guests participate in. It appears that there is some confusion with many of the guest about theme nights.

The “Disco” is a well-attended event that “opens” following the official resort entertainment. Some guests dress to impress while others wear more comfortable clothes. Both ways, the music is loud and the action is “hot”. The disco itself does have air conditioning and there is an adjacent smoking deck.

Public Displays of Sex

We did not observe any real “Public Displays of Sex” during our 5 day stay, outside of the “playroom” or rooftop “hot tub”. The “playroom” is adjacent to the upstairs disco. While we did not go into the “playroom” Captain Ron did notice from the door a “little action” going on inside….the playroom.

Both the “playroom” and “hot tub” require that “couples” must be together in order to enter these areas. The roof top “hot tub” has an adjacent bar and fair number of “beds” and chairs. While visiting this area we did observe a few PDS taking place. Sorry to say for the most of the guys these PDS did not seem to last very long. There was one particular couple who came to the “hot tub” in full swimming suits (this was acceptable). After a few drinks and the wife teasing her husband, they started systematically losing their suits until naked and he became “very frustrated”. The wife however appeared very pleased with herself. This activity continued until they both just about ran down the stairs, half naked, frustrated back to their room. We did not see them the rest of the night.

Overview

We found the resort to be very clean and the staff was very attentive. It appeared that the staff is well treated by both the employer and guests alike. We were somewhat confused over the etiquette regarding “tipping”. It was not clear when “tipping” was proper. The late night “made to order” pizzas and grilled sandwiches at the “Lobby Bar” were in high demand each night. Guests were very friendly, and not in a creepy way, we never felt that they would “force” themselves on you.

In short would we return, absolutely!

Captain Ron and Clarise
Last edited by Beachside on Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Captain Ron and Clarise" will be visiting the world!
Beachside
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 13 Sep 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS and Kasidie

Re: Captain Ron's 1st "Clothing Optional" Vacation

Postby realtom540 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:01 pm

Very Nice trip report. May seems like such a long way off. Your report makes us that much more impatient to go find out for ourselves.

Thanks
realtom540

Postby tan44 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:07 pm

Great detailed report with subtle humor.
Thank you.
Kik : cancunx
tan44
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada

Postby Johnny60 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:21 am

Nice report Captain Ron & Clarise... thanks for taking the time to write such a thorough and humorous report.. you have an eye for detail! Glad you enjoyed the trip...
Johnny60

Postby Beachside » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:48 pm

We thank you Mates for the very nice comments! We just tried to cover concerns we believed new guests to Desire might have. Remember the Caribbean is the land of voodoo, hoodoo and all kinda weird shit....Captain Ron
Beachside
Desire Fan

Postby Cali_desire_cpl » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Great review from a first timer's perspective!

"for some reason “ping pong” is a hot topic. This might be because it seemed that everyone who played, was naked."....LOL

The "ping pong" topic that is "hot" relates to naughty games played using ping pong ball in the hot tub, not on the tables by the pool....lol
Cali_desire_cpl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2013

Postby Beachside » Sun May 12, 2013 3:12 pm

:shock: That maybe true...but the two gals playing table top ping pong seemed to really get into it, swinging and jumping and such. lol
Beachside
Desire Fan

Postby DaveM » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:26 am

That's a superb report Captain Ron and Clarise. It seems a really great adventurous vacation..
DaveM

Postby Hector » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:40 am

An interesting angle of looking at things at Desire.
Hector
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya