Live Report 8/1-8/8, 2015

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Live Report 8/1-8/8, 2015

Postby waab76 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:43 am

Where to start? I always have a tough time figuring how much history to provide at the beginning of a story. This is our fifth Desire vacation. We were at Pearl for the inaugural Sexy Young and Wild month in 2014. We were at Riviera Maya in September of 2013, October of 2012 with the Week 43 bunch, and our first trip was March of 2011. If you want details on the previous trips, go find the trip reports (though I think the first 2 or 3 reports got lost in the great forum migration a couple years ago).

This trip began at noon on Friday, July 31st as we departed our jobs in downtown Seattle. We hit happy hour at Japonessa Sushi Cocina for a delicious lunch then walked across the street to Fran's to pick up a bit of traveling chocolate. Then it was off to SEATAC to catch our flight out. We like to treat ourselves on these trips, so our flights were first class on United, whose first class tickets can often be had for less than coach tickets on other airlines. We got to the airport well ahead of our 6PM flight to Houston, so we parked ourselves in the United Club and partook of some complimentary food, beverages, wifi, and electrical outlets.

The flight to Houston was uneventful. We had a room booked at the IAH Marriott (paid for in airline miles) where we showered and caught a few hours of sleep during the layover. At 5:30 CDT (3:30 Seattle time) we were taking the shuttle back to Terminal E for our 7:30 flight to Cancun.

We scheduled our flights for a relatively early arrival (10AM Saturday) because past experience has taught us that Immigration and Customs are fairly uncrowned in the morning as opposed to the afternoon. Not so this time. We spent nearly 45 minutes waiting in the Immigration line. Customs, on the other hand, was a breeze. We plowed through the timeshare muggers and burst forth into the hot, humid Cancun air to find our transfer to the resort.

We arrived at Desire Riviera Maya just before noon. Arco welcomed us home and took our bags from the transfer driver. We toddled inside and the lobby was packed. For the first time ever, we had to sit and wait to check in. Check-in was smooth. Hilario gave us a brief spiel about the coupon book we could receive if we would just sit through the timeshare pitch. We informed him that our mornings were all booked up with sleeping and coffee before our 11:00 appointment with Africa and C.C. on the beach and thus we wouldn't be attending a timeshare pitch. It was interesting that he framed the pitch as an "annual update" to our old-school membership instead of a straight up sales pitch.

Anyway, our room wasn't ready so they told us to go enjoy ourselves and stop back by the lobby after 2:30. So we went down to the beach in search of Rene, the beach concierge, to get ourselves a bed for the week. Rene wasn't immediately available, but the beach bartender (who wasn't C.C., wtf?) was very happy to see us and poured us a couple drinks. About that time, Rene showed up and we arranged to have bed 31 for the rest of our stay (no charge, courtesy of the Premier membership). We then meandered up to the lunch buffet for a bite to eat. At this point, I have to say that the remodeled pool bar/outdoor buffet area looks fantastic. Don't get me wrong, we loved the old lunch palapa, but this is a major upgrade. Of course, the best part of lunch was the people watching. We saw several couples we recognized from previous trips, including The Bloggers (who we've never really talked to, but they ALWAYS have laptops and tablets handy, typing away), and J&A from Dallas (who are now officially our Desire stalkers as we have run into them on 3 trips in a row across 2 different resorts).

After lunch, we headed up to the (now open at 1PM instead of 3PM) hot tub area to have a drink in the shade and enjoy the view and breeze. We had the whole place to ourselves and spent some time talking to Diego, the new bartender. Apparently he's been with the Desire family of resorts for a little over a year and today was his first day on his own at the hot tub bar. As it turns out, he got tapped for hot tub duty because Abraham, one of our favorite bartenders, was on vacation (meeting his girlfriend's family for the first time). Abraham I'll be back on our last full day, hopefully we'll run into him.

At 2:30, we went back to the lobby and our butler, Arturo, informed us that the room we had requested (first floor, ocean view, as far away from the pool as we can get) was ready. We grabbed another drink at the lobby bar and met him over at building 25. He brought our luggage and our two 25 minute relaxing massage vouchers. We unpacked all of our luggage and jumped in bed to catch a quick nap before our 7:30 Sahlo reservation.

Sahlo is a very interesting space. We never realized just how narrow the room was when it was Il Piacere, but it's pretty obvious after the remodel. The appetizers were OK. The beef was excellent. The dessert was good, but nothing new. And, of course, there was people watching. The Bloggers showed up. They took pictures of each other eating. Then a large group arrived to celebrate Eddie's (if you're on these forums, you MUST know Eddie and JoJo) birthday.

At about 9, we headed back to the room to change for the disco. At this point, I should mention that we have NEVER made it to the disco on our first night before. Whether it was severe sunscreen-induced eye irritation, incredible levels of inebriation, or simply travel fatigue, we have always found an excuse to simply crash into bed after dinner on our first night. This time, maybe because of the afternoon nap, we were wide awake and ready to go see the show. We got into the disco just as it opened at 10 and got ourselves a prime seat by the dance floor. As it filled up, J&A from Dallas ended up right beside us with some of their friends and they finally recognized us. One of their friends put on quite a show on the pole, which got everyone in a good mood for the night's professional show: the "Chippendale" dancers. Those two fellas really know how to put on a show for a crowd of drunken perverts. And the female drunken perverts that got pulled on stage to receive the attention of the male strippers were great sports and, I think, may even have surprised the pros with both their willingness to participate in some friendly bump and grind and their athleticism. Ladies of Desire, you rock!

After the male strippers, there was much drinking and dancing. We did a bit of both before heading back to the room a little after 12 for some us time. It's pretty rare for us to be in bed by 10:30 Seattle time, but we are on vacation and we'll go to bed when we damn well please.

It is now 9:39 on the morning of Sunday, July 2nd. Our first full day of Desire will be kicking off soon. As usual, you'll have to wait for tomorrow to read about today. And these updates are likely to get shorter and less detailed as the trip goes on because we're doing this for ourselves, not for you people. There are also likely to be periodic updates on our dirty Twitter account: @BirdsCancun (follow us!).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or via PM. Now it's coffee time.
RM Mar 2011, Week 43 2012, Sep 2013, Aug 2015, Sep 2016, Dec 2017
Pearl Aug 2014 (1st SYW), Aug 2016

Next: RM Spring 2018?
waab76
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Dec 2017

Re: Live Report 8/1-8/8, 2015

Postby sandybeachkim » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:03 am

Thanks. Love the initial live report and will be following the updates with interest. :D
sandybeachkim
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 10 Dec 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie, SLS

Postby JandH » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:48 pm

Thank you. Looking forward to the reports.
JandH
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2019

Postby waab76 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:04 am

Typing is tough this morning for reasons that may get a mention on Twitter but I won't go into here. My thumb will heal!

We rolled out of bed at 10:30 on Sunday morning only because breakfast closes at 11 and we just can't face the day without coffee and one of Matilda's omelettes. So we went off to breakfast and walked out thinking that the food here may be improving. Don't get me wrong, it was never bad, but there were times when we suspected the kitchen staff was cooking from pictures instead of actual recipes. You would get something that looked right but had an olive where a grape should have been or something like that. Honestly, we always thought the food adventure was a lot of fun and I will miss the fauxnuts (sourdough bread shaped just like a donut). After a lovely breakfast of coffee, omelettes, bacon, yogurt, and fruit, we headed back to the room to gets unscreened up and put on our beach clothes.

A few minutes later, we were taking off our beach clothes and settling into our beach bed for some nice relaxing naked reading, drinking, and viewing of the seaweed-covered waves. As others have reported, the seaweed has been particularly bad this year because science. If you want to read about the science, go here: https://akumalnow.com/the-journey-of-the-sargassum/. So as Africa was bringing us round after round of frozen deliciousness lovingly prepared by CC, there was a tractor making laps up and down the beach collecting the sargassum. After about 4 laps, the seaweed was mostly gone, though it never really stopped washing up on the waves. But we aren't really ocean swimmers, so the seaweed didn't impact our ability to enjoy naked beach time. As the day moved into afternoon, we collected some beach bed neighbors whose music playlist we need to acquire.

At about 3, we decided it was lunch time and moved from the beach bed to the poolside buffet. Mrs Mapache carefully picked over the food selections to produce a lovely cheese and salad plate while Mr Mapache went straight to the grill for beef quesadillas. While editing, we confirmed yesterday's observation that the ratio of enhanced breasts to unenhanced seemed higher than on previous trips and also that there were some really top-notch boob jobs bouncing around. Mrs Mapache also detailed her theory that there are only 2 kinds of men: boob men, and ass men, and every woman should know which kind she needs.

After lunch, we ventured up to the hot tub to see if Diego had made it to a second day of solo hot tub bar tending duty. He was not there, but Alejandro did a fine job of keeping our drinks full as we had idle chatter with people whose names we have since forgotten. It's okay, nobody expects you to be good with names here. There's just too much alcohol flowing and too many exposed body parts to look at. You just end up assigning people memorable nicknames or simply remembering where they're from. We may never talk to Sparkle Tits, but damn do we enjoy her disco outfits. :)

While I'm on the subject of the hot tub, I want to remind all of you kids of the importance of proper application of liquids, lotions, and potions. There was a lovely couple enjoying each other's company in the hot tub when we arrived and while we are all for celebrating your love with penetrative sex acts in front of friends and strangers, we cannot overly stress the importance of both sunscreen and silicone-based lube for hot tub fun times in the afternoon. The couple in question was looking a bit sunburnt and there was not a bottle of lube in sight. Water is NOT a good sexual lubricant and water-based lubes, while very effective for dry-land f**king, are useless in the hot tub. Get yourselves a bottle of Pjur Bodyglide or a similar silicone-based lube and you will have the happiest of happy submerged fun times. And while I'm being a lube evangelist, you people need to understand that there is zero shame in using lube every single time you screw. Lube is a good thing and it never makes sex worse. Keep a bottle at your bedside. Lube early and often. Get over your medieval notion that if she's excited enough she'll be wet enough and if she's not wet enough then she doesn't want you. Once joyful consent for happy fun times is expressed, lube your way to glory, friends!

Okay, getting down off my lube soap box now.

Following our brief foray into hot tub land, we returned to the room for showers and naps. We rolled out of bed again sometime close to eight and decided to dine at Suki. We got dressed, headed over, and got seated at the long "time to make some friends" table that runs down the center of the restaurant. The menu has changed since our last trip to RM in 2013 and we had to do a bit of reading to find what we wanted. Mrs had the Californication roll (California roll at your local sushi place), the Venus handroll (much smaller than your typical handroll) and the tuna tataki. Mr replaced the tuna tataki with rice-wrapped salmon. Champagne (well, house sparkling white wine) was the drink of the evening. We did end up conversing with D&G from South Carolina (well, G is very SC and D is very English but lives in SC).

We went from Suki to the lobby bar for a couple of cappuccinos to perk us up before the disco. We took our coffees back to the general area of our room, dragged a couple outdoor chairs from the patio out to the walkway closer to the beach, and sipped our coffee as lightning flashed out over the ocean. It was gorgeous. After coffee, we returned to the room to freshen up for the disco.

We got into the disco just in time to grab the last 2 real chairs before the crowd flooded in. The theme night was schoolgirls (D from South Carolengland's super favorite) and the disco that night was a dirty old man's wet dream come true. The official show for the evening was a pair of strippers - male and female - in schoolgirl/nerdboy costumes. The guy was one of the Chippendale dancers from the previous night (Mexican Michael Keaton, whom they called Marco) and the girl was one we hadn't seen before but would love to see again (Kim, I think). From years past, we don't remember any pro performer actually getting uncovered, but Kim ended up with her glorious enhanced boobs out for everyone's enjoyment. Marco turned out to be wearing a thong under his boxers so neither of them went full monty. After. Bit of discussion, we agree that Desire has really used their game with regards to the already awesome pro shows. Audience participation was up and the overall sexy-hotness of the shows is up. Also, they pulled G from SC on stage, tore all of her clothes off, and had a simulated 3-way with her. It was a lot of fun to watch.

After the pro show, the DJ kicked on the music and the guest show started. In addition to a higher than usual percentage of enhanced breasts, the ladies in this crowd are bringing a higher than usual percentage of experienced and talented pole dancers. The pole has seen some seriously hot action every night so far including one young lady in a yellow dress who completely captured the room last night. Seriously, when she got up on the pole platform and started doing her thing, the dancing on the dance floor stopped and all eyes were on her. And when she pulled a lady friend up to dance with her... I think half the room forgot how to breathe for a couple minutes. Aphrodite eat your heart out, those two were the goddesses of sex, lust, and Desire for three solid minutes and that disco was their temple full of devoted followers.

Once we caught our breath, we did a bit of dancing and a bit of drinking. We poked our heads into the Sin Room. Okay, we poked our whole bodies into the Sin Room. D&G and two other couples were in there, each on their own bed having their own fun. As Mr had neglected to pocket some lube before leaving the room, we did not grab a bed of our own, though Mrs did give G a friendly tickle on the foot on our way out.

We made our way back to the room and collapsed into bed sometime around 1AM. Now it's nine hours later and we have 57 minutes until the breakfast buffet closes up. I suppose I should wake Mrs Mapache up soon so we can begin the second of our seven full days of Desire.

waab76
Desire Lover

Postby JandH » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:10 am

Hate that I'm the only one responding. Just rest assured that we are eagerly awaiting each day's entry.
JandH
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2019

Postby barebuns » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:17 am

JandH wrote:Hate that I'm the only one responding. Just rest assured that we are eagerly awaiting each day's entry.

Yes, we are all reading and enjoying these great reports. Even though we are going to Pearl in 10 days and not RM, your reports are getting us even more excited to get our own getaway started. Looking forward to your next one. :)
Desire Pearl Aug 2014, Feb 2015, Aug 2015, Aug 2016,
Desire RM July 2016
SMI April 2017
HEDO II June 2017
TTR March 2018
HEDO II Oct 2019
barebuns
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada

Postby waab76 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:24 am

Monday morning we were up a little after 10 despite not getting to bed until after 1 the previous night. Breakfast was delicious as always. Today was the first day we noticed that the pitchers sitting on ice next to the orange juice and green juice were juice blends. We had just assumed they were the "smoothies" we had encountered on previous trips. While the "smoothies" of years past were not something any rational person would want to consume, the juice blends are worth a try. I had two glasses of Bazooka Juice (orange, passion fruit, guava, and maca root). Dee-lish!

After breakfast, we popped by the room for sunscreen and then pointed ourselves toward the beach bed. However, the sky had developed a slight leak. Rene gave us a couple towels, though he had already stripped the sheets off of all the beds to keep them from getting soaked. We braved the rain for a while, but eventually it got the better of us. We retreated to the tables and chairs on the little patio in front of our room. We opened up a bottle of champagne and waited for the rain to pass.

It only took about an hour for things to clear up and we were right back to the beach bed with fresh towels. There was a lunch break around 3 and we went back to the beach rather than going up for hot tub happy hour. We did swing by the spa on the way back to the beach to book my two 25-minute relaxing massages. The last one will be on Saturday (our last full day) so I can leave here as relaxed as possible. The soonest they could get me in for my first massage was Wednesday morning. Did we mention that the resort is at 100% capacity? There is some contention for resources. Anyway, back to the beach we went. By 5 the sun was creeping in the back of our bed and eating up all our shade so we headed back to the room for showers and a nap.

We were rested, cleaned, and dressed by just after 8 and went out in search of dinner. We stepped into Sahlo, said hi to D&G from SC, and were told that there were no tables available (we didn't have a reservation) and it would be a 30 minute wait. That has never happened to us before and we were a bit shocked. 100% capacity, yo. Whatchya gonna do? So over to Suki we went. They seated us at the big table next to D&B from Hershey, PA, whom we have seen quite a bit of on the beach. They marveled over Mrs Mapache's incredibly fancy fake eyelashes and her incredibly prominent cleavage. It was great to spend some time talking and getting to know them better. We were joined on the other side by J&J from just north of NYC and the conversation just kept flowing. D&B left to prep for the disco, but we ended up sitting and chatting with J&J until almost 11:30. This marks the second time we have been sitting and chatting with another couple after the restaurant shut down around us. If you ever run in to J&J, ask them to tell you about their trip to Ibiza. You will get a good laugh out of it, I promise.

We told J&J we would see them at the disco and popped back to the room to freshen up. By the time we got to the disco, it was nearly 12. The nightly show was over, we were stone cold sober, and the music was louder than it has ever been. After a couple songs, we ran away to avoid any permanent hearing loss. We grabbed a glass of champagne at the lobby bar and went back to the room to change into some less fancy clothes then took a leisurely stroll around the property. We sat out on the beach enjoying the weather. We got our drinks refilled at the hot tub bar (six couples engaging in fun times, five on the beds and one one the loungers, a new record!). We even discovered the rooms on the back side of building 10 with their spectacular view of the driveway.

We swung by the lobby bar on the way back to the room and picked up a fresh bottle of champagne and some pepperoni pizza. Then we sat outside enjoying the night air, sipping champagne and munching the world's most satisfying late-night pizza until we were ready to fall into bed just a couple minutes before 2.

A few random observations from the trip so far:

The pool area seems more sedate in the mornings than it used to. Last time we had a room near the pool, the disco music started promptly at 9 with loud announcements of activities. These days, the announcements are lower key and the morning music is jazz/bossa nova/lounge type stuff at a lower volume. The bump and thump music doesn't kick in until afternoon. Perhaps a room closer to the pool might be a little less horrible for us now than it was in the past.

Also, we would swear that on past trips, there was some ambient bump and thump music piped in all over the property as background noise in the afternoons/evenings which now seems to be gone. Or maybe they've just turned down the volume at the lobby bar. Either way, it's very peaceful to walk around in the evenings. Perhaps they turned up the volume in the disco to compensate for the peacefulness outside.

People keep looking at us funny and asking us what the special occasion is every time we order champagne. First, just being here is a special occasion. Second, champagne is light and refreshing and tasty. Third, champagne has a relatively low alcohol content compared to, say, tequila, so you can pour quite a bit of it down your throat without getting completely trashed. Finally, it's not like you have to pay extra for the champagne. It's a cheap Spanish sparkling wine and the bartender at the lobby bar is always happy to give us a bottle whenever we ask for one. Oh, also it is our fifth wedding anniversary, so perhaps it's an extra-special occasion, but we've been guzzling champagne here since trip #1 back in 2011.

waab76
Desire Lover

Postby aunatural_cpl » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:45 pm

Great live trip reports! Good to see that you guys are from Seattle...we also live in the NW. Real nice to see the hot tub is now open earlier...we would personally love it if it was open in the morning, but understand they need time to clean it up from all the prior nights fun... :D We're looking forward to taking advantage of the extra 2 hrs up there in a few weeks as we visit Desire once again.
aunatural_cpl
Desire Fan

Swing Site(s) we belong to: AFF

Postby tagteamit » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:23 pm

Enjoying your reports. Thanks for the very vivid descriptions. We're less than 2 months away and can't wait!!!
L and W
tagteamit
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 22 Sep 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: swinglifestyle

Postby tan44 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:39 pm

Thank you for taking the time to write this report.
We enjoying it very much.
How is the seaweed situation ?
Kik : cancunx
tan44
Desire Addict

Postby Jndesire » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:09 pm

Grear reports!

Any info about the August Female Only playroom?
Jndesire
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 01 Feb 2024

Postby waab76 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:34 am

Tuesday arrived and it's clear we are really getting into our Desire routine. Up at about 10:30' breakfast, beach. Today, a storm blew in. It drove everyone off the beach for an hour or so, but it blew over almost as quick as it came in. When the sky stopped leaking, we went for lunch and then back to the beach bed, where we stayed until nearly 5. Then it was back to the room for a power nap before dinner.

For dinner, we had an 8:00 reservation at Sahlo. The beef carpaccio was excellent. The "liquid ribeye" soup was interesting, but not outstanding. The tuna steak is not the same one that is served in Suki, which left Mrs a little disappointed. It was good, just not AS good. Mr had the quail with mole sauce, which was very tasty. For dessert, we ordered the "Red Velvet" and the "Passion Roll" along with some hot-as-lava cappuccinos. The Red Velvet was like a small cheesecake with sweet red sauce. The Passion Roll was like a plate of small chocolatey bites. We preferred the Red Velvet.

After dinner, it was back to the room to change for the disco. We got up to the disco just after 10 and it was empty, so we stepped out on the smoking balcony to watch the less than impressive reggae band for a few songs. 15 minutes later, the disco started to fill up so we went back in and got a seat. The theme for the night was "Bare As You Dare" and there were some really great and creative outfits. We would have been happy just to watch the couple in the grass skirts dance all night. We drank our champagne and enjoyed the show for a while and then we ditched our glasses and jumped on the floor. This was the best disco night of the trip thus far, despite the fact that we didn't see any acrobatic or erotic displays on the stripper pole.

After dancing our asses off, we grabbed a few slices of pizza at the lobby bar and sat on our patio enjoying the excellent weather. We were lucky enough to get a chance to chat with our neighbors, J&C from Atlanta, who had never heard of these forums. Well, they've heard of them now.

As to the seaweed situation, it's piled pretty high on the beach. Rene had one of his guys clear a gap for the people two beds down so they could get in and out of the water more easily. There doesn't seem to be a lot coming in, but we haven't seen the tractor running picking it up for a couple days, so what's coming in isn't going anywhere.

We haven't heard anything about a girls only playtime. The only mid day activity they've been advertising is a massage workshop in the disco. When someone came by the beach bed to tell us about the "ancient Mayan rituals" they were teaching, Mrs responded "They're going to cover us in honey and cut our heads off?" Pro tip: don't f**k around with the lady who actually studied Mayan history as an undergrad. Later on, we heard them refer to it as a "20 minute tantra workshop" and Mrs quipped that if you think you can do anything tantric in 20 minutes, maybe you don't really understand what the word means. She's on fire this week.

Now it is Wednesday morning and we are approaching the halfway point of our trip. On the schedule for today we have Mr's first relaxing massage, another Sahlo dinner, and the "Glamorous Party".

waab76
Desire Lover

Postby waab76 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:05 am

Wednesday we were up and off to breakfast a few minutes early because I had a relaxing massage scheduled for 11AM. Breakfast was good. There were Matilda omelettes and I tried the antioxidant juice blend (orange, carrot, ginger, and lemon). It was not as tasty as the bazooka juice. After breakfast I made my way to the spa and Mrs went back to the room to prep for the beach.

There was a bit of confusion when I arrived at the spa. Apparently they had thought I wanted to book a couple's relaxing massage. They sent me to the locker room to change into a robe and flip-flops while they sorted out which of the two masseuses would be on the case. Once changed, they had me wait in the "relaxation room" until they were ready for me. A couple minutes later, Caroline came in and took me to the couple's massage room (with 2 tables). I guess they'd already booked the room for me, might as well use it.

The massage was, as promised, very relaxing. Legs, arms, back, neck, and shoulders all got kneaded with moderate pressure. Then, the last few minutes were spent entirely on the areas I had marked on my check-in form as being in need of extra attention - my neck and shoulders. Caroline did a good job of getting the knots out and leaving me nice and loose. For my next massage on Saturday, I think I'll get the extra focus on my lower back and see how that goes.

When I walked out of the spa, I discovered that it had rained during my massage. I got back to the room and Mrs confirmed that the sky had opened up just as she was preparing to go to our beach bed. The sky was clear at that point, though, so I sun screened and off we went. Rene and his crew were busy drying off and making up all the beds and when they saw us walking over, they quickly got ours sorted out. We spent a couple hours enjoying the sun and surf and then the wind really started picking up, along with heavy clouds to the north and some thunder. We decided it was a good time for lunch.

We headed over to the lunch buffet just as the weekly poolside "thank the entire staff" event was wrapping up. It takes a lot of effort by a lot of people to keep this place running. It's nice that they all get some recognition. Lunch was yummy. When we were done eating, it was still cloudy, windy, and thundery. We decided that we would go grab a drink at the hot tub bar rather than risk getting rained off the beach.

One of the nice things about the hot tub bar is the view (outward toward nature, no inward toward naked people you pervs...though that view can be fun too). We got to watch some birds just hanging in the wind as if by magic. And Mrs spotted a funny little yellow-headed, green-bodied bird we had never seen before. Two drinks later, we decided to retire to the room for naps and such before the 7PM wine tasting and our 8:30 dinner reservation.

Naps, showers, getting dressed. We were back in the lobby for 7 but not terribly interested in wine. So we sat and watched other folks drink wine for a bit. We went back to the room and took our time getting ready for dinner then toddled over to Sahlo. We both had the beef carpaccio and Miura (beef with mushroom sauce main course). Coffee and dessert followed. Then back to the room by 9:30 to prep for disco.

We got to the disco early enough to get a good seat. I didn't even have to speak when I went to the bar to get our drinks. The bartender saw me walking over and immediately produced two champagne flutes and an open bottle. I do love the service here. The show for the night was supposed to be the "Mr Desire Contes" (yeah) according to the sheet we got at checkin. Instead, it was a pole dancing contest for the ladies. In typical desire fashion, the contestant with the most friends won rather than the lady with the most talent, but she shared her tequila prize with her fellow contestants, which was nice.

After enjoying the disco for a while, we decided to call it a night. We grabbed a few slices of pizza from the lobby bar and returned to the room to wind down. We ended our night with a bug stomping party as there were a larger than usual number (maybe 20?) of chicatanas- winged ants that flee their colonies after rain - crawling around our room. Bugs dealt with, we drifted off to sleep.

waab76
Desire Lover

Postby waab76 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:23 am

Thursday... Let's see... Breakfast, beach, lunch, more beach, room for naps and showers. Pretty standard day, we're really in our Desire zone.

The first big difference from previous days was dinner. Apparently they now do the Premiere members' lobster dinner as a special night rather than something you just schedule for any night in any restaurant. The lunch buffet area was reorganized to have just six two-seater tables where we and the other premiere guests were served a special menu of scallops, fried goat cheese, spicy soup, and lobster. The food was good as was the service. The music was a little too loud and made conversation difficult. Also, it was hot out there.

We ran back to the room to cool off and change into less clothing for Glow Night. We got back over to the disco at 10 and the bartender told us they weren't opening until 11. So we moved out to the smoking deck to watch the lobby show (we had the deck to ourselves, which is good since we loathe smoke). We noticed that the population of the resort is starting to turn over. Lots of new faces and fewer of the ones that were here when we checked in. We also noted that among the new arrivals were at least one, possibly two, threesomes (the second one may actually be a fivesome, hard to tell).

Sometime between 19 and 11, things got rolling in the disco. Lots of white and neon clothing. The pro show was a 3 girl 2 guy dance group dressed in very skimpy neon outfits doing some very impressive routines. The amateur show before and after was also great and involved multiple ladies and gentlemen taking turns on the pole all evening. We had a good spot and a waiter bringing us champagne by the bottle. Eventually even we couldn't stay off the dance floor. After a bit of drunken dancing, we decided to call it a night and stumbled home.

Why does time keep passing? Why are we down to our last two full days? What is today's foam party going to be like?

waab76
Desire Lover

Postby Blknyccouple » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:33 am

Haha one of those threesomes is us! We're all about sharing the love lol
Blknyccouple