June 20-27th

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

June 20-27th

Postby ourfuntrip » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:18 pm

We just returned a week or so ago and thought we would post a short report from our trip. Feel free to email us with any questions that we didn't address.

We have just a few comments about the trip/resort that might be helpful to those going sometime soon. The food was about what we usually get at Desire. We mostly ate at the buffet, but did get to the other 2 restaurants once each. The white restaurant was "ok", but the service is so slow. Granted, we had a really big group of people, but it took close to 3 hours to eat…I told Matt to remind me next time that we don't want to eat there again. Some of the dinner buffets were actually pretty good and Suki was mostly what I was expecting. We took advantage of the late night pizza a few times and enjoyed it, but I really think it changed from what we had before and just wasn't as good. The lunch buffet was decent, we could usually find something we liked.

As for the "Eyes Wide Shut" theme…we were really reluctant to participate, but the last trip report we read about it changed our minds. We decided to go ahead and do it, but it was not what we hoped for. It was too "scripted" and the robes were way too hot and heavy in the heat of the disco. As soon as the "ceremony" was over, everyone took off to go change out of the robes…so we had the outfits on for about 15 minutes total. There were a lot more people who took the robes than those who participated in the end, so I think some people changed their minds about doing it.

There was some decent entertainment in the lobby at night compared to years past…which we enjoyed. They had a great dance performance by a group called the Mother Funckers and did a lingerie show one night where both guests and employees participated.

We usually got to the pool around 9am and could still get a beach bed, but with limited options of where to sit. It was pretty hot to be sitting out at the pool without an umbrella, so we either sat on a bed with tree shade or just left to be in the shade during the day. The activities are what I remembered, water volleyball, beach volleyball, water basketball and then some trivia games, stripper pole lessons and lap dance lessons. They were fun to watch. The EC's were high energy, but we did miss Diana. The new EC is cute, but how can she compete with Diana?

Last July people really didn't use the jacuzzi because it was so hot, but on this trip, the jacuzzi was usually pretty crowded by 6pm and the temperature was perfect for the warm weather. It never felt too hot. We had a great time in the jacuzzi and met so many nice people there! It was also usually pretty crowded in the evenings after people left the disco.

The disco was fun, we enjoyed the music more so than other trips. We hit up the playroom a couple of times. Both times it was pretty crowded. The second time we left as there was no room.

One last comment...we walked on the beach a little bit and did notice a number of non-guests walking the beach, including a group of a about 5 20-something year old guys who walked it a couple of times while we were there. This put me off to the idea of sitting on the beach.

All in all it was a great trip as usual and the best part was all of the sexy, sweet, nice people that we met! Now it is back to the reality of life and trying to figure out how soon we can get back!

ourfuntrip@yahoo.com :D
ourfuntrip
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 14 Oct 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie LL

Postby tout.prest » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:56 am

Nice report guys.

We were there the week b4 you and are still working on our trip report. We do agree with you on most points you made. We felt the Eyes wide shut was a bit of a bust as well :roll: . "scripted" is a very accurate description. And 15 minutes IS about all you can expect.

Our trip was not as good as we had hoped :? , but I will go into that more in our report as soon as I get it posted.

Again, thanks for your post !

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

robes/cloaks

Postby landedesire » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:10 am

Hi "ourfuntrip". Thanks for the report. So, would you recommend NOT to purchase our own cloaks if we plan on participating in the "eyes wide shut" theme? Do they have plenty of cloaks available for those who would like to participate? Thanks.
Laura & Eric
landedesire
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby mistral » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:49 pm

We were there that same week, they told us to come around 9:30 to get the cloaks and masks, but they were out of cloaks long before that, so we didn't get any. So if you're planning on participating, get there early!
We personally thought that although it's in fact very "scripted", the Eyes wide shut was quite interesting. (But that's until the guys went down on their girls, and they all started giggling... It kind of killed the mood!)
I wouldn't bother buying a cloak for 15 minutes, just be there early.
mistral
Desire Convert

Postby landedesire » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:49 pm

Thank you for the info :)
landedesire
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Omahacouple » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:42 pm

My wife and I were one of the couples participating in Eyes Wide Shut and I agree that it went all too fast and it was highly scripted.

It would be better to script the first 5 or 6 minutes to help couples "along"...but once the action started just let it play out naturally. It would be more fun for both the particpants as well as the observers....in my opinion.
Omahacouple
Desire Devotee

Postby ourfuntrip » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:53 pm

As soon as the table opened to pick up the robes, everyone rushed over to get in line. The line was quite long. We had no problem getting one and I don't know if they sold out. The one advantage to bringing your own would be you could bring one that wasn't heavy/warm. There were different ones for men/women and the men's was very heavy.
ourfuntrip
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 14 Oct 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie LL

Re: robes/cloaks

Postby tout.prest » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:08 am

landedesire wrote: So, would you recommend NOT to purchase our own cloaks if we plan on participating in the "eyes wide shut" theme? Do they have plenty of cloaks available for those who would like to participate? Thanks.
Laura & Eric

On the night we were there. They did run out of cloaks and masks early and we didnt end up with any. As it turned out, alot of the people who did sign them out didn't even end up wearing them to the club. I'm not sure if it was a heat thing (cause it was hot that night) or because they got cold feet.
Now that we've done it, I cant see the justification of buying the cloak and mask. They are worn for such a short period of time, it seems like a bit of a waste.

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya