Trip report June 2009

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Trip report June 2009

Postby nawty2sum » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:20 am

This was our second visit to Desire, and no longer being newbies we were able to relax completely and enjoy everything the resort has to offer without any stress. And relax we did, unwinding over the course of a wonderful week. The place has the ability to suck all of the tension of the real world out of you, and put you much closer to your spouse or significant other.

A few random observations:
* We love the fact that you can step off your plane in Cancun and within an hour be checked into your room at Desire. We took the TransBeach shuttle and appreciate that it is a premium service, but it is worth it to us to minimize any hassle of getting to the resort.

* As before, the overall level of service was terrific. We generally have no complaints. Many thanks to the staff for all that you do. We are also very impressed by the attention put into maintaining the facility.

* Truthfully, my only complaints about the resort itself this time are fairly minor. I wish the resort's WiFi signal was stronger so I didn't have to go to the lobby to receive a signal, but that may actually be a blessing in disguise as it makes me have to work to stay in touch with the real world and I was never tempted to go online once inside our room.

* I also wish the Wednesday night entertainment in the lobby lounge was more on the level of the other nights. The entertainer that night can best be described as a bad Elvis impersonator, sans jumpsuit, playing typical Holiday Inn-like lounge music.

* My other beef with Wednesday night is that they ran out of cloaks for the Eyes Wide Shut theme. If you want to participate, get there early or bring your own. (Where do people buy these things--Cloaks 'R Us?) As it turned out, we didn't really miss anything by not participating. There were too many people who wanted to be a part of it, so it was very crowded around the raised dance floor, and too much school boy snickering for us to say it was in any way erotic. (No one felt compelled to go to the playroom immediately afterwards, if that tells you anything.)

* By the way, we had no complaint about either the temperature in the disco, or the music. I now understand the complaints about the music a little better than I did after our last trip--it may be a generational thing, as I overheard a group of fiftysomethings complaining about the music one evening at dinner. We mostly love the music, even if hearing "All Summer Long" seven nights in a row gets a little tiresome.

* My last niggle about the resort has to do with the dessert options. This is the one area we find the food really lacking. There are plenty of choices, but I've yet to find one that is executed in a good way. As a result, we started skipping dessert at dinner and going for ice cream at lunch instead.

* Most of my concerns are more with my fellow guests than with the resort. Let's take attire. I don't really get guys who insist on wearing trucker caps or tennis shoes to dinner and/or the disco when most of the women have gone way above and beyond to dress up. It puts a damper on the mood of the place.

* The same goes with people who use the Jacuzzi beds late at night as a conversation pit. I'm not talking about pillow talk, either. I'm referring to groups of four or more people who sit down and chitchat on the beds when there are other guests attempting to use them for "other purposes." The same is true for people who place all of their belongings on the beds and then spend the rest of their time at the bar or in the hot tub. The beds aren't there as a storage facility.

* Finally, my award for the most obnoxious guest of the week has to go to the fellow we encountered in the playroom who can only be described as the Riviera Maya equivalent of Conan O'Brien's "masturbating bear." (Those of you who regularly watched his show when he aired very late night will know what I'm talking about.) Do you know how disconcerting it is to look up and see someone doin' the Han Solo right above you while you're trying to get busy with your loved one? Dude! The guy was running around the playroom relishing his hot dog at anyone in there, and his woman was letting him. WTH? Talk about a buzz kill.

We did have a fabulous time. I don't mean to sound like we didn't, as none of these relatively minor niggles took away from what was otherwise a great week. We look forward to our next trip, which can't come fast enough.
nawty2sum on Kasidie
desirecupl on SDC
nawty2sum
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 21 Jan 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby allovatan » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:04 pm

Could not agree more!

The same is true for people who place all of their belongings on the beds and then spend the rest of their time at the bar or in the hot tub. The beds aren't there as a storage facility.

Reserving a bed for hours on end while you socialize in the jacuzzi is just plain inconsiderate. I have taken to gently removing items in order to use the beds for their intended purpose. Typically start with removing the towels and putting down our own. The times where I have had to, typically one of the parties gets the idea and shows up to remove their own items.
allovatan
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA

Re: Trip report June 2009

Postby tout.prest » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:35 pm

nawty2sum wrote: Let's take attire. I don't really get guys who insist on wearing trucker caps or tennis shoes to dinner and/or the disco when most of the women have gone way above and beyond to dress up. It puts a damper on the mood of the place.

Amen to that !
This is a point that we have always wondered about. It always confuses us as to why some men don't, at least try, to make an effort to impress the ladies by the way they dress. I mean... isn't that kinda part of the point to Desire ? :? The ladies usually "dress to impress", so why wouldn't the men ? Hmmmmmm

You can only imagine what the men would say if some of the women started to wear "at home" style of casual clothing. I think there would be a revolt ! lol

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby miranda » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:20 pm

In our humble opinion, a couple is a "package deal". If HE doesn't bother to "dress to impress", we're not interested.
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby Empty_Nesters » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:42 am

miranda wrote:In our humble opinion, a couple is a "package deal". If HE doesn't bother to "dress to impress", we're not interested.

We totally agree with that. When we go to parties locally, we both dress up (of course she dresses sexier than he does) and we hate it when we see couples where the woman is looking drop dead sexy but her better (worse) half is wearing jeans and a t shirt. Some guys just do not have a clue.
Empty_Nesters
Desire Convert

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Riviera Maya