August trip report, 2014

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

August trip report, 2014

Postby charon1oar » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:00 pm

It's a little late but wanted to put up a trip report. We came to Desire RM in late August ad had an absolute blast. We were originally booked for Desire Pearl and at the last minute I changed to RM because it was my girlfriend's first visit to a Desire or any similar resort, we are in our mid 30's and I wanted her to have a fun experience. Pearl looked beautiful but from everything I read and later saw it seems a bit tamer, Pearl fanatics, I know it all depends on what week it is, but this seemed to work out for us. The resort staff was awesome when changing the reservation and couldn't have been more helpful. As usual used the car service from Desire to do airport pickup and drop off, only thing was this time it wasn't an SUV like last time but more of a regular van, still, glad I did it, always like having them waiting.

We had a junior suite with inside jacuzzi, sadly we didn't get to use :P , as usual room was well kept, mini fridge re-stocked every day and the champagne always waiting, the staff threw a little extra in since it was her first time. Our butler were amazing, always making dinner reservations and making sure we had everything we needed. The entertainment staff was nice and tried but they need to turn it up a notch, were having a hard time getting people going, they just don't have the zing the previous ones did but I think they can get there.

The crowd was very friendly and we met some great people, always funny how people tend to cluster into little groups there and we jumped between a few groups. With the exception of one couple who were too over the top and practically stalking one of our new sets of friends everyone we met was great which I was nervous about with it being her first time and all. Our last two nights we hung out with two couples from CA who were veteran Desire goers and they just rocked! The foam party was held not he beach and was honestly one of the best parties I have ever been too! Doing it on the beach was a great idea and everyone had a blast, I can not say enough about the foam party. All in all, really glad we chose RM over Pearl, she had such a good time she can't wait to go back.

The food was great, the specialty restaurants were amazing, drinks always flowed and the music and the people made it a great trip.
SLS: radesire
charon1oar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Feb 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya