Desire RM

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Desire RM

Postby MGC » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:11 pm

Just came back from Desire RM. We had a wonderful time, as always the facilities were wonderful, the entertainment was good, the food was good and our accommodations were very nice. We stayed in the Passion Suite, my husband was disappointed that all the other passion suites had a mirror on the ceiling above the bed except for ours. The one thing that disappointed me was this...we are members and as members there are some perks we get like special towels by the pool. Not once during our entire trip did we get those special towels...is this something new? I know this sounds a little petty, and I don't mean to sound that way but when you spend tens of thousands of dollars to become a member you sort of expect those things. With that said, I would like to put out a special thank you to Keyla and to Jorge...wow you two are just awesome. Keyla is so sweet and fun, she was just a wonderful host. Jorge made our stay in the Passion Suite so nice. When we entertained friends in our room and needed two additional champagne glass he made sure we had them and made some wonderful suggestions and followed through with them; like having the jacuzzi tub filled, having rose petals sprinkled around and candles lit. Very nice!
MGC

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 03 Apr 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: Desire RM

Postby eddieandjojo » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:16 pm

MGC wrote:....... The one thing that disappointed me was this...we are members and as members there are some perks we get like special towels by the pool. Not once during our entire trip did we get those special towels...is this something new? I know this sounds a little petty, and I don't mean to sound that way but when you spend tens of thousands of dollars to become a member you sort of expect those things......

Ok, so I'm trying to NOT be judgemental but you do come across as petty and "that way" over logo towels......is it seriously going to make a difference in your overall experience that it deserves mention in your otherwise good trip report? We are also members, have a butler, etc, etc....guess we really don't focus on that while at RM or Pearl. We made the decision to become members so we could enjoy additional nights with the discount, not focus on the other minor perks.....so now we stay 8 nights instead of 5. Oh well, everyone IS different (thank goodness) so I'm glad that you enjoyed your time at RM.

We arrive at Pearl next week and will get to enjoy 9 awesome days in paradise, sure beats the 13 degree temps we have in Indy as I write this.

Respectfully,
E&J
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby miranda2 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:47 pm

MGC wrote:With that said, I would like to put out a special thank you to Keyla and to Jorge...wow you two are just awesome. Keyla is so sweet and fun, she was just a wonderful host. Jorge made our stay in the Passion Suite so nice. When we entertained friends in our room and needed two additional champagne glass he made sure we had them and made some wonderful suggestions and followed through with them; like having the jacuzzi tub filled, having rose petals sprinkled around and candles lit. Very nice!

Perhaps this is what you paid tens of thousands of dollars for?
miranda2
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Postby TandD » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:18 am

eddieandjojo wrote:
MGC wrote:....... The one thing that disappointed me was this...we are members and as members there are some perks we get like special towels by the pool. Not once during our entire trip did we get those special towels...is this something new? I know this sounds a little petty, and I don't mean to sound that way but when you spend tens of thousands of dollars to become a member you sort of expect those things......

Ok, so I'm trying to NOT be judgemental but you do come across as petty and "that way" over logo towels......is it seriously going to make a difference in your overall experience that it deserves mention in your otherwise good trip report?

Wow, I didn't read it that way at all. She acknowledged that it was a little thing but something that they paid for and didn't get. Seems like a reasonable thing to note to me.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby kjc » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:24 pm

Have to agree -- it really is the little things that irk us. If you let them go, then shame on you.We have gone 25 + visits and it is noticeable to us that they are slipping,we still go because they are the only game in town.
kjc
Desire Lover

Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya