Our First Trip, Confused - Dec 2014

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Our First Trip, Confused - Dec 2014

Postby MOkids » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:59 pm

Well, last week we visited Desire for the first time. Of course we had ideas and expectations of what things would be like. Some of them were fairly accurate, some of them were disappointly inaccurate.
We read the forums and did out homework on what was acceptable, encouraged, etc.
On our first day we met a couple of couples that had been several times. This was very helpful to figure out when and where things were happening. It would be pretty tough with no guidance to know some of these things.
I will say, we knew we were on the young side, but really felt we were in the right demographic category for Desire. We are 36 and 33. Apparantly we look much younger than that by the responses we got from people. And also the nickname of "the kids" we aquired within the first 6 hours of being there. I think anyone reading this that was there will know who we are.
We think we will return, but are bothered by some things.
We were under the impression that at the buffet for breakfast or dinner something see through was acceptable. My wife was completely covered up, but her clothes were see through. We got some very obvious looks of disaproval and it made me uncomfortable.

We aren't "in the lifestyle" or "swingers." We have messed around and home with a few people, and were somewhat open with being around another couple, but really weren't sure we were ok with too much. We ended up meeting another couple that were eerily simar to us. They were awesome. We clicked. We all laughed nonstop together. We like like good friends very quickly. Then things went further. Which we were all fine with. The rest of the trip we spent together with them. We hung out together pretty much every minute. We were fairly open. We walked around together. Layed on pool beds together, ate together, etc. We also did this with each others spouses. We freely switched back and forth for walks, laying around, etc. We really had fun, but tried to be as respectful of others as possible. We never did anyhing we felt would make anyone uncomfortable. We did far less in view of others that other coulples were doing. I guess this is not acceptable to some point. We figured if anywhere, it would have been at Desire. We got a lot of blatent dirty looks, people were obviously talking about us. It also seemed to make people think that since we were with another couple it was ok for other guys and couples to be very direct and completely inappropriate to our wives. Dissappointing.

Some of the entertainment staff were pretty inappropriate also we felt. We are pretty open minded, obviously. But there is a line. When male entertainment staff is constantly making talk of sexual innuendo to the point you believe they would jump on the oppurtunity, it gets a little uncomfortable. It wasn't ok for us to be ok walking around with another couple holding hands, but ok for staff to hint around and somewhat directly try to make passes at my wife conveniently while I wasn't near her.

Wish things stayed as scheduled and were posted consistently. Foam party was moved to a different day so we missed it. Bummer. A lot of activities we missed because we had no clue they happened and weren't the right day or time according to the itenenary given to us. Theme nights were switched also. Frustrating. Communication is obviously a major problem.

On a good note, we had fun. The service staff was GREAT. The resort is very nice and we definately had fun. We also met a great couple that we will be friends with for a long time. Was worth the trip just for that.
MOkids

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 14 Dec 2014

Re:Our First Trip, Confused - Dec 2014

Postby Sunlovers17 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:33 pm

Hi J and T. We know who you are and we were one of the couples you met when arriving. Glad you enjoyed your trip and you certainly done nothing unacceptable to Desire standards!!! I think everyone was so pleased you settled in so quickly! We agree about the scheduling of activities etc and have actually complained today (yes we're still here!). Hope to see you back next December! :UK
Sunlovers17

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 08 Dec 2014

Re:Our First Trip, Confused - Dec 2014

Postby MOkids » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:13 pm

You guys were awesome. You were nothing but nice, friendly and accepting. Thank You.
MOkids

Re: Our First Trip, Confused - Dec 2014

Postby WellInever » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:21 pm

Your concerns are based around your perception of what you felt others thought about you...

Sounds really like you had a blast.. or did we miss something?
Relax and get naked.. you're on holiday..
WellInever
Desire Fan

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 17 Sep 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby MOkids » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:26 pm

Yes. We had a blast for sure. It may not be possible to have more fun than we did. :)
MOkids

Postby Cdn_couple » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:10 pm

Well, I sure had a blast, and I believe we were mentioned in this post somewhere......

As to what others say, who cares.

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhh jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Cdn_couple
Desire Lover

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 10 Nov 2019

Postby travelfun » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:56 pm

It sounds like you guys had a great time! That is awesome.

We wanted to offer our experience for whatever that is worth: Our first trip to desire we were both 24. Now we are 28 and have been 3 times in the last 4 years. Twice to RM and most recently to Pearl in early November. Our first two trips were similar to yours in the sense that we found one or two couples in our age demographic, but had a ton of fun chatting and hanging out with people of various ages. We had a blast and got addicted, as so many others have done. (sounds like you may have caught that desire bug too?)

Our first word of advice is that you should definitely not be concerned that people are judging what you do. People will definitely look (you two are probably nice to look at) but are not judging you, just as I am sure you are not judging them. If anything, they are probably rooting you on.

Second, if you are looking for a younger crowd, consider traveling with a group so you have a better idea of the age demographics before you get there. We had a blast on our first two trips but we traveled with "desirous party" on our trip to pearl in November and WOW. We will probably be back with the same group in November next year. Consider that week!
kasidie: travelfun
DRM 12/11
DRM 9/13
Pearl 11/14
Pearl 9/15
Pearl 8/16
Pearl 9/19
travelfun
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 30 Aug 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie: travelfun

Postby danbo » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:36 am

Here's another vote for Desirous Party. They came in (to Pearl) for our last couple of days in Nov. and were a fun, friendly and sexy crowd. We weren't a part of their group but they made us feel welcome.
danbo
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Apr 2018

Postby SJCrazy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:37 pm

When we first went to Desire, we were 21 and 23. We're now 28 and 31, and we're still the young kids. Enjoy it while you can, you won't be "the kids" forever!

I wasn't there (you were a week early for us), and I'm not saying you're wrong, but it sounds to me like you're a bit hypersensitive to attention. There is almost no such thing as negative attention at Desire; exceptions are angry/fighting/disrespectful couples, which I'm pretty sure you are not. Desire is a place where most everybody is watching most everybody else. I know I'm constantly checking out everybody around us, especially the hottest people, and I'll turn to Miss SJ and comment sometimes. Most of the time the comment is about how hot somebody is, how hot their clothes are, how horny she's making me, how funny somebody's theme night outfit is, etc.

Don't sweat the attention. Also the entertainment staff is always just joking around. I guarantee that they made no real passes at your wife, as that's prohibited on pain of termination. They'll "pick on" younger couples and anybody they think is game for it, because that's their job. If you really don't appreciate it, just walk up to them when they're not busy some time and let them know and I'm sure they'll respect your wishes. Maybe we'll see you there some time!
SJCrazy
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby Cdn_couple » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:53 am

I happen to think it was one of the best experiences of our life really.

We met you guys in the hot tub, chatted for 20 minutes, went for what can only be described as a confusing dinner, then before you know it we are back at the hot tub and all over each other.

And I think it has turned in to much more than that now! Friends for life I think.
Cdn_couple
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 10 Nov 2019

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya