Labor Day 2014 - RM/Pearl Comp-Team Crystal Collections

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Labor Day 2014 - RM/Pearl Comp-Team Crystal Collections

Postby vivere » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:07 pm

Let me preface this trip report by saying that prior to May 16th of this year, we did not know that resorts such as Desire existed (okay, I had heard of Hedonism but that's about it), and we thought that "The Lifestyle" was a show about rich people that was hosted by Robin Leach.

We were introduced to Desire by a couple that I had went to university with. We had fooled around as a threesome once (20 years ago) in a booze filled romp that I chalked up to college hijinx. Though they live on opposite side of the country from my wife and I, we would get together every couple years. We were vanilla (my favorite flavor) friends but every once in a while they would pepper the conversation with innuendo about these trips they went on to "deepen and strengthen" their relationship.

We finally joined them on a trip to Desire Pearl in May to celebrate our 15 year wedding anniversary. And boy were our eyes opened 8-)

We experimented, hit a speed bump or two, certainly pushed our boundaries, and overall concluded that we had a blast. We couldn't wait to return. The stars aligned and the opportunity presented itself over this past labor day weekend. We decided that we would try Riviera Maya this time so that we could have a baseline comparison for future adventures. This trip report lays out our conclusions and shares our experiences.

The rooms seemed a bit better at Pearl, but in May we had a penthouse suite so it's hard to make a fair comparison. The food seemed better at RM, both were good, neither were spectacular. The pool was better at Pearl (the swim up bar is a +), but perhaps the renovated pool at RM will close this gap. The hot tub was better at Pearl (bigger, better multi-level options), though we did like the rooftop view of the HT at RM. The disco was laid out a bit better at RM. The playroom was bigger and better at RM, IMO. The look of the beach was better at Pearl (the palm trees and the pier), but the swimability (is that a word?) of the sea at RM is better. The beach beds were nice at both places. In regards to service, the nod goes to the truly outstanding staff at Riviera Maya.

We had the couples erotic massage at Pearl. We would both HIGHLY recommend it (especially for first timers). It was mind blowing and perhaps the top highlight of our May trip. That being said, we did not get one at RM, I think a big part of the experience is not really knowing how it will end and enjoying that surprise. Once you know, you know. Mrs. Vivere loves massages and would go back for a deep tissue. I really just like the happy endings :-)

Friday 8/29
Arrived in CUN just before noon. We had no bags checked so we went directly to the customs line. A quick stamp and a green light and we were through. Painless as usual. As soon as we exited the airport a staff member from Aventour Transfers was there with a resort placard with our name on it. Not sure if I was imagining things but it seemed like other arriving passengers oozed with envy as they saw us whisked away to this mysterious resort named 'Desire'.

Twenty minutes later we pulled up to the hotel. After a cool towel and a glass of champagne we completed the check-in process. Our room was not yet ready so we asked for directions to Tentazione (casual lunch restaurant) and for a spot to leave our bags. We had been forewarned the activity update (timeshare spiel) so we smiled and offered a clear "no gracias" when the time came. We walked to the restaurant taking in the hotel grounds and admiring the view. The Caribbean sea was nice to look at as well ;-)

We loved the open air aspect of Tentazione, especially compared to the enclosed Aphrodite at Pearl, but we really wished that both resorts had a dedicated Mexican restaurant. We secured a table with a clear view of the pool as the afternoon entertainment was just getting started. Sexy and silly is how I would describe it.

We checked after lunch and our room was ready. It was an 'ocean view' room, and technically, yes, you could see a sliver of the sea, but in reality it was a pool view room. We were concerned that it would be loud and considered changing rooms but as we really just wanted to get wet (by that I mean get in the pool...come on it was only noon...stick with me and you will get all the subtle innuendo that your dirty little mind desires). We freshened up, stripped down, and for the second time in our lives - egressus est nudus!

We strolled by the other mostly naked people, there were a few women in bottoms only, and a few guys in board shorts or euro briefs, but most were living free.

I read in one of the other trip reports that in regards to alcohol at Desire, it's a marathon not a sprint, and I have to agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, I do not always follow the advice of others even when I know it to be sage. This was one of those times. Like Usain Bolt I shot out of the blocks with champagne, beer, and jello shots. Then it was up to the hot tub to take in the view, make friends and drink some more beer, it's only beer, and then some more beer. There might have been some rum or vodka thrown in there but those rumors are currently unsubstantiated. We were having a great time. Meeting new people. Telling jokes. And generally flirting about. As the vibe started to heat up the brain started to slow down. A nap loomed large in my future. What I thought would be a 20 minute siesta turned into a 3 hour slumber. Right through dinner. Thankfully the one with all of the beauty and most of the brains, ordered us room service, so this sleeping beauty (moi) had a plate full of fuel when he was wakened with a kiss (or was it an elbow in the back?).

We missed dinner. We missed the party in the Melange. Maybe we missed it all. Maybe day one was a bust. Then again maybe not >:)

It was lingerie night (or playboy party?) so Mrs. Vivere (MV) put on a tight red and black corset, black fishnets, and black patent leather heels. I woke in a dark mood and dressed in black on black with black shoes. But really, it's not about us guys now, is it? We made it up to the disco feeling like we had a shot to salvage our sexy. The disco was nice. A better layout that Pearl, IMO. The ladies were decked and more than a few of the fellas were pimping their best 'Hugh Hefner'. We met up with a few of our 'new friends' from the hot tub earlier and proceeded to test out the dance floor. Just when things would get fun the DJ would clear the dance floor with some salsa that was muy authentico. I generally dig me some salsa and truly admire those with the passion but I was not alone it not feeling it this night. Someone suggested we check out the late night hot tub scene and we thought - what a great idea!

Our room just happened to be right below the hot tub so we stopped off on the way, stripped off our club wear, put on our beachwear, climbed the stairs, stripped off our beachwear, and got into the hot tub! The LNHT did not disappoint. Sexy couples hanging out, partying, making friends, and showing off (which the voyeur in me certainly appreciated). A mariposa maravillosa fluttered in, drawing attention with such beautiful wings, and communicating without words. When words were finally spoken it was someone suggesting a migration to the beds surrounding the hot tub deck area.

Spent from a long first day and night we collected our clothes, descended the stairs, entered our suite, and collapsed on the bed.

Saturday
We woke to bright blue skies. Coffee was made and sleep was wiped from our eyes. We dressed casually and made our way to El Arrecife for breakfast. I opted for fresh fruit, bacon, sausage, and potatoes. My coital counterpart fancied the chilaquiles.

After breakfast the Missus made reservations for dinner at Sahalo then headed to beach to track down Rene who was to hook her up with one of the beach beds that we had reserved at check-in. I made my way to the fitness center next to the spa. The fitness center was well appointed with the typical cardio machines and nautilus-type weight lifting equipment. I figured a 4 mile run on the treadmill would sufficiently sweat out the poisons from the previous day and night. Leaving the fitness center I made my way to the beach.

The view was outstanding. Virgin white sands led to the spectacular multi-hued turquoise waters of the Mexican Caribe. My eyes drifted to one of the raised, white draped beds upon which lay my Caribbean Queen (cue Billy Ocean). I walked over, stripped off my sweat soaked workout gear, turned and waded into the sea. The temperature was perfection. Cool enough to refresh the core yet warm enough as to not shrink the center of my universe (or at least those parts that have been the metaphorical center of my universe since puberty). Like the early Tetrapod, I emerged from the sea and crossed my personal "Romer's Gap" to join my wife who lay naked, sipping an icy margarita on the bed.

Francesca saw me sit and came by to take my order for a fresh mint mojito. The service at the beach, and really throughout the property, was outstanding the entire time we were there. My mood was set by the perfect mix of vacation sensations: a balmy tropical breeze, the rhythmic lapping of the waves on the shore, sweet rum on my lips , and my favorita by my side. It was intoxicating. We connected through conversation. The meaningful conversation that flows when one is comfortable, relaxed, and far away from the distractions of every day life.

After another drink or two, I convinced MV to join me in the ocean for a swim. We frolicked through the surf letting the salt water wash away what remaining cares that we brought with us from El Norte. MV swam into my arms and we floated together in a lovers embrace. We played together in a subtle manner so as not to attract attention or offend others enjoying the beach. This is my most beautiful memory of the trip. We stopped Rene and asked him if we could reserve a bed for tomorrow. He explained that this particular bed was taken as some "big party group" had reserved 3 in a row but the next one over was available. I was slightly hesitant to reserve our island of relaxation next to a "party group" but we did anyway.

Another fine lunch at Tentazione followed. Then some pool time before heading back to the beach bed for an afternoon nap. Wary of repeating the boozy breakdown of the previous day I decided to substitute mineral water and OJ in place of beer and cocktails. This worked like a charm as I was able to power through hot tub happy hour, dinner, disco, and LNHT with a sound mind and a smile on my face.

Happy hour at the hot tub was happening! There is something about a crowded hot tub full of naked people and a swim up bar that is pretty conducive to making new friends. While some fairly discrete PDA was going on (a HJ here, a BJ there, a couple on one of the beds across the way) there was really nothing to shock or offend anyone other than the most prudish type who would probably not choose to recreate at a property such as Desire. We left teased, tempted, and excited for the evening that lay ahead.

A fun and friendly couple from the hot tub joined us for dinner. Dinner was yum but the entree portions were pequeño. It was suggested that we order an appetizer and two entrees. That seemed about right. Dress for dinner was on the nicer side. I planned to stay dressed the same for the disco. MV, being the dirty little schoolgirl that she is, needed to go back to the room to tart up. The other couple we dined with both had elaborate costumes planned. We stopped by the room and were there long enough for MV to lose her sexy red dress, cinch up her steel boned corset, and step into her plaid short skirt, which I was guessing was not really meant to cover her assets. Did I mention that our room had a view?

A quick stop for a drink at the Melange then up to the disco. The DJ had it going off this night. A much better song selection had the energy high. We enjoyed another drink and hit the dance floor. After a few songs we recognized the Fab Four, a couple British couples and new friends from the hot tub, over at the bar. We made our way over, kissed hello, commented on their sexy outfits, and refreshed our drinks. Then it was back to the dance floor to take advantage of the killer beats that the DJ was spinning. We recognized, and now knew, many more people out there which made the dancing that much more fun. We'd dance together, then turn around and dance with someone else, and then we'd be shaking it next to each other once again. Dancing and drinks and dancing or was it drinks? And the next thing I knew I was in a conga line to the playroom. We hadn't seen it the night before and I was curious as to how it compared to the one at Pearl. Bigger and better is my conclusion.

The action on the dance floor and in the playroom really got the blood flowing and raised the excitement level. There was no way we were ready for bed at this point. What to do? Hmmm? Well, we could check out the LNHT scene :-)

Back to the room. Stripped off our club wear, didn't bother with beachwear, and strolled upstairs wearing nothing but our smiles. The LNHT was lively, not as crazy crowded as happy hour, but lively. The bartenders kept our thirst at bay and we enjoyed talking and laughing with our new friends, half of the aforementioned Fab Four! As a truly wonderful day came to and end, MV and I slipped away together to a cozy cama in the corner of the hot tub deck and fell fast asleep. It was nearing 5 AM when the staff finally rousted us from our repose.

Sunday (funday)
We barely made it out of bed in time for breakfast at El Arrecife. We sat near the window and waited for the jolt that comes with the days first cup of coffee to kick in before heading to the buffet. Eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, and yogurt would fill my belly. In a replay from the morning before, MV came back with a plateful of chilequiles. Apparently she appreciates variety in something other than breakfast.

For some reason I was not quite feeling up to visiting the fitness center. We decided that a lazy day on the beach was just what the doctor would order if we had happened to see a doctor. Which we did not. But what a lovely prescription. Warm breezes, lapping waves, and Francesca stopping by to make sure that we had everything that we could need. What could be better on a beach bed in the morning than a mimosa? One turned into two and the next thing you know, Francesca brought over an ice bucket, an unopened bottle of champagne, and a small bottle of OJ.

It was about this time that the much feared "big party group" arrived to take up residence in the 3 beach beds to our left. They wore "Team Crystal" t-shirts....for a little while anyway...and brought with them ice buckets filled with corona, moonshine, games, and there own little sound system. I could tell right away that we were going to like these people!

MV went to use the little girls room and get something from the bar as I lazed on the lounge chair in front of the beach bed. Team Crystal took up positions around a small table next to me. They apologized in advance that they may be loud and rambunctious. No worries I assured them. They explained that they were going to play "Catch Phrase" and they invited me, and Mrs. Vivere when she returned, to play with them. I was not familiar with the game but I thought what the hell how often does one get invited to play games naked with six sexy strangers? Introductions were made as they explained the game. MV reappeared shaking her head and laughing under her breath at my new found aptitude for making friends (at home I hold that I am NOT a people person).

It was decided that we would play in teams, girls vs guys. Someone put out there that a little action on the game would make it more interesting. The payoffs for the winners would be decided later :-) I did not alert our new friends that MV possesses an uncanny skill at these types of games and a competitive streak that runs DEEP. The women, however, were slightly handicapped in that for one of the gals, while her English was awesome, it was, in fact, her second language. This added a layer of hilarity in some of the descriptive words used to illicit a phrase. MV was not the only player with a focus on victory. I was warned that "C", who happened to be to my right, would throw the game device once her teammates properly named the phrase. I did not realize that they meant literally! We played a few rounds and the men squeaked out a win. We then moved on to a few rounds of taboo and again the men emerged victorious. I was looking forward to cashing in my chips and collecting the booty! Unfortunately, due to the short duration of our stay, and other distractions, this debt remains uncollected. But it shall be! Even if we have to return to DRM next labor day this debt will be foreclosed on. Plus interest :-)

We joined this rambunctious group for a late lunch and after decided to meet at the hot tub. The hot tub this afternoon was even livelier than the day before. And a bit more rowdy. A bit of weather had rolled in so what better place to be than in the warm water. Apparently I was not the only one with this thought as it was PACKED. It was also crowded outside the hot tub around the bar. We chatted with new friends and made new-er friends and partied the afternoon away. We were having so much fun that we decided to skip dinner and planned to grab some pizza at the Melange later.

The theme for Sunday night was Neon which we hadn't really packed for. MV decided to wear sexy yet subdued black dress that was much more comfortable than the sexy slutwear of the previous two nights. One of our friends gave her a couple glow stick bracelets and she was set. The disco was hot once again and the DJ picked up the groove right where he left off the night before. We knew even more people now so the enjoyment level on the dance floor was that much higher. There was dancing' and singin'and movin' to the groovin', And just when it hit me, somebody turned around an shouted ...take that to the playroom white boy....okay, that may be a lame Wild Cherry reference, but someone did suggest the playroom, so three of us couples headed that way. Some where along the way from the dance floor to the playroom 3 became 4. After a while the 4 became 5. I'm thinking holy $#!t this is going exponential. Like the ice bucket challenge without the charity donation...or the ice...or the bucket...and with a bunch of naked people.

The disco was winding down so we decided to call it a night. We had a mid-morning flight back to the States and did not want to be completely exhausted. On our way back to the room MV suggested we peak in on the LNHT just to see what's going on. Damn, I love that woman! We climbed the stairs still dressed in our club wear and no plans to play anymore. We struck up a conversation with a cute coupe standing by the bar but just as my second wind began to blow MV touched my arm, tilted her head, and gave me that "are you f#@$ing kidding me" look. We said goodbye and headed downstairs to the sanctuary of our suite.

Monday
Heading home. Exhausted. Spent. Three nights was definitely better than two. Could we have done four or five? Probably, but we would have had to done a better job of pacing ourselves. Something about the short duration of the trip kept the adrenaline pumping. God forbid we miss something.

It would not be unfair for the reader to conclude that we basically went from not knowing what the "Lifestyle" was to being hardcore swingers in two trips. We, however, are not so quick to assign ourselves a label. To us, this resort is a special place where we shed our inhibitions along with our clothes. A fantasyland where we can let loose, experience beauty, and explore our sexiness. A satisfying, sensual, wet dream that fulfills our....Desire.
vivere
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Apr 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Re: Labor Day 2014 - RM/Pearl Comp-Team Crystal Collections

Postby landedesire » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:55 pm

Thanks for the detailed trip report and for taking the time to write one. I am thinking you should also try your hand at a latin romance novel as well, lol... I agree that the shorter the stay, the longer the days/nights can be :) We are headed back to RM for our 6th time in Nov. and are, as usual, eating the board alive these days.

Laura and Eric
landedesire
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby daytonswing » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:40 pm

What a funny and informative review! I felt like (and wished) I was there with you. Thanks for sharing!
daytonswing
Desire Convert

Postby ourfuntrip » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:23 am

Thank you for the entertaining trip report. I have been to Desire many times but this brought me there and made me even more excited for our next trip, sounds like you guys had a great time.
ourfuntrip
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 14 Oct 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie LL

Postby 2FunLvrs » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:34 pm

Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed reading about your adventures and I picked up a few tips along the way.
2FunLvrs
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 12 Oct 2014

Postby rparty » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:11 pm

Great trip report ! Crystal says hi.. I did warn you that she would throw the game at your junk... Martin & Christi. BTW your wife is far to smart to play :L
rparty
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 30 Aug 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie Rparty

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya