Newbies Vacation Highlights/Sept. 10-20, 2014

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Newbies Vacation Highlights/Sept. 10-20, 2014

Postby Xhibition Lovers » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:28 pm

Intro: Where to start? We have been C/O travelers for eight years and have traveled to Hidden Beach (nice but too low key) Caliente Tampa (pricey and poor customer service) and our favorite Caliente Caribe in the Dominican Republic (which has been shutter for who knows how long), so we looked for a new destination and decided to give Desire RM a shot. It ended up the best decision for our appetite and energy level! We are not swingers, but are playful and adventurous with a love for PDA/PDS.
Rather than a minute-by-minute, blow-by-blow account, I'll try to hit the high points.

Travel: LOVE Cancun because we fly out in the morning and are on the beach by mid-afternoon. Mexico’s Customs procedures are quite streamline compared with other countries and we breezed through with no hassles. In all our trips to Mexico, we have never encountered any difficulties. Just lucky, I guess. But we do make it a point to keep it simple and we never buy anything either coming in or going out of Mexico so we have nothing to declare.

Facilities: Clean, clean and clean. The grounds and common areas are well groomed and our room was kept in pristine shape. Plenty of clean, big, fluffy towels everywhere. Maintenance staff just as friendly and helpful as the service staff. Be sure to tip the lady who keeps the disco restrooms and sin room in excellent condition. (I don't think she gets many tips and she was very appreciative) Staff cleaned seaweed from the beach daily. It’s an endless job during seaweed season, but they were hard at work every day. We have traveled all over the world staying in classy places, and never have we seen cleaner plates, glasses and flatware or better kept cooking and serving facilities. Our room was not large, but was modern, stylishly decorated, quality linens and well appointed with an ocean view and king bed. And, we never got bit by mosquitos (and trust me, mosquitos love me). Maintenance kept standing water to a minimum, kept bushes and foliage trimmed back and in the evening, we put insect repellent on as a precaution.

Food: Excellente! We enjoyed all our meals. Since we are not buffet fans, we preferred supper at the fine dining restaurants where you can relax and be served in a romantic setting. Once I got my husband over the fact that he had to put slacks and closed-toed shoes on for supper (he’s a die-hard nudist), dining was very enjoyable. Our favorite was “Sahlo” since it was quiet, intimate, with delicious food and lots of opportunity for sensual conversations. The food at “Suki” was very good, but it was noisy and difficult to converse without yelling. Try “Suki” in the afternoon from 1-4pm when it is quiet and uncrowded with a great sushi menu.

Service: Amazing. From the moment we checked in and were introduced to our host, Gabriela, until they sent us home kicking and crying, we were treated like royalty. The staff was prompt, friendly, always smiling, and going out of their way to take care of any request. Thanks to C.C., Victor, Silvia, Oscar, Candido, Carlos, Kayla and so many more who served drinks, secured beach beds, ran errands, booked reservations for supper, prepared our favorite drinks (and never forgot what we liked to drink). Yes, they did all this and more with or without tips. We originally thought we were their favorites, until we discovered that they treat every guest with grace and courtesy. Eight days into our vacation, my allergies had flared up (due to winds and all those lovely flowers) and drainage had made my throat raw. When Victor came by our beach bed to take our drink order, I whined about my throat and he and Silvia wanted me to have something soothing. When I suggested a Hot Toddy, they took down my requirements, made a special trip to the restaurant kitchen for hot tea and honey, and shortly after Victor returned with the most comforting and delicious therapeutic drink and offered to keep them coming all day. Now, that is service. We celebrated our anniversary while there and the staff prepared a secluded corner table in “Sahlo” set up personally for us with flower pedals on the table and champagne.

Pool/Beach/Ocean/Jacuzzi: We didn’t miss the pool (under construction) because we were busy with the beach, the ocean and the Jacuzzi/Jacuzzi lounge beds. Most days there were plenty of beach beds and lounge chairs, always with fresh towels. It is advisable to book early or get out on the beach early morning for best selection. We enjoyed walking on the powdery sand beach and found there was plenty of room to swim in the bath-warm sea. We went to Pearl on Saturday for the Foam Party in their pool. It was a blast and I hope DRM starts doing their Foam Party in the pool when the pool reopens. (More fun than Foam Party on the beach currently held at DRM) The beach at DRM is a little larger and easier to swim in than Pearl, but remember, every day on the beach is a GOOD DAY and we were happy to be on both. If you want to beat the crowds and get some quality time on the Jacuzzi beds before the partying gets in full swing, try mid-afternoon. We loved the Jacuzzi bar/lounge. The rooftop views over the ocean and sunset scenes made this space special. The Jacuzzi (hot tub) is not large, but frankly, we liked the crowded, sexy, party atmosphere when the late afternoon and late night crowds arrive. The water was warm and the guests were hot! There were six Jacuzzi beds and eight lounge chairs which would be plenty if people didn’t hog the beds by piling their belongings on them and going off and leaving them. How long you occupied the beds was not an issue. We used them for 2 hours++, but when we were finished, we disposed of our towels, put our belongings in the cubbies provided and opened up the beds for others before going into the Jacuzzi. We saw some guests who never even used the beds for other than storage. We hate rules, but think management needs to make it clear that beds are for using, not hording.

Daily Activities: There were lots of daytime activities but we can’t elaborate much because we only joined in once, due to our tight schedule of beach, ocean, spa and sexual exercise (used to wear off all those drink and food calories LOL). The entertainment staff worked very hard, but was also courteous not to hassle or disturb guests with regard to activities. One afternoon when they had live music at the beach gazebo, they came around to nearby beach beds to advise guests and let them know that they could lower the volume if necessary. Very thoughtful, but unnecessary since the music was appropriately entertaining.

Evening Entertainment: During our stay, it was lively, engaging and lots of guests joined in. We were surprised to find that we wanted to join in the evening activities every night of our stay. The lobby bar started about 9 or 10pm with drinks, socializing, music, dancing and on certain nights scheduled entertainment. Sometimes we joined in with theme costumes (me and not hubby; he doesn’t go much for costumes) and some evening we just sat back and watched others. Guests are free to costume or not as the mood strikes then. Either way, it was fun. At about 10:45pm the action moved up to the Disco, starting with performers who were very good, followed by dancing. The place was hopping, and my husband who usually doesn’t dance until sufficiently drunk, was up on the dance floor without coaxing. There was some dirty dancing and some frisky behavior among consenting couples. We found it romantic, sensual and very pleasurable to watch couples enjoying each other. We didn’t consider it gawking, nor did we find it uncomfortable to watch or be watched, but rather fun and playful. We headed back to JUST take a peek at the Sin Room, and before I knew it my husband had my clothes off and had me flat on my back. We both worried that the Sin Room would be stuffy and sort of creepy, but it was neither. It was clean with plenty of towels, couples were very polite, and the atmosphere was electric. If you are able to shed you inhibitions, this is a great place to get-it-on. Then, many of the couples made their way up to the rooftop Jacuzzi which stayed open until 3 am (one night we stayed until way after the bartender left at 3am and ended up closing the resort down) Last but not least, the open-air lobby bar stays open until 5am serving drinks, pizza and sandwiches. At home, we’re often asleep by the evening news, but it was so much fun that we enjoyed the facilities until the early hours. We had the fabulous BLT sandwiches every morning before hitting the sack. Again, be sure to tip the woman who makes the sandwiches and makes great pizza. by hand, from scratch. I think the bartenders get most of the tips, and she works so hard and really appreciates the TYs.

Sexual Atmosphere and Vibe: I was quite concerned about my loving husband wanting to participate before we arrived at Desire. We discussed everything in advance, but he still seemed unsure. And I must admit, I was also a bit nervous. We are what I call “Real Estate Lovers”; it’s about Location, Location, Location. We have done it in many exotic locations like a castle wall, a beach bar hut after hours, on a rooftop, etc. but always secretly to avoid being arrested. He has always loved to tease me with sexual overtures at a restaurant, trying to fondle me in public and I have spent years pushing him away and scolding him. I have fantasized for years about sex in public, but wondered if it would feel awkward, obscene, or unnatural. From the moment you enter Desire the atmosphere is welcoming, sensual, a bit provocative, but in good taste. Let’s just say, it is Classy and non-judgmental. Desire is accepting of all ages, shapes, colors, tastes, lifestyles and sexual appetites. We believed that everyone from the staff to the other guests was celebrating our sexuality and it was liberating in a way that is truly contagious. My husband was already so comfortable with the setting and the people that on the first night he did me in the Sin Room and later on the Jacuzzi bed (and it was magical!) We are madly in love and everyone seemed to appreciate it and encouraged us to enjoy it in this very sensuous setting. There is no pressure, no judgments and so you are free to do as little or as much play as you want. Some couples were quiet and reserved, some bold, some exhibitionist (like us) some voyeurs, some swingers, some strictly vanilla and others adventurous and open to new experiences, but all respectful.

Conclusion: To illustrate what we thought of Desire as a destination, we have already booked at trip to Desire Pearl in January during Lifestyle Month. Even though we are not swingers, we are very comfortable with the vibe, the people, the PDS play and are ready to enjoy what we have discovered is the ideal vacation playground for us. Hope this has been helpful to Newbies trying to decide where to go for a sexy vacation that can both heighten and strengthen a relationship.
And you can leave your hat on! XL
Xhibition Lovers
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Jun 2017

Re: Newbies Vacation Highlights/Sept. 10-20, 2014

Postby eddieandjojo » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:13 am

Absolutely lovely, well done!
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby Gemini Rose » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:22 am

Very nice report and so right about everything! It was nice to meet you. Maybe our paths will cross on another trip. So glad you found the "magic" of Desire (in more ways than one, re:your other posts). Our only regret is not finding it sooner.
Gemini Rose and Cowboy
Gemini Rose
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 May 2019

Postby Xhibition Lovers » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:27 am

Gemini Rose,
DITO. Great to hear from you. We really enjoyed talking and laughing with you and your man on our September trip. We're going to jump over to Pearl for our next vacation. Not being fickle, just believe "variety is the spice of life" or something like that. Need to try out those big, round, flat, white pillars in the Pearl Jacuzzi. LOL
I'm sure we'll meet up one of these days. In the meantime, take good care of yourself, girlfriend. XL (A&D)
Xhibition Lovers
Desire Devotee

Postby Xhibition Lovers » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:56 am

DITO??? Ooopps! Ditto is spelled with two "t"s, I think. But it's not my fault. Too much sex destroys brain cells. So, let's choose: wild sex or spelling pro? You know where my vote is cast!!!! LOL
Xhibition Lovers
Desire Devotee

Postby Hughmcs » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:22 am

Xhibition,
Thanks for the great post. It gave a really true representation of the resort and staff. Have a blast in January
Hughmcs
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Sep 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS/SDC

Postby ourfuntrip » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:54 am

Great report and I think it will be helpful to those who have not been before. I love your description of the vibe, openness and friendliness of everyone there. It is difficult to describe.
ourfuntrip
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 14 Oct 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie LL

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya