Second Time Trip with HT/YN's May 3-10, 2014

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Second Time Trip with HT/YN's May 3-10, 2014

Postby raleightraveler » Tue May 13, 2014 1:09 pm

We were newbies last year and found this forum absolutely invaluable to getting ourselves physically and mentally ready to take the plunge into a whole new experience. we took the time to payback all the folks who took the time to post all kinds of info to this forum. So now it's time to do it again for those thinking about a repeat trip to DRM.

We were slightly less nervous about going to DRM for our second trip. Not for the reasons you might think, but because we had such an incredible time on our first trip that we weren't sure if we could have as much fun on our second one. Cut to the chase: we did and in many ways it was even better!

Last year we traveled with the Hot Tamales and YNots (HT/YN) on a week arranged by Char Travel (use Char if you can!). Everything about the experience was great. The travel was seamless, the people were great, and the environment was everything we'd imagined. We planned this year's trip before the wheels of the plane left the ground at the Cancun airport.

It didn't take long for uncertainty to kick in though. We absolutely loved all the people we met in 2013. Sure the food was good, not stellar, but good, and the beach was nice, not to die for, and the sexy environment was one of a kind (as were a few of the experiences we made for ourselves). But what really made that trip so special was the people. So as we got farther away from the trip we (mostly I) began to wonder what a second trip would be like if the same people weren't all there. Would we have as much fun, have as many incredible conversations, laugh as much? It was not enough doubt to stop us from going, but just enough to inject a little concern.

We addressed some of that by again scheduling the 2014 trip with the annual HT/YN's week at DRM. And we made sure that we packed everything we'd need to participate in all the activities and theme nights, like we did last time. Enough that we almost busted the 50 lb suitcase weight limit. (50 lbs of stuff for a clothing optional, naked vacation?!? Who knew that skimpy lingerie and shoes could weigh so much. Maybe it was the whips and chains for the couples costume that added so much.)

Any lingering fear that we might have had was erased in an instant as we rolled up to the front door of DRM in the air conditioned transport that the resort set up for us. Our bags were whisked away before we even stepped through the door, a cold glass of refreshing juice was thrust into our hands and warm and genuine greeting of "welcome home" wafted into our ears. It indeed felt like we were welcomed home.

Check in went smoothly, except our room wasn't ready. So we walked over to the poolside restaurant for a drink and some late lunch. We did notice a lot of bathing suits around the pool, which was a change from last year. But to each his/her own. There was plenty of relaxed laughter and enough skin otherwise showing that there was no doubt that we were at DRM and not some other Caribbean resort. After lunch we went back to check-in to get our room. We had a few snags in getting the room we wanted, but with a little gentle pressure and a very accommodating front desk staff we eventually settled into our room.

We lost no time unpacking, grabbed a towel, some sunscreen and headed out to the beach. Since it was afternoon already, there were no beds available, but we talked with Rene and made arrangements for the rest of the week. We did learn that there are fewer beds set aside for week-long rentals than in previous years, and more for day-to-day use. That means getting up early every morning if you want one, but there is no charge for that. It's good for those that don't want to pay for a bed or who don't want to stay on the beach all week. It's less good for those that love the beach and want to be sure that a bed's ready for them when they wake up at 10:00am. Pluses and minuses.

We loved the Jacuzzi a lot last year..... I mean loved it a whole lot. So we spent just a little bit of time on the sand before heading up the steps to the hot tub. I missed the "special" beach greeting I'd had last year, but no worries, the week was young. The hot tub seemed just slightly quieter than we remembered, but the same energy pulsed from the crowd that was there. We saw a few familiar faces and reconnected with those folks quickly. Some were on their last days (big frowns all around on that) and some, like us were just getting there. The talk flowed freely, the laughter was loud, and it instantly felt like we'd never left. It felt just like we were back home. All worry about whether our second trip would be as good as the first vanished.

The DRM "routine" varies from person to person. But we slipped into our routine not in a few days, but in a few hours. Old friends trickled in over the next few days and the re-connections that began that first afternoon in the hot tub continued. Just like we'd experienced during our first trip, it was easy to meet and get to know new friends very quickly. We did encounter one or two folks that we decided were not our type, but there were so many more that we either clicked with completely or could be simply friendly with, that the small percentage of those that we preferred not be around was insignificant.

We are not "in the lifestyle" and it was a non-issue on our first trip. It was sexy and erotic and the friendship overwhelming without that added dimension. The converstioan between us that was precipitated by our first trip lasted the entire year until this last trip to DRM. We discovered new aspects to ourselves as individuals and as a couple. So during this second trip our minds and hearts were more open to encounters with others. Our "little toes barely in the water" demeanor this year was respected in exactly the same way that our "no way" perspective was last. Boundaries were pushed, but only with 100% consent and only at our initiation. No meant no as always, and neither one of us ever felt pressured in any way either to engage or not to engage with other folks. Did we "play" with others? Well kind of, but that's for an off line conversation. I had complete trust in everyone around us and that was incredibly freeing.

I will make one observation that applied to us during our two trip. I'm not sure if others would have the same experience or even agree with me. Here it is: women initiate and men follow their lead. Sure there's plenty of patting and ass stroking by both sexes. But anything more than that is started by the women. So if a woman is interested in having something happen, she needs to at least get the ball rolling and not expect that it will just happen. If your experience is/was different, please share.

Some other specifics that were different this time around:
    The food was much better. The buffet changed every night with w different theme. Sahlo was much much better. The pool bar was the same
    CC and Africa are still there doing incredible things with drinks. I feel like I got to know them at least a little bit better.
    So friendly Jay, Emmy, Vanessa and Coral were great for entertainment staff.
    The Jacuzzi deck needs fixing and I think that was being started when we left.
    The plans for the pool re-do (adding a swim up bar) are going to be great
    The maintenance folks were busy the whole time we were there making the place look better and better

We have already blocked out our time for 2015 with the HT/YN's and expect that it will be an annual trip. We also plan on going other times as well based on our work schedules (gotta pay for these trips somehow) We don't know if each trip will be better than the last, or if we'll get more than our "little toes" in the lifestyle waters, but there's only one way to find out, and we plan on doing just that .... finding out.

Feel free to reply with your thoughts, or send a PM with any specific questions or concerns that you might have.

Here's to next year at DRM
raleightraveler
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 06 May 2017

Re: Second Time Trip with HT/YN's May 3-10, 2014

Postby danbo » Tue May 13, 2014 5:44 pm

Thanks for the report, you made me feel guilty because I haven't delivered mine yet. Can't rush things ya know.
Wow, yes we wonder if the second time could possibly be as good as the first. That old saying "you can never go home" has applied in the past to previous destinations and the let down can ruin the trip. As so many have mentioned, it's all about the people. Well, we met such an incredible selection of people that you have to wonder if the experience can be as special the next time. Thanks for demonstrating that good people are always around for good people to meet!
YES, THE LADIES RULE! Without exploring the sociology (or whatever) of the setting, it seems the best experience for all concerned will be had if this major element of the equation is happy. No question.
Anyway thanks again, we were planning our next trip while in the car back to the airport last time and can't wait.
Cheers!
danbo
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Apr 2018

Postby adamr » Wed May 14, 2014 12:37 am

Nicely done. Your report sounds like you are talking about us! We are having the same experience and that's great! And fun, and liberating and amazing! Enjoy the ride!

Adam
adamr
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 16 Apr 2014

Postby Jenyphur » Wed May 14, 2014 2:51 pm

Such a great report ! Thank you so much for sharing! And for the PM's. :L
First time at Pearl Aug 21-27, 2014
Jenyphur
Desire Lover

We are from: USA