June 28 - July 5, 2013

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Re: June 28 - July 5, 2013

Postby Beachside » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:18 pm

Very nice review. never read a daily updated review before. Very Nice!! :L
"Captain Ron and Clarise" will be visiting the world!
Beachside
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 13 Sep 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS and Kasidie

Postby JandH » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:03 pm

Presently suffering from moderate to severe alcohol poisoning.

The foam party was postponed until Thursday due to some weather issues. Yesterday it rained on and off all day. Still had plenty of sun though, and aside from the foam party issue, it didn't dampen our spirits. No pun intended.

Several couples that we had become friends with left yesterday, but several that we had conversed with over the internet showed up.

Some friends brought over a bottle of some sort of special tequila which I noticed this morning was all but dry. No surprise on why I feel so bad this morning.

Instead of the foam party, I believe that the theme for the evening was "dress to impress" or something like that. Everyone did, and the women looked incredible.

We ate at the buffet and I had them concoct me a burrito out of carne asada. It was delicious. As always, Jean had the Crème brullet (sp?) for desert and enjoyed her meal.

The disco was hopping until at least 1:30 when we called it a night.

The skies are presently overcast and it is quite breezy. This made me feel a little better about sleeping until close to noon.

Alright, gotta get moving. Until next time . . .
JandH
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2019

Postby eastcoasttexans » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:30 pm

Harv, great to meet you and J. Can you do me a favor, can you get Elier's and Black Magic's Email and PM it to us please. I'll buy you a shot next year. P.S. The miss's misses you :-@
eastcoasttexans
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 28 Jun 2017

Postby JandH » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:01 am

eastcoasttexans wrote:Harv, great to meet you and J. Can you do me a favor, can you get Elier's and Black Magic's Email and PM it to us please. I'll buy you a shot next year. P.S. The miss's misses you :-@

Will do. Miss y'all already too!
JandH
Desire Addict

Postby JandH » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:15 am

Yesterday remained pretty much overcast and windy all day. Despite that, we had an awesome day here at Desire.

We spent most of the afternoon parked with some friends in the sitting area by the lobby bar. Again, consumed way too much tequila then went back to the room for some fun. Then up to the hot tub which was very crowded.

By the way, in my opinion the hot tub temp has been consistently good all week. Not too hot or too cold.

We wanted to eat at the Japanese restaurant last night but they were apparently very full. We had a table of 8 so they couldn't just slip us in. They seated us in the buffet restaurant and we all ordered off of the Japanese menu, which they were more than pleased to accommodate. The curry beef over rice was delicious as were the spring rolls and sushi.

Theme night at the disco was lingere'. Very nice.

This morning they delivered eggs benedict again in addition to bagels, salmon, capers, cream cheese and onions. Really nice breakfast.

As is always said, it is the people that makes this place what it is. Despite the weather, we had one of the funnest days ever at desire.

This is our last full day, and it is overcast again. Hopefully that's a good omen for what will unfold today!
JandH
Desire Addict

Postby Miacpl30 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:11 am

Jello is a great idea. Need to remember for labor day with ynots
SDC/Kasidie--miacpl30
Miacpl30
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sdc kasidie

Postby JandH » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:37 pm

Miacpl30 wrote:Jello is a great idea. Need to remember for labor day with ynots

Yeah, had them prepared again today, but the Mrs. is not feeling well and I'm not going to go up there feeling like a single creep. Trying to decide how to make sure they're not wasted.

Edit: I went up there because I had left my flip flops and just asked the bartender to get them and hand them out. We'll see what happens.
JandH
Desire Addict

Postby JandH » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:30 am

. . . . and just like that, we're home again. Sorry for the delay in closing this thing up, but my post departing depression has prevented me from visiting the site, or doing much of anything else for that matter.

Sweet J had a little too much fun on Wednesday so Thursday, our last full day, was pretty slow. We mainly hung out by the beach and pool during the day and J was unable to go to the hottub.

I'm not sure if the bartender ever did get the jello shooters up to the hottub for happy hour, and ironically, one of the desert the buffet at dinner had red white and blue liquor gelatin.

The foam party was again cancelled on Thursday due to weather, so we can't report on that.

Friday was the normal leaving day. Packed did a few more shots of tequila and said our goodbyes. Quick trip back to the airport and breezed through security.

All in all it was a fantastic trip. The people were great. The room was nice, and the grounds were immaculate. The service from everyone on the staff was beyond anyone's realistic expectations.

We did suffer from some bug bites but it wasn't the end of the world. After the first day, we didn't experience any new problems with them, but J did look like she had the measles on the areas that were exposed while she slept on the beach bed. Also ants would get into any food left out, but again no big deal. Just don't leave food out in your room and you'll be fine.

The shower temp did fluctuate, but this was also only a slight annoyance.

With regard to whether the expense of a Passion Suite is worth it, I would say no. Unfortunately, once you stay in one, you can't go back to a regular ocean front. So I would say just do the ocean front and stay a few extra days.

To everyone that we met, thank you for making our vacation one of the best ever. We have a yahoo group for those of us that were there if anyone is interested. Just PM me and I'll send an invite.

If you've gotten this far, you have too much time on your hands, but thanks for reading.
JandH
Desire Addict

Postby Beachside » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:51 pm

Just waiting for our turn...thanks for the report.
"Captain Ron and Clarise" will be visiting the world!
Beachside
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 13 Sep 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS and Kasidie

Postby Mr_big60564 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:52 pm

H,

It was great to meet you and J at Desire. We are having a list post trip depression as well. I will post a trip report as well.

In terms of the bugs, we arrived two days after you and did not really use the beach beds and got basically zero big bites, so chalk it up to timing and/or the beds. But like you said, it was a great trip either way!

Mike
Mr_big60564
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 30 Nov 2020

Postby Eroticdesires » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi H,

It was great to meet you and your lovely wife last week and will be posting our TR soon.

cheers,

Dlee

ps. sent you a pm
Eroticdesires
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 20 Feb 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Previous

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya