July 18-22, 2015

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

July 18-22, 2015

Postby Morefun2516 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:22 pm

We had read everything we could find about where we should go. Desire vs Desire Pearl vs Hedo vs Temptations. Decided that Desire RM was the clear choice for us. Neither of us are pinup models, but neither of us are afraid to get naked after making several trips to nudist resorts. Although we've been in "the lifestyle" (whatever that really is) for about 3 years, we weren't really going just to hook up with random couples. If anything we were really thinking we might meet a couple that it would be fun to develop a relationship and friendship with. This trip was to celebrate the wife's 50th birthday. We waited longer than we should have to book it, but it all worked out. Friends had recommended just getting a garden view room as you don't do much in the room except sleep. Long story short, an ocean view room was all that was available when we booked the trip. We ended up looking out on the pool and past the pool to the Caribbean. First floor under the jacuzzi, and very near the restaurants. It was the PERFECT location for us. The wife has parkinson's disease and walking long distances is very difficult for her. From the airport transfers to the check-in everything was extremely smooth. We checked in and got the short tour and were poolside by noon. We opted to just stay around the pool for our 4 days and it was awesome. Everyone was very friendly and the staff aims to please every guest. The bartenders and Sylvia took great care of us. The wait staff was great for every meal EXCEPT for breakfast. 3 of our 4 mornings my coffee cup was empty as often as it was full for breakfast. We ate the buffet the first night and the food was good. Second night dinner was at Suki at the Hibachi table and Guillermo put on a good show. The food was good. Mexican buffet for dinner on night #3 and an awesome dinner at Sahlo for the last night. The service was impeccable and the steak was as good as any entree I've had anywhere. We certainly are not food and drink snobs, but were very pleased with everything. The resort was a little more upscale than the wife had expected, but it was right about where I had anticipated. I think my time spent here on the forum had really prepared me for what to expect.

The live entertainment was pretty good. I'm a musician and felt the first night's live band had some issues, but it wasn't bad at all. The shows at the disco every night were packed out and enjoyable. We only made it to the jacuzzi a couple of times. Once in the afternoon and once at night. The night at the jacuzzi didn't end until about 3 am and it was really nice to sit around and just meet and greet other couples. We enjoyed meeting and sharing stories. We had really wanted to make another night trip to the jacuzzi, but we were worn out and decided we'd had all the fun we could take without another trip up the stairs. We met some fun couples. Friendly couples. Couples who would freely share shots of all kinds of tequila. Couples who would talk to you about their kids and grandkids. Couples in "the lifestyle" and couples who were not. Couples who had no problem with giving you a good morning kiss without hangups. Both of us were really impressed with the friendliness of most of the people. We are from the south, so people being friendly is something to which we are accustomed. Just because people were friendly didn't mean they wanted to "hook up", and so it was different in many ways from a one-night swing party. The overall vibe of the place is hard to put into words. Just a really laid-back atmosphere where it is obvious the staff aims to please every guest. We opted to pass on the erotic or sensual massage, although it had been highly recommended by friends. If we had decided to do the massage I'm sure we would have sat through the half-hour sales pitch to save substantial money. We overheard conversations from people who had "bought in" on previous trips. I can't see us spending 3 weeks a year for the next 10 years at Desire even if the price were really right.

We had talked about the Booze Cruise but decided to stay poolside. We overheard several couples talking about how awesome it was. It's hard to think about leaving the resort to do anything. Hanging around the pool enjoying free drinks and new friends is hard to beat. Having said that, we might try the Booze Cruise for the next trip. We will be going back. We did sign up for the free Tantric Massage class, and I would highly recommend it. We had heard several couples talking about how awesome it was and it was hard to pass it up. The class is two hours and you will need a shower after the class. Leave yourself time to clean up before dinner, but you will have worked up an appetite and will have a smile on your face for dinner.

Before the next trip, we WILL get more than 2 hours sleep on the night before we leave. We will try to pace ourselves a little better. With unlimited food and drinks it is hard to pace yourself. I put on about 7 pounds in 5 days. I struggled the last night at the disco and was so glad when the wife suggested we go back to our room. We both wanted to party till we dropped, but we were dropping before much partying. Our last night of celebrating was a couple of old farts collapsing into bed. The trip was awesome. Four nights went too quickly but will probably just do 4-5 days the next time, too. It was a great place to relax. It was a great place to fall in love with your spouse all over again. The tantric massage class was really geared for couples in long-term relationships and reinforced our commitment. I was much more than just pursuing pleasure.

Overall, we were very impressed and can't wait to do it again. We'll probably do the same room next time as we were very pleased with everything. We had informed the staff that we were celebrating her birthday. We returned from dinner the second night to find a birthday cake and a bottle of champagne in the room. The staff is committed to pampering every guest. We met some new friends. We met some fun people. We met some interesting people and heard some crazy stories. If you have questions, don't hesitate to drop us an email and ask away. We're too happy to answer your questions and relieve your fears. There is NOTHING to fear about the place. Nobody will make you feel out of place. Nobody will pressure you to do anything. Enjoy yourselves at Desire RM.
Morefun2516
Desire Lover

We are from: Australia
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Feb 2012

Re: July 18-22, 2015

Postby sandybeachkim » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:47 am

Thanks for taking the time to post about your trip. Glad you enjoyed the experience. We will be arriving in Dec. for our FIRST time visit to Desire RM. We are looking forward to an erotic experience and meeting new friends along our sensual journey together! xoxo
sandybeachkim
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 10 Dec 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie, SLS

Postby ilsxycouple » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:39 pm

Really nice report. You did an excellent job describing the Desire experience. I agree the people you meet are awesome and you might have talked us into an ocean view room next time. Looking forward to our next trip in 2016!
ilsxycouple
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2016

Postby Sunlovers17 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:06 pm

Hey Sandybeachkim, you will have a blast and have a great time - everyone - guests and staff are just great. We are there in December too for our 11th or 12th stay (have lost count!), we visit the same time each year and meet up with the same group each year.

Hope to catch up with you.
Sunlovers17

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 08 Dec 2014

Postby sandybeachkim » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:55 pm

SUNLOVERS --- That would be gr8 if we run into each other while we are at Desire RM in Dec. 1st time and we are soooo looking forward to it. May need some extra hands and help with the sun tan lotion to reach all those hard to reach places mmmm. Cheers
sandybeachkim
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 10 Dec 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie, SLS

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya