2nd Trip - Halloween Oct.22 - 29, 2013

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

2nd Trip - Halloween Oct.22 - 29, 2013

Postby Lkncouple » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:37 pm

My wife and I got back from visiting Desire RM for our second time. We had some personal issues and almost could not make the trip. We already missed our flight and our first night, so our choice was to not go and eat the airfare and loose the money on the hotel, or pay a crazy amount to change the flight and try to extend our trip a day. We decided to go for it, and made went to the resort.

We had booked our trip through Dream Pleasure tours as they had a room block. They were great to work with and they worked with the resort staff to extend our stay. I was hoping that I would get some credit for the night we paid but did not stay, but they charged me full price, not even giving me the discount that I had paid initially. At this point we had almost paid double for our trip with airfare changes, what was another $600.

While we enjoyed our trip we never could really get in the desire/vacation mode, because of the issues before the trip, but we did have a terrific time, and we will return. Here are some observations:

What was Great!
    • For some reason we did not get the Timeshare pitch. I am not sure if that is because we were late and had so many problems. It was very nice that they did make us sit down and pressure us to have a time share meeting.
    • The service is fantastic. They always try to take care of any food and beverage requests. I can’t say enough as to how great they are. The poor guy that works behind the grill at lunch really is awesome. It looks like it is a million degrees back there and he will fix you anything you want. Lots of people tip the bartenders and the waitresses, but make sure you don’t forget the guy behind the grill.
    • We did a Cenote dive. We did not use the dive company onsite, after lots of research we found lots of great recommendations for Cenote Xperience. They were much cheaper than the onsite dive shop, and were fantastic. I was most concerned about safety when diving in the caverns and I can’t recommend Cenote Xperience enough.
    • Foam Party – WOW this is incredibly fun!!! It was funny to look around and see the people that were fully dressed looking at the people having fun. You just felt like one person in the couple just really wanted to get wild and the other held them back. My advice, is you should just try it once. By far our most fun night!
    • People. No matter how many reviews you read if you have not been you just won’t believe how friendly people can be. It is unlike any place we have ever been. We are not in the lifestyle, so we certainly heard discussions that we have never heard before. Go with an open mind and just have fun.
    • Claudia – We visited Claudia for our second time, and it was better than the first. It really is a great experience and when we go back, we will always book Claudia.
    • Vanassa and the entertainment Staff – They are awesome. Super friendly and lots of fun. Get involved in the activities you are comfortable with as soon as you get there. It is a great way to meet people and it really maximizes your fun. I am not sure if anyone else does this, but on the last night we gave the entertainment staff a cash tip.
    • Sexual atmosphere – It was great. Unfortunately for me, my wife does not really like participating or watching public sex(She thinks it is a private thing), but she is a good egg, and loves the camaraderie of the hot tub so she just looks away when craziness is going on. We even made it in the playroom for a little fun. Also, walking to dinner one night, we walked by a room with the doors wide open and a steamy foursome was going on. The point is that if you like watching, being watched or not watching, there is something for everyone a Desire.
    • We were there for Halloween and it was pretty cool the way they set it up around the pool. Some of the costumes were amazing.

What could be improved:
    • Nightly entertainment. I heard from lots of people that if you ate dinner at 7, then you basically just sat around for a couple of hours until 10:30. It seemed like the last time we were there, there was entertainment and activities going on much earlier. It really seems like they could move the time up on some things. There were lots of people complaining about that. I don't think this is an entertainment staff issue, I think they just need to pay for some earlier activites
    • Party at the Hot Tub. One night we were there they had an SDC welcome night at the hot tub. They had a bunch of food and a welcome party at the rooftop hot tub. There were about 30-40 people completely dressed hanging most of the afternoon and night around the hot tub. It really changed the atmosphere, and I really heard lots of complaints about this.
    • Room/Rain: It rained a couple of times and the way the front doors are designed the rain just poured into the room. We finally figured when we left we needed to take a towel and put it in front of the outside of the door. But if we didn’t and it rained, our entire floor would be wet along with any pillows, luggage, clothes, books. They need to fix that.
    • Theme night. Our first night there the Theme Night was “Roaring 20’s” however, nowhere one any website any communication did it say that. It was supposed to be disco night. It was strange that some people were dressed 70's and the staff was 20's. It seems like they should just communicate better with people that are coming in.

All in all it was a great trip. We both wish we were not too preoccupied, but we had fun anyway. If you are reading this, trying to decide if you should go, YOU SHOULD GO! It will be the best vacation you ever had.
Last edited by Lkncouple on Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Re: 2nd Trip - Halloween Oct.22 - 29, 2013

Postby Sunnyside » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:55 pm

Well, if they got rid of the disco night, I'd be definately ok with that. But I'd like to if this is what has happened cause I go to Desire RM in December.

And of course, great report!
Sunnyside

We arrive on: 21 Dec 1913

Re: 2nd Trip - Halloween Oct.22 - 29, 2013

Postby miranda2 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:11 pm

Great trip reports and we're happy you had a great time despite your 'troubles'. Glad to hear you got what YOU wanted (for the most part) out of your trip to Desire.

There really is something for everyone at Desire and we all need to remember that we're on vacation, the resort is not catering to just one person or couple or group of people. They do their best to please the masses and nothing is written in stone when it comes to activities and theme nights.

We love Disco night, but could do without some of the other themed nights that many do enjoy. Who cares?? We just remember where we are and we go with the flow. We're at Desire. That's enough for us. The rest is just icing on the cake.

Thanks for taking the time to post your trip report, LKncouple.
miranda2
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya