Third Timers: June 13-21, 2015

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Third Timers: June 13-21, 2015

Postby 5kswimmer » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:48 pm

This is a hurriedly written report of our trip (trying to get caught up with work):

Tropical storm "Bill" says hello. "Bill" caused flooding inside and outside, but at least the water was warm! I am 61 and my wife is 55. We were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary at Desire just as we did for our 30th and 25th. I'm not really a beach person, my wife is, but I do enjoy the clothing optional aspect of Desire. The only beaches that I will agree to go to are either nude or clothing optional. My wife stays clothed (very prudish and likes to stay isolated!). We stayed room in 1611 which is on the second floor and faces the ocean with a shared balcony. On Saturday and Sunday the balcony was covered with about two inches of water. A groundsman cleared the drain on Monday morning and the balcony turned out to be very nice.

Our room was very nice and has two levels. The lower level is about five inches lower than the bed level. The lower level had a thin layer of water on it during the storm (Saturday and Sunday). The ledge to the lower level is about twelve inches from the right hand side of the bed. It only took us a couple of slip-ups to remember to step down going to the bathroom in the dark, especially when the lower floor is wet!!!

Effects the storm had on Saturday and Sunday: very few people were naked outside, the pool was closed, aquatics was closed, umbrellas supplied by Desire, although very nice, were almost useless in the 20+ mph wind. Food, drinks and service were still good. On Sunday, we sat through Desire sales presentation for the first time to receive the $500 in Desire credits. On Saturday morning I pulled several pieces of furniture out of the pool and swam for a little over thirty minutes before being asked to get out because of "electricity"? Also on Saturday there was a massage lesson offered in the disco that we went to. This was very exciting for me and also one of the biggest disappointments I've suffered in a very long time. I had expected a typical massage: deep tissue or relaxation, right? Instead it was tantric. Call me stupid, but I've never heard of tantric. There were round beds laid out throughout the room, some large and some small. I chose a large one so I could stretch out (I'm only 5'6" and 145 lbs) so I'm sure a small one would have worked just fine. We were one of the first couples to arrive. A man from the Ukraine (who now lives in Alaska) was first to remove his clothing and I followed his lead. The instructor who came over from Desire Pearl to teach the lesson had the men lay on their backs and cover our eyes. She then directed the women to massage the men's feet. About this time another couple joined us on our bed (I was excited about this). The foot massage was feeling pretty good and I was enjoying it. The instructor explained that there is something about massaging the feet that is sexual in nature and then instructed the women to carry out whatever fantasy they had on their partner. This sounded really good to me, but at this point my wife leaned over and told me she felt uncomfortable and was leaving ... and she got up and left the room!! So I uncovered my eyes to leave and saw what I was going to miss and almost cried. Desire tried really hard to make us happy in spite of the storm, but happiness is a choice that we make ourselves.

On Saturday and Sunday I saw no boats out in front of Desire so on Monday I decided to swim out to the reef. The wind was still fairly rough and the water was dark and cloudy, as was the sky. When I made it to the reef I explored for a while, but the water was still too murky to see much. If you've ever been out to the reef you know that the resorts look really small from a distance. I had a difficult time recognizing Desire from the other resorts. I looked for the new construction next to Desire but didn't see it either. Any way, I swam back to a resort that looked kind of like Desire, but isn't. Naturally I was naked except for goggles, white swim cap, watch and my Waterfi (I was jamming to some pretty good tunes). When I got close to the resort I noticed children playing on the beach. So I decided not to get out on the beach, however, I saw some men on a nearby pier. I swam to the pier and climbed part way up one of the pier beams to talk with the men on the pier. I asked, "Which way to Desire?" And they all pointed in the same direction. One of the men told me that it is against the law to swim out to the reef because it is a protected area and because of boat traffic ... so don't do this yourself! I swam in the direction that they pointed and eventually ended up back where I started. My wife was very upset with me (which made us even for the massage class!)

The red flags were up on the beach all but three days of our vacation, so we only got to sail the 14' catamaran four times. I would have sailed more, but my wife gets seasick!! Desire has a 16' catamaran, but they wouldn't let me sail it. I'm not sure if it was because of the strong winds, something was wrong with it or they just didn't want the hassle of rigging it up?

I drink only rarely, but at Desire, people keep bringing drinks to me so I drink them. Some of my favorites: Jamaican Coffee, Mudslide, Dirty Banana (if a real banana is used), and Black Sand (tastes like licorice).

Overall, I had a great time and meet some really fun and interesting people. Desire is one of my favorite vacation spots ... it would be my favorite if my wife enjoyed it.

Jim & Jeanine
5kswimmer
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 13 Jun 2015

Re: Third Timers: June 13-21, 2015

Postby TandD » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:22 pm

5kswimmer wrote:This is a hurriedly written report of our trip (trying to get caught up with work):

Nice report Jim. You sound like a fun (and slightly crazy swimming to the reef!) guy.
TandD
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Re: Third Timers: June 13-21, 2015

Postby desireaddict » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:52 am

After three trips and your wife is still not yet hooked on the Desire environment, I guess it ain't gonna happen. My wife seldom goes completely nude while at Desire. That's OK. It's her comfort level. But we attended the tantric massage class and she definitely got on board with that (to my great enjoyment). We've made many great friends at Desire and usually make return visits with some of them which I think helps my wife relax and go with the flow.

Life is Good!
DA
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya