Trip report - January '09

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Trip report - January '09

Postby nawty2sum » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:43 am

It’s taken me a while to post this trip report for various reasons, but I’ve been composing it in my head for a month now, since we visited in late January. This was our first visit to Desire, but not (by a long shot) our first visit to a clothing-optional beach or resort area, so the sight of nude bodies walking around or sunning themselves on the beach or at the pool didn’t faze us in the least. Due to work schedules, this was a very short trip, only a few nights, regrettably.

We arrived early evening in Cancun and had a quick trip through customs and to the resort. Exactly one hour after deplaning, we were in our room, a Passion Suite. We liked the room and, contrary to some reports, had no issues with the comfort of the bed. Truly, the only things I found to complain about were the lack of electrical outlets (between two cell phones and a laptop, we used every available outlet), and the weak WiFi signal in our room.

The weather was mixed while we were there, but generally warm. It rained the first night (which was only a problem due to the leaky roof at the disco—more about that later) and was very windy, showery, and cloudy the next day. As a result, most guests avoided the beach and spent their day at the pool. The final day, our last one there, the weather was about as perfect as can be in late January—low 80s, no wind, and sunny.

The service at Desire is really top notch—among the best of any hotel or resort we have ever stayed at. It is ideally suited for us—attentive yet discreet without being overbearing. The service is what makes the place world class—the people at Desire are great.

We found the food to be reasonably good, although mixed. Certainly, our best meal was at Suki. Dinner at Tentazione was good, but Il Piacere was just so-so. My biggest disappointment was lunch, which I just didn’t think was either that good or creative. (I’d rather they tried to do fewer things really well instead of trying to do a lot of things kind of mediocre.) One thing that bothered my wife and I was that, rightly or wrongly, we could never decide whether we wanted to drink the water poured at the restaurant. It’s one of those things where I’m sure it’s fine, but we both wished they were pouring from bottles instead.

The age of guests ranged from late 20s to about 80 (no joke), but the typical guest was probably in their 40s.

The disco was hopping our first night there, not as much the next two but still fun. Participation in theme nights was relatively limited in the handful of nights we were there (this was prior to any change in themes), with “white nightâ€
nawty2sum on Kasidie
desirecupl on SDC
nawty2sum
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 21 Jan 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby mfay » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:44 pm

Great report , and one that we think generally sums
up the feelings of the majority of Desire guests
after a typical Desire week. At least thats the way it
has been for us !
Mike
mfay

We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby Powderfinger » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:12 pm

We spent several late afternoons up in the hot tub watching them work on the disco roof, mainly making comments on their lack of any apparent safety standards, lol....it worked though, no leaks while we were in there....
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya