June 29th to July 3rd- How I Learned to Fly-Desire Style

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

June 29th to July 3rd- How I Learned to Fly-Desire Style

Postby Eroticdesires » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Desire RM 2013 June 29- July 3rd.

Our 4th trip to Desire RM may have been our best yet. We did a split week staying at Desire RM for the first four days and the next three at the Pearl. This report will only cover the Desire RM portion of the trip as I will also post a separate trip report in the Pearl section of this forum. Please be wary that my reports tend run a bit longer than most, but hopefully there may be some tidbits of useful information about the resorts as I try to stay sober enough to remember the details of the day. I must also apologize in advance for the use of initials in the report as it makes for choppy reading at times. I only use real names for the staff and try to keep the identity of guests anonymous as I have not asked their permission to be included in this report.

Saturday, June 29th

We boarded our 1am flight with hopes that we would sleep for most of the 5 hours that it would take to reach Mexico City. When we arrived, we had to go through the immigration line, transfer our checked in bags, hit the stoplight button and then find our gate for the second leg of the flight to Cancun. Overall, not too difficult, but it could be a bit daunting for someone new to the procedures and the unfamiliar terminals. Our next flight landed in Cancun at 11:30am, got to our luggage and transport quickly and arrived to the Desire security gates within the hour.

We were greeted by Arcos at the front entrance and breezed through the check in process. Our room was ready so Luis grabbed our bags and brought us to room 1401. We liked the updated room décor and although we requested a 2nd floor room near the lobby and disco, we were happy with the location as it was central to everything we like about Desire. This was the first time we had a ground floor and we enjoyed not having to stumble up and down stairs, especially the wife in her 5inch heels. We also found the first floor rooms very quiet, never hearing a peep from our neighbors. The only caveat may be during strong downpours as we experienced some ceiling leakage and at times the water was precariously close to overflowing our front threshold step. It is highly recommended to never leave anything on the floor that you want to keep dry.

There was plenty of drawer space and storage and lots of light switches to figure out. The remote AC worked well, our setting were 26 Celsius for sleep, 24C during the day and 22C when there were more than two of us in the room. The shower/tub combo did not have great water pressure but there was a handi-access rail in the bath (I hope we are still coming to Desire when I really need to use that rail). The rooms do have some strange pillars at the foot of the bed. I don’t think they are just decorative, but needed as structural supports for the building as they are solid concrete. I soon discovered they obstructed the television viewing from most of the bed, but they were extremely useful for leverage during sex. We may have to specifically request a ground floor unit in the future for this most useful feature.

After unpacking most of our clothes and toiletries, we proceeded to lunch. They had set up a charcoal grill near the beach side of the restaurant that had cooked to order fish, flank steaks, chicken legs and burgers. Almost immediately, H of JandH came over to introduce himself as he enjoyed reading my previous trip reports to this very forum. I’m not sure how he recognized me, but I assumed he made an educated guess based on clues in my previous submissions and my noted arrival date. After a satisfying lunch, we headed to CiCi’s beach bar, note to self that CiCi’s day off is Saturday. Abrahan, her replacement for the day filled in admirably and my wife and I were on the way to full Desire immersion as we drank cocktails while the soothing ocean breezes danced over our naked bodies.

Perhaps it was the long day of travel or the quickly consumed alcohol, but we soon found ourselves in a deep sleep on the beach bed. We awoke to a cold chill in the air as the warmth of the sun was waning. We decided to head to the warming waters of the Jacuzzi lounge to recover. I always feel a bit of giddy excitement as I walk up those long steps to the lounge. The anticipation of unknown pleasures and good times await as you ascend closer and closer.

Our gear was stowed in the newly located cubbies that is directly ahead of you when you reach the top steps, instead of the backside of the wall of the bathrooms which now has a large floor to ceiling mirror. There is a nice lounge sofa set next to them which is a great vantage point if you want to watch guests trying to find the cubbies, but end up running into the large mirror.

We saw a few familiar faces of guests from our previous trips and the Desire staff seems to be a constant. My wife’s favorite bartender Carlos (or is it Carlos’s favorite wife) was working the lounge and was overjoyed to see us (mostly her). Feeling warm again, we continued drinking our Desire drink of choice, Don Julio Reposado (Tequila). Usually we take shots or sip it from a shot glass or if we are thirsty we order it mixed with Fresca. If we stick with this regimen of Don Julio with a glass of water added in alternately, we find that we stay well hydrated and never have hangovers. I think it is when you have too many sugary drinks and not enough water that causes your body to react negatively. However, everyone has their own method to the madness. We were actually admonished by a woman for mixing Don Julio with Fresca claiming that we were ruining it. Another guy said we needed to drink the entire shot of tequila as sipping it would lessen the effect. Given that these two seemed to be professional drunks, there may be validity to their claims, but we will stick with what works for us.

This is our 4th trip to RM, so we are finding it more difficult to place names with faces and circumstances of meeting. Every guest has two basic different looks that you really need to recognize, their daytime beach/pool look and their night time lobby bar/disco look. Then you throw in their various stages of being intoxicated, add in a different theme costume/dress and of course you need to factor in your own state of inebriation, which adds a whole new layer of complexity. In short, don't take it personally when someone doesn't remember your name despite meeting them several times.

We left the Jacuzzi around 7pm with a very strong buzz and had our second nap/pass out for the day as we got back to the room, we did manage to wake up for dinner and made it to buffet in the outdoor restaurant for Italian night. Dinner consisted of some flank steak, fish, and pastas, definitely just a meal of convenience. Pacing yourself on the first day is probably the most difficult due to travel weariness and the excitement of actually being at your favorite getaway.

As we finished dinner at 10pm, a light rain had started so the circus show was moved up to the disco. The show was entertaining, but we found it distracting that a few couples at the bar was chatting away loudly during the performance and often raised their voices, oblivious to the fact that most guests were there to watch the performances not to hear about their plans to drink to excess. When someone is performing physically demanding feats, concentration and focus is essential. In my head, I wanted to tell them to shut the f&#k up, but knowing I was seeing the drunk version of them, I gave them some leeway, making a mental note of their plastered night time look so we could avoid them in the future.

After the show we made a quick escape back to room to change for the theme night of leather and lace. We typically have theme costumes for every night as I am meticulous about preparing for our annual Desire trips, however depending on how we are feeling; sometimes we forego the costumes and just enjoy the night dressed in our dinner clothes. We do love the very cool new dance floor that reflects upwards, someone brilliant has designed the floor to detect women without panties. I'm guessing that more than half of the women at Desire do not wear panties to the disco in my brief survey; however my data collection will be ongoing as I need a much larger sample size.

We spent most of our time in the disco around the bar area as my wife’s stiletto heels were not ideal for the dancing or even standing. We chatted with a very nice couple from Tennessee (G&S) and both the wife and I found them very attractive. We tend to be very passive and maybe even cautious in approaching other couples about being in the lifestyle. Desire is the ideal place to make friends for laughs, conversation, or sometimes more. It is rare that we will be intimate with another couple on a first meeting as we like to take our time and make sure everyone is on the same page. Not that we have a set formula, but we enjoy a leisurely chat, perhaps share lunch or make dinner plans if we really like them. Spend time with them in the disco having drinks or dancing. It’s similar to dating and you know there is definite interest to take things further when you reach the kissing stage. If you want to avoid disaster, always let the women set the pace and only follow the pace of the slowest runner so no one gets left behind.

Lifestyle tip: If the kissing is hot, then everything else to follow is usually just as good.

We left the disco around 1pm and decided to head to the lobby bar as we felt the need to indulge with a BLT and some pizza. We met a very fun couple, B&B from Houston and a few of their friends from Texas and enjoyed the conversations and drinks for another hour or two before heading off to bed. Overall a very solid first day of good weather, meeting new friends and renewing old friendship; it feels good to be home.

Sunday, June 30th

We were awakened at 8:30am by the beverage guy to wanting to refill our fridge, guess we forgot to put up the do not disturb sign. We also found that housekeeping does seem to clean your room a lot faster if you use the door hanger indicating you need service. We tried to sleep a bit longer, but my urge to start our first full day was overwhelming so I headed to the lobby for my cappuccino and then over to the buffet restaurant to get a green juice to go for my wife. On the way back to the room, I went to find Rene and reserved a beach bed near CiCi's bar.

After getting ready for the day, applying a generous portion of sunscreen and gathering our beach stuff, we headed out to the beach bed. Instead of breakfast we started the day with a batch CiCi’s Bloody Marys. The water was looking a bit murky due to the rain and runoff from previous days and the sun was feeling strong. I had brought my snorkel gear, but today would not be a good day for that activity. After enjoying a few hours of total relaxation, we headed to lunch around 1pm and saw JandH who invited us to join them. H was again very complimentary about my writing style so hopefully he enjoys this year’s installment. I asked the server behind the counter to make me a chicken club sandwich which was delicious.

Finishing lunch, my wife had a massage at scheduled for 2pm so she headed back to the room to get ready. I decided to spend most of the afternoon at CiCi’s bar. This is my favorite spot on the resort during the day as I enjoy the relaxing ocean views, the gentle breezes, and the delicious Desire libations. Of course, I never pass up the chance to spend time conversing with CiCi who is one of the sweetest women you will ever meet. My wife enjoyed her back and neck massage with her male masseur, but it was not spectacular.

As the day was getting a bit chilly, we decided to warm up at the Jacuzzi around 4pm. We spent the next few hours soaking and chatting in the soothing waters with some of the gorgeous couples on the resort. G&S, our new friends from Tennessee, R&T, a western European couple that still gives my wife goose bumps when we are in their proximity and B&N, a new couple we met the previous night from Georgia. When we finally left the lounge, we didn’t have specific dinner plans, but ended up arriving at the white restaurant at the same time as G&S. My wife doesn’t believe in a lot of preplanning when it comes to meeting other couples, she thinks that whatever happens is fated to happen. I, on the other hand like to help things along by being at the right place at the right time (referred in a previous trip report by me as mildly stalking).

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner companions and the food was delicious, especially the mushroom tagliatelle (orgasmic!). Dinner was not completed until after 10pm so we went directly to the disco for another Cirque type show. It was too late to change into our Studio 54 theme costumes so we just stayed in the disco and danced the night away with G&S. We had an incredible time connecting with this very hot couple and the kissing was fantastic as was everything else that followed.

After a very enjoyable night, we got a bit of a second wind and headed back out to the lobby bar for a snack and nightcap around 2pm. BLTs and cocktails were consumed and we had a great time chatting with J&W from Portland. We had briefly met them last year when they visited from Pearl in the evenings. W insisted they get some pictures of the raccoons for their daughter. Unbeknownst to J, the raccoons expect to be fed if you approach them and when you don’t have any pizza to give them, they tend to go into attack mode. The pictures started as a cute raccoon family, but soon turned into a ravenous gang of wild animals often seen on shows like “When Predators Attack,” J even captured a short video where the raccoons got on their hind legs to impose an even more frightening assault stance. It was truly a quintessential late night lobby bar experience. We didn’t feel the need to play “Last Man Standing” tonight so we headed to bed around 4am leaving a few stragglers behind to claim the coveted crown.

A note about mosquitos: They were out in force this year as reported in many other recent trip reports, even a healthy dose of Deep Forest Off was not effective in keeping them away. My wife who usually doesn’t get bit at all seemed to be attracting them in droves, but I was only mildly attacked. The lobby bar is the worst place for mosquitos, but we even encountered them inside the restaurants and in our room. I was told that a mixture of coconut oil and peppermint extract oil is an effective natural deterrent as the smell of Deet tends to keep away more than mosquitos.

A note about coconut oil: Do yourselves a favor and get a large tub from Costco or Amazon, then Google the astounding number of uses, even outside of the bedroom.

Monday, July 1 (Canada day) :CAN

I woke up at 8 am and did my normal coffee and juice ritual. My wife actually made it to the 10:30am boot camp fitness class. As I watched her exercising at the gazebo, I thought she was working way too hard for someone on vacation and for someone that doesn’t normally doesn’t do boot camp type classes. The waters seem calm and clear so I did a bit of snorkeling. Although there wasn’t many fish in the water, I did enjoy seeing the underwater perspective of Desire. Slivers of light dancing through the water and the harmonious movements of the underwater kelp swaying to the gentle waves were very serene and calming.

I am not a huge fan of direct hot sun and prefer partly cloudy days with gentle breezes. The weather has actually been ideal for me, but it has been a bit windier than past trips with occasional gusts hitting 30 mph especially in the evening and late at night. I actually found Mother Nature ravishing my body quite enjoyable.

Since our breakfast consisted of Bloody Marys again, we did go to lunch at noon and invited our friends from the Great State of Tennessee to join us when we saw them in the grill area. We ordered deli sandwiches from the table placards (Mexicano Steak Sandwich and Caprese) which were very good and a change of pace from the typical grilled items. After good food and even better company, we opted to head back to our beach bed for more relaxation. Later in the day, I convinced my wife to snorkel with me, but the waves were no longer calm and the water a bit murky. It was not as nice snorkeling in the afternoon, especially when my wife was bitten, most likely by a jellyfish on the side of her breast. We headed back to the room so I could suck out the venom, which seemed to be less messy than the alternative jellyfish sting treatment. The soothing suckling led to some amazing afternoon delight and a much needed nap before dinner.

We had a reservation at Suki for teppanyaki at 7:30pm. Our dinner mates who were to join us thought their reservation was at 8pm so we dined alone at the grill. We did rush through dinner due to mosquitos/gnats hovering over my wife’s head through most of the 45 minutes we were there, ewww! After dinner, we sat at the lobby bar for a bit before heading to the room to change for naughty school girl theme. Eventually we did meet up again with G&S in the lobby bar before going up to the disco for the stripper show.

Our Georgia friend, B. of B&N was chosen as the lucky male to receive a very hot lap dance. Another randy older woman, who was totally fun and a great sport was chosen to receive the attentions of the male stripper which got the crowd roaring with excitement. As a climax, the male and female stripper chose my wife as the object of their desire for their finale performance. As she reluctantly went with them to the center of the dance floor, they proceeded to seductively strip her naked and began to perform simulated sex acts all over her body. I really couldn’t describe in words how proud and lucky I felt at that moment to be married to such a gorgeous wife. As she staggered back to me after the surreal experience, it really did take a few minutes for her to come back to reality. Many drinks were then consumed, including some fun body shots. The women were extremely hot dancing together and the disco had an amazing vibe that night. I really wouldn’t mind if it was naughty school girl theme every night as so many men and women participated and they all looked amazingly hot. We continued the night with G&S with more hot dancing both with just the girls and then with each other’s wives. The kissing was amazing…

After a wonderful night, we went back out to the lobby bar around 3am. Ate some BLTs and chatted with Carlos as a rainstorm hit the resort. The rain gave us a reason to reclaim our “Last man Standing Status.” I always tell my wife that we can usually outlast everyone due to our West Coast time difference as we have a 2 hour advantage over most other guests. Then she reminds me that may work for the first night, but doesn’t really apply 3 days into the trip. Nevertheless, I will take any tiny mental edge I can in order to win a fictitious contest that no one else at the bar knows that they are competing in. The rain was still pouring down at 5am so Carlos got security to bring us an umbrella so we wouldn’t be drenched as we walked the 30 steps to our room. I am happy to report that we were sole survivors that night, there was still another guy at the bar, but he doesn’t really count as he was just an early riser. Furthermore, because this is Desire, last man standing should be played as a couple which means you wife must really love you to stay out all night in a mosquito infested bar during a torrential downpour.

Tuesday, July 2nd

I surprisingly woke up early again and got our morning beverages. My wife was too sore to go work out again so we had breakfast instead. Another day at the beach beds was short lived as intermittent rains drove us to back to our room. We tried to make it to the lobby to say goodbye to our Tennessee friends as it was their departure day, but had apparently just missed them. We decided to stay in the lobby area to journal a bit so I wouldn’t have to solely rely on my memory for this report. After jotting down some notes we went to the Jacuzzi lounge and sat on dry a lounge sofa near the cubbies, but only stayed a short while. We went back to room for some afternoon delight and a very delicious nap.

Mexican night dinner started at 6:30pm and we purposely skipped lunch so we would be able to enjoy more Al Pastor tacos. We are happy to report that the food is muy auténtico. We also enjoyed the pasta from the White Restaurant so much the previous night, we asked them to bring us a plate of it to the buffet restaurant, which they were more than happy to accommodate. After dinner we talked to a couple, D&M that lived close to us in the Northern California area. It was their first trip to a clothing optional resort and it may actually have been their first trip together as a couple. We gave them a few pointers about the unwritten Desire schedule so they could choose to follow the crowd or avoid them if necessary.

Since the Foam Party was canceled due to rain, the impromptu theme was dress to impress; my wife wore a silver black corset to disco. I think the crowd was a bit disappointed from the wet weather especially since there was a lot of hype about how much fun dancing naked in foam could be. We did spend some time with each other in the playroom which is always fun to be a bit of an exhibitionist. When we finally emerged, the disco seemed to be a bit quiet so we decided to head to the Jacuzzi lounge. We were greeted by Carlos at the bar; we decided to stay on the dry side of the lounge for a bit. Being high up on the resort the wind gusts were almost howling at the end of the bar closet to the ocean. The wind felt incredible. Many of you can visualize the scene in Titanic when Leonardo screams out the phrase, “King of the World.” As I disrobed and stood close to the terrace edge, I held my hands to my side, slightly away from my body in a relaxed state. I closed my eyes and felt the gusts of wind push against every part of naked body. The only way to describe what I felt would be nude flying or skydiving. Perhaps it was the good buzz I had going or maybe it was just the ideal conditions, but that was one of the best feelings I ever had being naked that didn’t involve any sexual thought or action. I can imagine my wife rolling her eyes at me, as I yelled out “I’m f%*king flying!”

After encouraging a few fellow guests and Carlos to go flying with me, my wife said it was time to get wet. We enjoyed a relaxing soak and had a very enjoyable time hanging out with B&B from Houston. Finishing the night we headed back out to the lobby bar with intentions to only eat only half of a pizza. The bacon pineapple pizza was amazing and we consumed that entire pizza faster than a ravenous pack of raccoons. I am usually apprehensive when Maricela isn’t making pizzas, but I have to say Alfredo may be the new pizza master, he has the perfect ratio of topping and cheesy goodness on a perfect crust. We reached multiple orgasmic pizza bliss several times before our bed beckoned us at 4am.

Naked Flying tips: Find a very strong consistent breeze, get naked, close your eyes and relax. Drink tequila for added effect.

Wednesday, July 3rd, moving day to Pearl

Woke up to a leaking roof at 8:30am, got towels under the leak and began to pack. The strong rains pelted the resort until around 10am. We ate breakfast after packing, and then went to lobby to checkout. It was a bit bittersweet to be leaving only after 4 days, but we were definitely looking forward to our next leg of our hedonistic journey and if Pearl was not to our liking, a 25 minute taxi ride would not be so bad. We did also want to experience the foam party so we would try our best to return when it took place. Our bags were picked up from the room and we said our final goodbyes. A couple we had met the previous year had expressed interest in visiting Pearl so we invited them to catch a ride over with us. As we left the resort, emotions were mixed as we headed into a new adventure…to be continued.

I will try to complete the Pearl Trip in a few days and post it in the appropriate section of the forum.
Eroticdesires
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 20 Feb 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Re: June 29th to July 3rd- How I Learned to Fly-Desire Style

Postby fun4us » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:00 pm

Great trip review, looking forward to part 2....
fun4us
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 03 Aug 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Cafe Desire

Postby KC_Couple » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:11 pm

Wow fantastic trip review. Reading this makes the three week wait for our inaugural trip unbearable.
KC_Couple
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 31 Jul 2015

Postby Gemini Rose » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:54 am

Loved your report! Especially the part about the panties and disco floor :wink: :wink:
Gemini Rose and Cowboy
Gemini Rose
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 11 May 2019

Postby Powderfinger » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:15 am

You always give great trip report, can't wait to see Pearl's!
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby JandH » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:23 am

Great report as always!
JandH
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2019

Postby Beachside » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:01 pm

:L
"Captain Ron and Clarise" will be visiting the world!
Beachside
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 13 Sep 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS and Kasidie

Postby Eroticdesires » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:59 pm

I wanted to post these pictures in the report, but didn't have time to link them initially.

Love those Pillars 1401@RM

Room 1401@RM

Bathroom 1401@RM
Eroticdesires
Desire Devotee

Postby westcpl » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:21 pm

Thanks for the pics!! What style room was that? It looks like a very nice one.
Temp Baja 2011
Temp Baja 2012
Pearl 03/13
R/M 01/14
Pearl 8/17
Pearl 8/18
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 8/22
Pearl 8/23
westcpl
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 12 Aug 2019

Postby Eroticdesires » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:40 pm

It's just a plain old garden view, although the view from window and front door is pretty much ocean view.
Eroticdesires
Desire Devotee

Postby Luv4life » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Love it! We have all the same favorite staffers as you! I am going to try the Fresca w/my tequila next time, and the naked flying is a must! Thanks for the tips!

Oh...one point on which I must take issue....I am Carlos' favorite wife!! :P
Luv4life
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 14 Dec 2014

Postby copsandrobbers » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:44 am

"set the pace behind the slowest runner so nobody gets left out" I have never hears it put so PERFECT! excellent report! Thanks for sharing!
copsandrobbers

We arrive on: 27 Jul 2013

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya