Newbie Trip Report Nov 25-29, 2013 - Her Perspective

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Newbie Trip Report Nov 25-29, 2013 - Her Perspective

Postby bmwdtd » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:11 pm

We will go back - sooner rather than later!

Staff was excellent. Rafael our butler was always so friendly and willing to do whatever he could to make our stay better. Our housekeeper, Guadalupe did a great job, never had to worry about fresh sheets or towels. Ivan, the server was very friendly as was Javier. The bartenders, beach waitresses and pool waitresses also wonderful!

Clothing - we arrived late afternoon the first day, but by lunch the second day I had dropped the top and by the third day I was nude. (Wish I had packed some extra strength sunblock for those areas that had never seen the sun!) I am not ready to be a nudist by any means, but I am hating the bra thing now! At no time did I feel judged - I am very self-conscious. Everyone is so comfortable in their own skin it is so easy to relax right with them.

Room - we stayed in a Garden View Jr Jacuzzi. I liked the location of our room, however we were right next to the hot tub pumps so there was a good bit of noise from those. The room was nice sized, had everything in it you would need. One complaint was the small shower and the water leaked all over the bathroom floor from under and around the shower door. There were always plenty of towels to clean it up with though! We never used the huge jacuzzi.

Food - Food was good. Sahlo had the nicest atmosphere and probably the best food. We preferred the sit down dinners to the buffet restaurant for dinner. Enjoyed lunch by the pool our first two days there, but then it was closed for repairs so we had to eat inside the rest of the week. Lunch fajitas were the best!! Service in all the restaurants was excellent. Wish we had made a reservation for the hibachi in the Asian restaurant.

Activities - the activities staff was excellent. They worked to get you involved, but didn't push too hard if you just wanted to relax. Late morning and early afternoon had the most activities.

Night Club - I really enjoyed the night club, but then again I rarely get the chance to let loose and dance with my husband so it was awesome! The entertainment in the evenings was a little disappointing. No real "shows", just a handful of "models" or "dancers". This is the one area I think Desire could really improve, though I have read that they usually have better entertainment. Enjoyed the lingerie contest, still not sure how I got roped into participating!

Sin Room - We ventured there once. We are not swingers so I was intimidated by this and the hot tub. We did go into the sin room, enjoyed an intimate moment, (I was nervous about others though), and no one approached us or tried to join in. I would have to say it was a positive experience.

Hot Tub - Never tried it. Call me a chicken. Other newbies told us stories which made me nervous, but we were so into each other the whole week I don't know that we even missed it.

Overall a great week. We met some really great people. (Who knew you could strike up conversations with strangers while naked?!) We enjoyed each other many, many times. We had a lot or R&R as well. We will be back.
bmwdtd
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 24 Nov 2013

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya