Newbie review... 10/16-10/22, 2013

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Newbie review... 10/16-10/22, 2013

Postby meandb » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:14 pm

We FOUND our new home away from home!

We used USA transfers.. Sal was fantastic.. Right on time and a hoot!! :)

Check in was a breeze... We met with Veronica. What a beautiful person she is, so sweet and knowledgeable. She made us feel right at home from the beginning. They offered us drinks that were delicious! They call it a Crocodile tail.. YUM!

Our room. Simply put, AMAZING! We opted for a Ocean view and it was perfect. Not too big or too small. King bed that was very comfortable, room was very clean and our refrigerator was stocked daily.

Nakedness. Being newbies, I was a bit nervous. 45 and a mother of two does take a toll. :( Anyway, it took about 5 hours of being clothed in bathing suits and we took it all off. :o Not one judgemental comment or anyone looking at you "funny". Everyone was comfortable within their own skin. Great to see (I was nervous). Felt totally comfortable being naked around the staff. Believe me when I say, they have seen it all. :oops:

The beach was white and cleaned daily of the seaweed. We rented a beach bed for three of our four days. 8) So happy we did. The weather was perfect, nice breeze and when you got hot, you take a dip in the ocean. Yes, naked. :) As for the beach staff. C.C is an amazing bartender at the beach bar. Rene is the beach bed man. He will make sure you are happy with your bed, provide towels and make sure you have it ready for the next day. Africa is a great woman. She works so hard. We never had a dry glass. :L She was very attentive and respectful.

We never made it to poolside (not really our scene). We did hear a lot of positive comments about the pool staff.

The restaurants:
The El Arrecife: Breakfast buffet.. Anything you want. Omelets, fruit, yogurt, bacon, breads.. Anything!
The new Sahlo'. Great restaurant. I had quail for the first time. Delicious! My husband ate Lamb. OMG! DELISH! The tables were set with beautiful masks, decorated so you felt peaceful. Deserts: I had Crème' brule..so flavorful and creamy.
The Suki restaurant had great sushi! We aren't a big fan of some sushi but everything we had was wonderful. Again, deserts. Oh my! <3

Room service was great for that late snack or even early coffee with fruit.. ~o)

The bars: Always a friendly face and happy people around..

The massages:
We had the deep tissue message. Our muscles were tense when we arrived. They worked them. We left feeling so relaxed. The staff was very respectful of our wishes and explained the different types well.
The gym: my husband used it daily. Not a huge gym but served him well.

Needless to say, as the days went on, we found our sense of inner peace.
We met some great people from Canada, enjoyed talking into the early mornings. Thanks Karen & Mike~
We loved our time here and of course, it was too short. We listened to the members services offer and decided this want to come every year!
Thanks for a great vacation.. See you again next October!!
Brian and Kelly B.<3 :US
meandb
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: none

Re: Newbie review... 10/16-10/22, 2013

Postby miranda2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Uh oh! Looks like we have another couple of Desire Addicts! Great trip report and we're so happy to hear you had a wonderful time. :D
miranda2
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Postby meandb » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:16 pm

Totally addicted! ;-)
meandb
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: none

Postby MandD » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:55 pm

The creme brule is always awesomr
C4P - MandD_Desire
KIK - MandD_Desire2
MandD
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jun 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P

Postby bankerman » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:20 pm

Have the beds up by the jacuzzi been replaced? Heard that they were trashed during some of the early foam parties.
bankerman
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby allovatan » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:59 pm

bankerman wrote:Have the beds up by the jacuzzi been replaced? Heard that they were trashed during some of the early foam parties.

Yes, at least they were what we were used to - 4 or 5 lining the outside wall and one in the corner as you come up the stairs. They had the foam party in the lobby area - not sure if that is now the standard going forward.
allovatan
Desire Devotee

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya