newbie trip report Feb 4-7, 2015

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

newbie trip report Feb 4-7, 2015

Postby ilsxycouple » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:57 pm

So it was a rough landing coming back to real life and we are just now getting to a trip report over a month later! But the memories are still with us and we are having HOT sex thanks to all the memories of our trip to Desire!
So our background is: 22 years married, both age 44, great marriage and madly in love, but always looking to keep the passion fire stoked and going strong. That said, we've never tried anything remotely close to this before. When my husband checked in with me about a month before our trip to say "how you doin with the idea" my response was "I'm scared shitless. You?" So we are writing this to hopefully help some future newbies because we scoured these forum posts before we went.

Summary in short: it was AWESOME!

Here's the long version:
1. First time naked in front of other people was at the hot tub. It was cool and rainy and we were cold. So the hot tub sounded good. I was freakin nervous walking the steps up there but when it came down to it, I just thought "Well I have 3 days- am I going to do this or not?" so I stripped off my clothes. I think my hubby was actually shocked because he was worried he was going to have to coax me the entire time. But I am SO much sexier than that! :wink: Soon we were in the hot tub and I couldn't believe how natural it felt. Truly, the walls just come down when you are naked.

2. Our best advice for couples is to communicate beforehand. We talked about what we were nervous about, what we were downright scared of, what we were comfortable with, what we fantasized about, what turned us on about the trip and what would damage our relationship if it happened. Because I felt so sure that he knew all that, I was so secure and so sure he understood where I was at that.... we went to the play room our first night! ... And every night after that!

3. We found the swingers we got to know to be among the most interesting people we've ever met, but the lifestyle is not for us. We had determined beforehand that this trip was about investing in our marriage and our sex life and everything we did should reinforce that goal. There is absolutely no pressure. I have never met people with such well-defined boundaries who respect others.

4. Theme nights were a lot of fun. Next time (oh yes there will be a next time!) we will get into them even more.

5. Just for the record (not that we expect that we set the record at Desire but...) we had sex 7 times in 1 day. I was pretty tired the next day. :shock: But that just goes to show you what a boost this trip will be to your love life!

6. Body image. I know it has been said before on this forum, but here it is again: it just doesn't matter. That's part of the awesome freedom of group nekked. You realize we are all pretty much in the same boat. I don't care what size you are. I have always been very thin but have always struggled with body image (oh and I have cellulite) and this was the first time I felt free. More free in fact than at the second resort we went to afterward where everyone was in bikinis. How weird is that? We women are sick-in-the-head about our bodies and this is your one chance to be free of it so take it! I was in awe of the older women or bigger women, and their confidence and freedom made them beautiful!

7. Foam Party. SO FUN! I was worried it would be a mosh pit and I'd be groped by dozens of strangers (maybe your goal and if so maybe you will find a different day it would be that way!) But we found it to be different from what I feared. It was just good clean :roll: fun! There was one moment where another woman sort of grabbed my waist but I made a tiny movement where I pulled away- with a smile- and that was all that was needed. She apologized with a laugh and was off. We smiled and waved across the pool when we saw each other the next day. That's what I meant before about boundaries- the swingers may make a subtle advance but retreat immediately at the slightest hint. After all, if not you, they will find somebody more than willing!

8. A note about the Play room: The boundaries exist even in there. One night there was a full on orgy going on near us with at least 6 people (could have been up to 8- it's really hard to tell!) I was not worried in the least that we'd get pulled in because of our previous communication, and the boundaries and respect I had experienced from the swingers we'd met and chatted with all day. Full disclosure: tequila shots were the key for me to get the courage to go in there. And none for the hubby. I needed a designated DRIVER. The first night we went in there I turned to him on the way in and said "Protect me!" [/list]

OK - this is the husband typing now. I just want to say, "My wife rocks!!!!" ^:)^

See you all next February!!
ilsxycouple
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 03 Feb 2016

Re: newbie trip report Feb 4-7, 2015

Postby TexasThrob » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:02 pm

GREAT trip report!! I love that you had such an awesome time and made it "all about y'all"! That's really beautiful!! :D

Can't wait to hear about the next one!! :US
TexasThrob
Desire Convert

Postby sixmonkeyes » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:09 am

Thanks for posting such a great report. As with so many others, we can totally relate to your experience. We were there too. 5 years ago. After 20 years of a totally fulfilling, faithful, content and passionate marriage, we went for the first time having absolutely no experience with the lifestyle, swingers or even being naked in from of others. Like you, scared and nervous, we poured over every trip report on this site and studied veraciously. We went for only 3 night to just check it out promising each other that if it was creepy we could always just hide in the room. Like you we found the atmosphere utterly amazing, open and addicting. We actually returned 3 times that first year just to watch the sexy show and be in the fantastically erotic environment. Then an amazing thing happened. Slowly, it lured us in. Being around that many great people for whom this lifestyle actually enhances their marriage, teased us to baby step into a few things we never imagined we could or ever would want to do.

Next week we will be returning for our tenth trip. Its like a cult, like an addiction. Once you experience it, you cant go back to the vanilla world in quite the same way. You know the feeling now. Since our first visit we have been to Hedo and lifestyle clubs and nude beaches and even the Swingers Cruise takeover last fall (3000 naked swingers floating around the Caribbean for a week...it was epic). Yes, unbelievably but undeniable, reluctantly we are swingers now and it was Desire that coaxed us in and always keeps us coming back for more. It never disappoints and never gets old. We know you'll be back and when you do return, keep your mind open. You never know where this amazing new adventure will take you.

Congratulations on the taking a chance and being openminded to enhancing your marriage in a way that most people will never understand. Although you may not believe its possible, though you may never do more than you did in your first Desire visit, with every return trip...it only gets better!

Welcome to the family.
sixmonkeyes
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 10 Nov 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie and SLS

Postby RandB69 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:52 am

Great trip report! I love reading how the newbies feel before they go for the first time.....TG we are not the only ones! We are going to Desire for the first time in 27 days.....we are excited & a little nervous at the same time. We actually have been debating this for the past two years. Finally we decided to just do it and book it. Though we've been to swingers clubs... we have never done a vacation like this before. We are not in the LS but we love, love, LOVE the sexy atmosphere and mingling with other sexy & open minded people. We are not opposed to trying new things :wink: .....we will go with the flow and see what new adventures await >:/
RandB69
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 08 Apr 2015

Postby WellInever » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:52 pm

sixmonkeyes wrote:Thanks for posting such a great report. As with so many others, we can totally relate to your experience. We were there too. 5 years ago. After 20 years of a totally fulfilling, faithful, content and passionate marriage, we went for the first time having absolutely no experience with the lifestyle, swingers or even being naked in from of others. Like you, scared and nervous, we poured over every trip report on this site and studied veraciously. We went for only 3 night to just check it out promising each other that if it was creepy we could always just hide in the room. Like you we found the atmosphere utterly amazing, open and addicting. We actually returned 3 times that first year just to watch the sexy show and be in the fantastically erotic environment. Then an amazing thing happened. Slowly, it lured us in. Being around that many great people for whom this lifestyle actually enhances their marriage, teased us to baby step into a few things we never imagined we could or ever would want to do.

Next week we will be returning for our tenth trip. Its like a cult, like an addiction. Once you experience it, you cant go back to the vanilla world in quite the same way. You know the feeling now. Since our first visit we have been to Hedo and lifestyle clubs and nude beaches and even the Swingers Cruise takeover last fall (3000 naked swingers floating around the Caribbean for a week...it was epic). Yes, unbelievably but undeniable, reluctantly we are swingers now and it was Desire that coaxed us in and always keeps us coming back for more. It never disappoints and never gets old. We know you'll be back and when you do return, keep your mind open. You never know where this amazing new adventure will take you.

Congratulations on the taking a chance and being openminded to enhancing your marriage in a way that most people will never understand. Although you may not believe its possible, though you may never do more than you did in your first Desire visit, with every return trip...it only gets better!

Welcome to the family.

Sound like a familiar story! You sum it up perfectly. If you have not taken this journey, it might be difficult to explain how you can share your life partner but find this enhances an already fulfilling relationship, brings you closer in so many ways and is so ver fulfilling..
:L
:UK
Relax and get naked.. you're on holiday..
WellInever
Desire Fan

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 17 Sep 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya