Newbie's no more Feb 24th - 29th, 2016

Please contribute Desire Riviera Maya Trip reports here

Newbie's no more Feb 24th - 29th, 2016

Postby ChaznKit » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:58 pm

Where to start... Customs was easy enough just make sure the plane has the correct forms. Yeah, we had to grab a few new ones once we landed but no big deal. Once we cleared customs, our driver was waiting for us. Just like they say, keep your head down and keep walking until you find them. Although I don't have an issue with telling people no...LOL After a quick 20 minute ride we were at the front gate. Once we pulled up to the front door, we were greeted by Mario. Where he said, " Welcome home or Welcome back home". Yep, were Newbies, so it's "Welcome home". It only took us an hour or so to completely understand what he meant.

The service was amazing. Never did a drink go beyond half full before we were being asked what it was we were drinking and a new drink was on its way. For our first trip I splurged a bit because that's what I do for my better half. We stayed in room 1502, a Jacuzzi suite that was 10 steps from the beach. The room was nice and large. The only knock would be that the Jacuzzi was a bit outdated and needed to be changed. Raphael and Jorge were always asking if we had everything that we needed. Which of course we did. Every morning I would go out to the beach and get our bed. I do not remember the guys name that I would go to but he was always attentive and everything would be set up for us. Afrika was amazing on the beach and she would constantly be checking on us and bring a new drink even we hadn't asked for a new one yet. The pool area always had something going on and Friday was the foam party. While we didn't go in, it looked like a lot of fun. The nightclub/disco was a good time and that always lead to the roof top Jacuzzi. Again, great bartenders and lots of friendly people. By the time we were supposed to head home, we were already thinking of staying an extra day.

While we were on the beach, we were always naked. Now I'm no a model by any means but the wife could be :lol:
So if being naked is what you want to do, then do it. While we walked around, I would have on loose shorts or something and the wife would have on a sheer cover up and either a G-string or bikini bottom. That was more then enough. In the evening's, I would have jeans and a button down shirt. The wife would have on some type of dress or something that went with the theme. So, it wasn't necessary to get extremely dressed up unless you wanted too.

The big question-do you have to hook up with another couple or will you be pressured?? The answer is no. Everyone is just there to have a good time. If it's something that you wanted, then it could happen. We met a lot of really nice people and everyone was happy. Seriously, maybe its the place, the drinks, the atmosphere. We are already looking to back around the same time next year. Hopefully this will help answer another Newbies questions about the resort. The age range was pretty good and we were comfortable with everyone we talked too. I just turned 44 and Kera is 36.

Bottom line, The trip is what you make of it.

Until next year.. unless we can figure out how to go back this year

Chaz and Kera :US
ChaznKit
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 22 Feb 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: Newbie's no more Feb 24th - 29th, 2016

Postby SexxxyInMe » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:47 pm

Excellent trip report, thanks for posting! So glad you had a great time. It's magical, isn't it?!
SexxxyInMe
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 17 Feb 2020

Re: Newbie's no more Feb 24th - 29th 2016

Postby ChaznKit » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:54 pm

It was better than we thought it could be. Like any Newbie there were a lot of questions and ideas of what to expect. The forum helped a lot and I'm glad we can contribute to it in a positive way. 11 months will pass quick enough and we will be back on the beach.
ChaznKit
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 22 Feb 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby coupleluvs2watch » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:11 pm

Thx for sharing :)
Stop by Beyond Our Bedroom to see where our journey takes us!
Life Is Too Short To Be Plain Vanilla, so we chose Swanilla!
coupleluvs2watch
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 0- 0-2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby Vixen and Him » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:39 pm

Well said. The happiest place on earth isn't Disney ;-)
Vixen and Him
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2024

Postby Travelcouple89 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:29 pm

Nice trip report, thanks for sharing. Can't wait till we get there! :wink:
Travelcouple89
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 0- 0-2012