Service/Food/Entertainment - FANTASTIC Feb 5 - 13, 2015

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Service/Food/Entertainment - FANTASTIC Feb 5 - 13, 2015

Postby SLINON » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:34 pm

We just returned from our trip to DRM Feb 5 - 13. Wow, what a good time.

The playmakers at the pool: I read many complaints in other's reviews about the playmakers for the pool but they were just great! Sofi, Jay, Keyla...all of them really kept to the schedule and put in such a good effort trying to get participation in all of the events! The music at the pool was just perfect, calming tunes in the am with more upbeat in the early afternoon and then rocking the house in the late afternoon. Great variety to keep everyone happy!

The service: It is completely outstanding from the maid service to the bar service/pool side with Sylvia, Africa, Abraham all staff is super attentive, at times we found a bit of over-serving at the pool side lunch buffet....they were almost trying too hard and just interrupting a little too much if that might be a negative to you!?

The food was very good except for one night at the buffet that was "International Cuisine". I couldn't find much to eat, there wasn't much choice with this theme dinner but quite opposite was "French Cuisine" where there was so much to choose from and it was all so very good, I ate too much that night! Suki was great as usual, the Chicken Pad Thai was just perfect and I haven't found a Creme Brulee anywhere else that matches the one served at Suki! Breakfast is always good!

Our room was cleaned to perfection with little towel animals and hearts and a little girl! The towel art was something to take a picture of everyday for a keepsake reminder of how hard they work to please us!

We did have to get up early to claim a pool bed because it was so busy the week we were there. Pool chairs were harder to come by than the pool beds for some reason but I found the beds to be super comfortable with the adjustable back on them. There were neck roll pillows available almost every day and as many towels as you need. The pool.....for the first two days we felt like it wasn't heated and everyone was trying hard to get into it....even with all the liquid courage we had in us but those two days were also very overcast and not at hot as the remainder of the trip. By the third day, the pool was very nice, warm and easy to get into and enjoy.

The beach.....out of the 8 days we were there we saw only 2 days where there was little wind therefore making the water very nice to be in and hang out. The sand on the bottom actually settled and rippled and you could clearly see down to your feet. The colours came out with the greens and blues and it looked so amazing. The rest of the time it was quite windy which churns up the beach and makes the water muddy and sandy to be in. Still good for a quick dip but not the beach playground to lounge around in when there is no wind. This was a little disappointing to us as we would have liked to snorkel but never got around to it during the 2 calm days.

The jacuzzi....wild at times, other times pretty quiet but mostly crazy between 4 - 6 pm. One of the nights we showed up to the dry side of the jacuzzi to have a drink because it was body to body and we couldn't see any room at all so we sat on a bar stool and the lady next to us said " Hi Guys....nice show you put on yesterday!!" I really didn't remember taking part in a show, we had the last bed closest to the stairs and it appeared to be private enough to enjoy some fun stuff with the hubby but I didn't really realize the bird's eye view that the dry dock gets of that bed! I was really surprised when she said this and I said "what show"...she started pointing out attributes that hubby has and skills she thought I had etc. etc so fair warning to all the newbies...you might be on show even when you think you are quite hidden! Didn't bother me at all, we engaged in an encore the next afternoon!

Disco was great...lots of fun and really good music...we danced first at the lobby to all of the great music - bands and DJ's and then went upstairs to dance some more! What a way to burn some calories...we never did make it to the gym. My legs were sore most of the trip from dancing in my heels!

Bar staff.....super friendly and they love to see and feel "Chi Chi's" AKA boobies! Got lots of hugs and hugs and smiles and goodbye's from them. Truly good guys that are so quick to serve up any drink you want....Don't forget to try the Cappuccino Martini, it's fantastic!

Weather.....first two days were overcast and cooler but then the rest of the time was just fab and hot! Warning....it was VERY cool at night! Not kidding and I am used to living in cold weather but without any sleeves or any material on for that matter, for two of the nights we just skipped the lobby show because I just couldn't get myself to be outside in 15 C weather after being so hot and sweaty all day. For us, we will skip this time of the year in the future because I like to be warm at night as well as the day. All the staff said the best time of year for hot dry weather and warm nights is April/May. I think we'll plan an April trip or May trip next time and take advantage of the warm nights!

Atmosphere.....at first I would say it was mostly nude around the pool and beach but as the week went on it switched up so much that I would almost say it was 40-50% clothes on around the pool! Kind of made the dynamic change...for me at least I became a little more uncomfortable walking by all of the bathing suits around the pool to go by to the bathroom. I realize everyone has their own comfort level, I'm just saying for me, it made me more uncomfortable the more bathing suits showed up around the area. Guys wearing long bermuda shorts down past the knee?? What's up with that...holy crap, why go there then, I don't really get it. Regarding the Demographic or preferences of guests...not sure how to put it but there was ALOT of girl on girl action at the hot tub and disco....I know,..a man's fantasy right. Maybe not because as the girls were going at it the guys were quietly drinking their drinks and talking about all kinds of things....saw this a lot and it kind of makes me curious as to how many women at Desire are going there to get the girl action instead of couple action. It was not strange but, different to see so many men sitting on the sidelines and not even joining the women? Hmmm.

Mosquitos....pretty bad and we used OFF. The lobby bar staff have a can and one late afternoon he went all around the bar stools and generously sprayed everyone's calves and ankles. We did still see them in the room and got quite a few bites. We saw a lot of other people with bites as well so I would definitely pack the bug spray. The resort fogged at least twice that we know of but still there were a lot of the little buggers.

Resort next door......They are making progress for sure. We were told there will be around 550 rooms so 1100 more people directly in the area but I don't see that really affecting anything but the foot traffic on the beach. If you are beach sitters then you are already used to the foot traffic so I can't see it being that bad at all. The palm trees planted at the pool area will quickly grow to cover any view of the pool area. We had a direct view from our beach bed onto the new resort but once the trees grow it will be blocked.

Sorry for the long and maybe boring review but I just wanted to address some of the things that I was wondering about before I left for DRM. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask anything.
SLINON
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Jan 2024

Re: Service/Food/Entertainment - FANTASTIC Feb 5 - 13, 2015

Postby WellInever » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:41 am

Thanks for the great review.. Agree entirely with your thoughts on the nudity issue!
:UK
Relax and get naked.. you're on holiday..
WellInever
Desire Fan

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 17 Sep 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby kevinb668 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:28 pm

Couple of questions. Did they follow the theme nights posted on the website? Did many of the men dress up? And would you be able to recommend a good room location. We have booked a deluxe garden view but may upgrade to ocean view if they look worth it. Also would you recommend upper or lower floor.? 3 questions I guess!
kevinb668
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 23 Feb 2019

Postby timetwoparty » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:15 pm

We were at Desire the same time as SLINON and the only night they didn't follow the theme was on Valentine's Day Night. We found the theme nights to be fun so me and my husband dressed up every night. There were a lot of men that didnt dress up, which was disappointing, but its all about having a good time. We requested a lower level ocean view but our room wasnt ready when we got there but they had a upper ocean view ready. It was amazing. It shared a balcony with an ajoining room and had an amazing view of the beach. On negative thing about the room is there was a step down by the bed and if you had had too much to drink or were very sleepy getting out of the bed, you could easily fall down. Our neighbor actually hurt himself pretty bad but he didnt let it ruin his trip. Next time we go back, we will definetly try to get that room again.

Hope this helps and I hope yall have as much fun as we did. Our next trip cant come soon enough!!!!
timetwoparty
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 02 Oct 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sdc kasadie

Postby WellInever » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:55 pm

Forgot to ask, how was the new swim up bar?
WellInever
Desire Fan

Postby michelleandjay » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:32 pm

Thanks for the great trip review! I love looking on here weekly to read about our favourite place.

One thing.....it was our first time last year.....we will continue to go back year after year.....I think Desire represents a place for EVERYONE at any stage of comfort that feels best for them. For us (right now), it's partially nude for me and sometimes nude for the hubby (basically only after the disco in the hot tub lolololol). I think as long as everyone respects each person's comfort zone, then Desire is the place for anyone! That's what I loved about it the most - no judgement and everyone was extremely respectful! I LOVE DESIREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
michelleandjay
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 31 Jul 2015

Postby SLINON » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:24 pm

Regarding the Deluxe Garden View room location....I was in 1902 which was just fantastic...it is a walk out room, quite large, no stairs which we prefer. There is no outdoor area on the ground floor rooms to sit and relax if that is something you must have. ALSO there is a step up in the room to the bed which you will need to get used to but it's not that bad. Next time we will ask for 1401... as we walked around we could see that it has an ocean view from the window in the room, you can see straight through between two buildings so that would be a good one to ask for and it is closer to the pool and very close to the lobby, lobby bar and beach. I would request three room choices maybe 1901/1902/1401....something like that! I did have a look at room 2501 and it was an ocean view in the last building, furthest from the pool. It looked really nice, smaller than 1902 but no step in the room and the doors open to a shared patio and right in front of the beach. We were going to upgrade but decided we didn't want to take the time to pack all of our stuff and move and we were really comfortable in our room. CokeMann has a map of the resort somewhere on here where you can see the buildings.

The swim up bar is really really nice. One drawback might be that if you like full on sun, it's always in the shade except for early morning when the bar isn't open...(so that's no good!!). We enjoyed a break from the sun and went to grab drinks and hang out at the bar. It was never crowded there....we could always swim right up and get whatever we wanted, when we wanted it. Sometimes you might have a bit of a wait as the bar staff may be on the dry side serving people up top or helping out with drink orders but we never cared....we weren't in a hurry for anything....we just enjoyed all of the time there, waiting or not! ;)
SLINON
Desire Superstar

Postby WellInever » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:51 am

Thanks.. We had hoped the swim up bar might be a toned down version of the dry side at the jacuzzi, a place to have a drink and meet new friends during the day but with that underlying tension.. Maybe..

:UK
WellInever
Desire Fan

Postby kevinb668 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:22 am

Thanks for the info on the room. I am going to call and pre register 2 weeks before we go and I will see if I can get one of those rooms. Thanks
kevinb668
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 23 Feb 2019

Postby SexxxyInMe » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:21 pm

Outstanding review! We arrived the day you left and stayed until February 20. Our opinions were very similar.

As far as the room, we had a deluxe garden view room, 1311. It was a second floor room with a shared balcony. It was quiet, despite it's close proximity to the pool. It was so convenient to the pool, yet close to the beach as well. There was plenty of closet/bureau space. Our only complaint was the step down near the bed. Very dangerous, but we got used to it after just a few days.

Again, great review. So glad you had a great time, too! We can't wait to return!
SexxxyInMe
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 17 Feb 2020

Postby SLINON » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:22 pm

Thx....I think we may ask for 1301/02 next time...I noticed how convenient to the pool and beach and restaurants it is. I've heard the step in the upper rooms is in the worst location, right as you step out of the bed! The ground floor rooms have a step up that is at the foot of the bed so that the entire bed and space beside it is on the same level at least. We managed to get used to that after a couple of days but I wouldn't ask for an upper room because of the way the bed is placed. I KNOW I would break my ankle or face if I had that room!!

Glad you enjoyed your trip as well! Such a great fun place!!
SLINON
Desire Superstar

Postby SexxxyInMe » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:39 pm

SLINON wrote: I KNOW I would break my ankle or face if I had that room!!

Those were my worst fears, too! :roll:
SexxxyInMe
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 17 Feb 2020

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya