Trip Report #9, Aug 20-27 2013

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Re: Trip Report #9, Aug 20-27 2013

Postby mfay » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:48 am

When we saw Vanessa at the resort this past week she said she had just run into Diana. She and Lazaro are both still enjoying
their positions with SDC- hosting events and some other duties.
I agree that exactly why people are leaving Desire is not the most important point. The fact that long tenured and/or popular staff either feel the need to leave or are asked to leave is a symptom of the larger issues Desire is facing. (in my opinion)
With occupancy way down for the year overall and especially for the second half of the year, it was very apparent to me that
there were many cost cutting policies in effect. Whether this drop in bookings is caused by splitting the business between Pearl and RM, because of lack of support from lifestyle friendly travel agents upset over policy, Desire pricing, or just the economy in general- the effect on employees is the same. Anyone in business understands that when times are tough employees are asked
to work harder, with fewer tools/smaller budgets, and with more stress. So the larger question- again in my opinion- is where does Desire go from here ? I think the ISM promotion for January is an indication that they are searching for something to create new excitement, new buzz. But my own hope is that they come to realize that what they really need to do is re-focus
on the real value, service, and loyalties that got them where they were.
Of course with all that being said- I still am totally in love with Desire ! It is still the greatest place in the world, I have never spent a single bad day there in some 170 days at the resort, and even though I just got home yesterday I would love to go back tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby Tiffany998 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:52 am

mfay wrote:When we saw Vanessa at the resort this past week she said she had just run into Diana. She and Lazaro are both still enjoying
their positions with SDC- hosting events and some other duties.
I agree that exactly why people are leaving Desire is not the most important point. The fact that long tenured and/or popular staff either feel the need to leave or are asked to leave is a symptom of the larger issues Desire is facing. (in my opinion)
With occupancy way down for the year overall and especially for the second half of the year, it was very apparent to me that
there were many cost cutting policies in effect. Whether this drop in bookings is caused by splitting the business between Pearl and RM, because of lack of support from lifestyle friendly travel agents upset over policy, Desire pricing, or just the economy in general- the effect on employees is the same. Anyone in business understands that when times are tough employees are asked
to work harder, with fewer tools/smaller budgets, and with more stress. So the larger question- again in my opinion- is where does Desire go from here ? I think the ISM promotion for January is an indication that they are searching for something to create new excitement, new buzz. But my own hope is that they come to realize that what they really need to do is re-focus
on the real value, service, and loyalties that got them where they were.
Of course with all that being said- I still am totally in love with Desire ! It is still the greatest place in the world, I have never spent a single bad day there in some 170 days at the resort, and even though I just got home yesterday I would love to go back tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!

I wish this forum had a "like button"! :L
Tiffany998
Desire Lover

Postby bb25 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:51 pm

What is the ISM promotion?
bb25
Desire Lover

We are from: USA

Postby tout.prest » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:55 pm

ISM = International Swingers Month.

http://swingersmonth.com/

Steve Image
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby CandM » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:14 pm

Yeah! Happy that YankeeFan went back...we thought it was in doubt in 2012.
CandM

Previous

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya