Newby trip report March 23-29, 2013

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Newby trip report March 23-29, 2013

Postby BeachCouple2014 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:45 am

We just wanted to take a moment to write a brief trip report for our recent trip to Desire RM. We booked our room through Desire and took the free airport transfer. Our airport pickup went smoothly and we were greeted by name with a driver and a van with no other passengers.

We booked an ocean front room for our first rip and were very happy we did. Although the room itself was not that great, probably about a three star, the room was small, a little rustic, and had a very small shower and a single sink with no other vanity for the Mrs. To do her beautification☺ However, we did have a semi private balcony, shared by our next door neighbors, which we absolutely loved. The room was right on the beach from which we could literally throw a rock into the ocean from our balcony, it was that close. It was a second floor room, which we requested, and were glad we did. I don’t know if I’d recommend a ground floor level room on the beach because it appeared from our perspective that the beach beds would obscure the view to the beach from those rooms. We really enjoyed our balcony with mornings and evenings naked and either having drinks or breakfast with the ocean in full view. Loved it. The room had a hotel style 4 cup coffee pot, which used coffee packets, for those coffee fans like ourselves. It also had an ihome radio/speaker combo for those like us who enjoy our music everywhere. The fridge was stocked well each day and the cleanliness and service in our room was very good. I have to say that previous trip reports are correct. The service and the people working at the resort really are incredible.

As for the beach beds, they’re amazing by the way, we tipped the beachbed/chair concierge well the first day and he actually sought us out to ensure our bed request each day for the rest of our stay. Once again, impeccable service.

The pool and pool games were nice but we chose to spend a lot of one on one time naked on the beach and around the resort so we didn’t partake in much of those activities since they were mostly individual games. We tend to be a little on the introverted side and were really hoping for more guest interaction type games around the resort to get us interacting with the other guests. Anything interactive would be nice from pass the orange around the group to guess your wife/husbands body with a blindfold. The shows and contests in the evening were very entertaining as well, but again, we would have better enjoyed some guest interaction/ice breaking games to get guests getting to know each other better. The guests were a lot of fun were very attractive, to our pleasant surprise, but from our perspective a lot of couples stayed to themselves.

The disco was a lot of fun as was the dancing at the hot tub during the foam party, but the sin room was very small, it was long and narrow, I would estimate about 12’X30’ and the door to the disco opened within a couple of feet of the play area so we were a little bothered by the loud music pumping in every few seconds when someone walked in the door. A larger area would be great, but we understand that the hot tub area is the main play area with a lot more space for interaction.

The food at the restaurants was good, but we were disappointed in the additional upgrade prices for a lot of the meals. The ambiance was great, as was the service and everything we ate was very good. The wine choices were a little disappointing, they actually had a good wine selection, but all wines with the exception of the house wines were an additional charge, and a very high additional charge I might add. A good wine that I pay $40 for at home was $140. Ouch. Thankfully their house wines were actually pretty good so we stuck with those for most of our meals. Drinks were the same way. Most drinks were included, but anything special like a bloody Mary or red bull and vodka were an additional charge.

The gym, or workout room was enough to get the job done, but it was very small. It had two treadmills, one was broken, and a few machines to cover the bases. We tried to run on the beach but the adjacent resorts don’t clean their beach like Desire does so it was tough to run very far due to obstacles on the sand.

The guests were a lot of fun. We met some really nice people and hope to see them again on future visits. People seemed like they were really open to and interested in having a good time and letting themselves go a little.

Overall we had an amazing time at Desire. We’re in the process of booking our return trip as I write this. The things that made it unique and amazing are the overall feel of the resort, the openness of being able to be naked is really liberating, and the level of service we got throughout our stay.

Some changes we would like to see would be greater guest interaction or guest games. Some guests, like us, need an excuse to walk right up to someone and start up a conversation. With the constant turnover of guests coming and going at different intervals it’s tough to try to get to know other guests over time. A lot of that falls on us to improve ourselves but we noticed other couples with the same issue. I think we’ll work on being a lot more proactive about meeting other guests next time as well.

Overall we had a great time and will definitely be back. We have reservations for July 10th:-)

BnM
BeachCouple2014
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 07 Apr 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, SDC

Re: Newby trip report March 23-29, 2013

Postby miranda » Sun May 19, 2013 11:23 am

Wonderful trip report! You sound a lot like us - a little more reserved and introverted. Having said that, though, we do partake in the activities on the beach and pool, water aerobics, beach volley ball, corn hole, horseshoes, etc. Those are a great way to meet folks. Glad to hear you had a great time and are planning your next trip. We can't wait to book ours!
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya