June 14 - 19, 2014

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

June 14 - 19, 2014

Postby Whoneedssunscreencpl » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:38 pm

Background: Our 8th (I think..) trip to Desire over the last 5 years. Me 46, hubby 53. We are nudists and we play a little on vacation but aren't really in the Lifestyle back at home. Overall, this was a decent trip. Not our best one but not the worst either. If we can save the funds up, we'll surely be back again as there's still nowhere else on earth like Desire!

--This time we planned the trip to meet up with several other couples whom we met on previous trips. There were no big takeover groups there, which after being there in both situations, I think I prefer. It was a little mellower with less of a spring break atmosphere but still very sexy. Hung out with our friends a lot but also met plenty of new folks.

--Check-in was horrible. I am pretty good at saying NO. I said it over and over and over and over but the hard sell on the Membership at check-in was just awful. They were tricky and they pulled a bait and switch and I was super unhappy. I literally would have had to get up and walk away with my back turned in the rudest way possible to get them to stop the sell. We have NEVER encountered this there before and it is NOT what I want to experience when I am exhausted and hungry and thirsty and just want to start my vacation and have already given them thousands of my hard-earned dollars. Luckily the only other attempt they made at the sell was an "offer" slid under the door for a discount on a spa treatment. Fine print suggested there were "conditions" upon receiving the discount and we all know what those are so again a trick and you need to to the timeshare presentation first to get the discount. I despise those kind of tactics and as long as they keep it up I will never consider buying the membership.

--Stayed in cheapest room possible and it was fine. Not huge but big enough and nice and clean. Sadly, several pieces of my jewelry "went missing" though. One silver piece worth about $250 and the other three were just cheap costume stuff but it's still a bummer. I had not put it in the safe as we'd never had issues before and like I said, it wasn't that valuable. Guess it's not worth reporting as I have no way to figure out when exactly it went missing and I don't expect anyone to spend a lot of time investigating such things.

--Weather was absolutely perfect the entire trip. Had only about 20 minutes of rain, all late at night at the hot tub. Best weather we have ever had, as usually we seem to get at least a day or two of rain no matter what time of year we are there.

--Met some very nice people. As always, everyone was very friendly and open. We were nude all day at the pool, as were many others, although as usual, there were a few who wore their swimsuits. No pressure either way. All shapes and sizes and age range was from early 30's up to 70's, with most in 40's to 50's. Met one couple who were there for their first time but most were repeaters.

--Food seemed even better this time. Sahlo (the remodel of the white restaurant) was very nice but I think I actually liked the atmosphere better when it was the white restaurant. It's a little dark for me now. Food was a more "gourmet" with quite a few unusual ingredient combinations. Luckily, some of the dishes that we loved from the white restaurant were still on the menu, like the beef carpaccio and the lobster bisque. The risotto with scallops was delicious!

--Pool chairs are terrible!!! Ever since they replaced the wicker/cushioned ones and also got rid of the beds it's great that they can fit more people in, but the newer chairs are uncomfortable and already trashed. The mesh on some hangs so low that your butt hits the plastic crossbar below. They really need to invest in new chairs ASAP. Hoping that's planned as part of the pool remodel in Sept. The same crappy chairs line the beach, too, and also need replacement.

--Disco and playroom and lobby bar all still wonderful. New cushions on the outdoor lobby chairs (they were strangely cushionless last June). Playroom still in good, clean condition. Late night pizza at the lobby bar still a perfect end to the night.

--The ladies mostly dressed for the theme nights, but very few of the men did. Lots of sexy cowgirls and naughty schoolgirls! More guys did dress for cowboy night than the other nights.

--Entertainment staff did fine, although not as great as some of the prior groups. Jay was very fun and energetic and we hope he sticks around. Participation in the daytime activities was kind of minimal (except for pool and beach volleyball, which were better-attended).

--Hot tub happy hour great as always. Again, a little mellower this time with no body shots and minimal action on the beds. Beds up there did get plenty of late-night action, though.

--Last year we went to the foam party when it was up at the hot tub. This time was at the tennis courts. I can see why they moved it because it was a huge mess and more slippery/dangerous up at the hot tub. However, party-in-a-parking-lot just wasn't quite as cool. Still something worth seeing/doing if you never have before!

So as you've read, there were some fails but we'll be back when we can and I'd still heartily recommend Desire to anyone thinking of it for their next vacation. ; )

Mrs. S.
Whoneedssunscreencpl
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Jan 2022

Re: June 14 - 19, 2014

Postby WhiteSands » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:01 am

Nice review! I totally agree about the crappy pool beds, I never got my usual post wine-fuelled lunch nap on those horrible things! Surely they will replace them in September during the renovations? We'll let you know!
:UK
72 days of Temptation, 43 of Desire, 32 of Pearl and counting.....
Lingerie Queen of Desire 2013

See you soon!
Follow us on Twitter @BlancoGoGo
WhiteSands
Desire Superstar

We are from: UK
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 09 Sep 2015

Postby Mr_big60564 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:55 pm

Mrs Sunscreen: you beat us to the punch before we could ask you how it went! Glad it went (reasonably) well! Will circle back with you offline when we get a chance.

Mr & Mrs Big
Mr_big60564
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 30 Nov 2020

Postby tdaero » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:05 pm

We were at Desire (RM) at the same time (June 11-18). We found the resort to be well kept, the staff very accommodating, the food good. The weather was beautiful all week, though we did get rained on for a short while when we were in the hot tub one night. Because we go Wed. to Wed. we often get to meet 2 groups of guests. A plus for us. We've traveled to Desire and Hedo (2&3) many times, as well as several other places in the Caribbean. For us... this was the best trip we've ever taken. It had just the right mix of what we enjoy.
:D :D
tdaero

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya