Trip Report #9, Aug 20-27 2013

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Trip Report #9, Aug 20-27 2013

Postby Yankeefan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:44 am

Once again, my wife had to twist my arm to return :D even with a wedding to pay for in 2 months but being the loyal husband that I am, I forced myself to return this year. Plain and simple, I love watching my wife rest, read 10 books, drink and just plain relax for a week.

We enjoy the atmosphere that only Desire can give us. While only at 30% capacity, the 30% who were there were simply incredible. The playroom was active and fun. The new disco floor was great. The only complaint was Il Piacierre was closed for renovations which means we'll have to return next year to see what they did to it. The guys all said the place will be fantastic when completed. A lot of noise and construction going on but if I owned the place, I'd do in it August as well when the place wasn't full so no big deal. Food was the same, would be nice to change it up a bit. Don't like the Suki menu at all now. The beach wasn't raked as much as in the past and it needed it but Africa and CC are simply the best one two punch in Mexico. The guys at the bars are all fantastic and we love chatting with all of them, one of the reasons we patronize Desire as much as we do. Your glass is NEVER empty and the cappuccinos at the lobby bar are worth the price of admission. The EC were fun, Black Magic (my twin brother), Foxi, Vanessa and the gang make things fun. They try real hard even with only 30+ couples there, they did their best.

The foam party was fun but taking out the platform beds simply sucked. PUT THEM ALL BACK!

Every year we go back, we seem to find that 1 or 2 couples that make the trip memorable and enjoyable. We were not disappointed this year. Its amazing when going to Desire when you have no expectations of anything spectacular happening but when it does, it makes you realize what a special place Desire really is. Whether you "hook up" or not, its the folks in the pool and hot tub area that makes the week well worth it.

Will we return for #10 next year, its up to the boss but she seems to want to go back. Who am I to argue?
Yankeefan
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 13 Aug 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: Trip Report #9, Aug 20-27 2013

Postby tan44 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:27 am

Thank you for great trip report.
Any idea when Il Piacierre restaurant will be open again ?
Thanks
Kik : cancunx
tan44
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada

Postby bigdaddy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:47 pm

It was GREAT to meet you both! You're exactly what we mean when we say that the people make the place what it is...

I'll never look at a "NY" hat the same way again!

See you by the pool!

PS - You have a real career in volleyball, should you choose to go that direction :)
Big Daddy and Mrs. Daddy
from MD

Couples - 11/06
HBR - 8/11. 5/12
DRM - 5/13. 8/13. 6/14. 8/15. 8/16. 8/18
bigdaddy
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 21 Aug 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby tout.prest » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:25 pm

Have to agree with yankee, It was a fun week despite the low occupancy. :-) Met some great people and partied hard (Maybe a little too hard occasionally..lol)

Our 12th trip was extremely last minute so we had no idea about Piacere being closed. That sucked as it is our favourite place to eat for sure. I know they tried to move it outdoors but for the life of us, we couldnt understand why they didnt move the buffet outside and let the people who want a romantic 2 hour dinner eat inside in the A/C :roll: ? Even all the staff agreed that would have made more sense !

Foam party was the best night of the week for us . What a blast ! Major improvements since the inaugural one in May. Havent seen my wife have that good of a time since.......well, the last foam party..Lol

The one thing I will comment on though, is about the EC staff. Foxi, Vanessa, Regina, Desire (Even though she quit while we were there) are "Genuine & amazing" and did there best to make things fun...BUT IMHO "Black Magic" was a complete condescending arrogant prick [-X ! Since he was RECENTLY made EC boss (Since Cesar's recent dismissal) , The power has gone straight to his head. The way he talked to some of the guests and staff was disgusting and pathetic . I hope management has seen this and get rid of him soon, as he is a terrible representation of the staff at Desire !

Cant wait to get back for trip #13 !

Steve
:CAN

PS - Piacere is slated to reopen in about three more weeks
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby rparty » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:28 pm

Does anyone have an idea when the white restaurant will reopen ? We arrive Sunday
Last edited by rparty on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rparty
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 30 Aug 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie Rparty

Postby Gemini Rose » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:45 pm

Yankeefan wrote:Once again, my wife had to twist my arm to return :D even with a wedding to pay for in 2 months but being the loyal husband that I am, I forced myself to return this year.

Lol, we're paying for a Cape Cod wedding happening next week! We booked our trip for October. Thinking we'll need the rest, relaxation and together time AFTER the stress is gone. Thank goodness this is our LAST wedding!
Gemini Rose and Cowboy
Gemini Rose
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 11 May 2019

Postby bankerman » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:53 pm

You said the beds were taken away for the foam party. Are they gone forever, or just during the foam party? Hope they're still there, as that's a favorite spot late at night...under the stars...
bankerman
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby tout.prest » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:45 pm

All of the original beds near the jacuzzi have been basically destroyed by the foam so they have all been taken away. In their place are only 3 basic flat "platform" beds near the washroom wall. They have no posts or fabric at all......... There are also some awkward type of wicker loungers. All in all, its a crappy set up!
We were told that this is only a temporary setup while they come up with a foam resistant type of bed that can last in that area (......Think rattan,wicker and metal. )

Steve Image
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

Postby miranda » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:14 pm

tout.prest wrote:.BUT IMHO "Black Magic" was a complete condescending arrogant prick [-X ! Since he was RECENTLY made EC boss (Since Cesar's recent dismissal) , The power has gone straight to his head. The way he talked to some of the guests and staff was disgusting and pathetic . I hope management has seen this and get rid of him soon, as he is a terrible representation of the staff at Desire !

We met Black Magic at Desire Cabo last year (when it was still Desire) and he was just as you described - and he wasn't the EC boss then! We were quite astounded to hear that he has been promoted to EC Boss.

Cesar's dismissal? Really? Is his wife still working within the Desire Properties? I think she was at Pearl when we last talked with them.

Either way, we always have fun at any of the Desire's and we know our upcoming trip won't be any different, no matter who is there.

Thanks for the great trip report.
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby tout.prest » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:33 pm

Miranda,

Yes Cesar was very recently let go (within the last few weeks...along with night manager Manuel). Im not aware of him having a wife/Girlfriend at Desire so can't speak to that.

We encountered lots of guests who feel like we do about "Magic". 99% of the staff is as incredible as always, but to us......he is that 1% that needs to go. :?

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

Postby OzeFun » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:01 pm

Can I just clarify that Cesar wasn't dismissed. He had secured a new job already and as you can see now other staff are leaving.
Lazaro was let go previously Admin Note about Lazaro - I was on property the week it happened and know most of the details - alll I'm prepared to post here is that the parting was mutual.
but not Cesar or Black Magic. I'm saddened to hear those rumours and want to put it to bed. Cesar's wife did not work at RM, only at Cabo.
Ellie & Al
OzeFun
Desire Addict

We are from: Australia
We arrive on: 19 Feb 2022

Postby tout.prest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:28 am

Well apparently you have different info than I , on both Lazaro's departure and Cesar's (Like admin,, I know most all the details on Laz leaving also) . For what its worth, I was informed by several upper level staff (with whom I am friends) as to why Cesar is no longer with Desire, and as such, am comfortable in standing by my original post.

Steve Image
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

Postby OzeFun » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:42 am

It seems we all have information from a variety of sources but I too am comfortable with everything I have said in response. There are always three sides to every story. All that matters is that the people who have left have moved onto bigger and better things.
Ellie & Al
OzeFun
Desire Addict

We are from: Australia
We arrive on: 19 Feb 2022

Postby miranda » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:05 am

Yes, we can speculate all we want and post inaccurate info from reliable sources but in the end, all that matters is that some folks are no longer employees at Desire and they will be missed. I'm sure we will all enjoy our trips to Desire no matter who is there on staff. I know we've never had a 'bad' trip. We wish all those staff members who have left, for whatever reason, well, and hope they are successful where ever they land up being employed. We look forward to meeting the new replacements!
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby Tiffany998 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:19 am

I find it strange and unfortunate that the "upper staff" is talking negative to guests about this. In reality, it's no ones business! I think that is actually illegal to do in a lot of companies!
But I do agree, wherever they are, they are going to be successful and will certainly be missed at Desire! They are fun and full of wit and in our last conversation with them, we learned so much about them. Good luck Cesar and Magic!
Tiffany998
Desire Lover

Next

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya